Trail membership sucks...

iSharkMan

I liked the idea of trail membership for new players, but now that I starting making a new account and found out you can only buy 50 stackable members items from the GE at one time my thoughts changed. I really don't get the reason why Jagex have done this... also you can only stack up to 300 of them.

Does anyone else agree that this is stupid?

You can transfer money through red portal or wildy, interestingly, you can't duel it. You can trade money TO the trial account, just can't get it back (in normal ways)

The limitations do suck, but they sort of make sense in a half assed way to annoy bots. The thing i find funny is that it limits stuff f2p can do. For example, you can't duel cash in f2p worlds, you can't have 300 addy arrows, you can't buy more than 75 lobsters at a time...

But really, you can't complain, you get free membership and you can do everything a real member can do. It's just a little inconvenience.

CNqWHdA.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

At least everyone has (some form of) opportunity to check out the Member's world, now. It's a marketing ploy just as much as SoF is.

Tainaith.png

*99 Cooking Achieved: 4th of July, 2009--99 Fishing Achieved: Christmas Day, 2009--99 Woodcutting Achieved: May 4th, 2010--99 Magic Achieved: September 11, 2010--99 Fletching Achieved: June 14th, 2012--2000 Total Achieved: July 2nd, 2012*

*1100 Dominion Bosses defeated*

Heroes of Newerth player -- IGN: SaveTehPanda

StarCraft 2 player -- IGN: plasmaJelly

I dislike how we're forced to accept the trial membership.

You are? Last I heard you just didn't have to click the link in the activation email they send you.

2480+ total

You are? Last I heard you just didn't have to click the link in the activation email they send you.

And then you can't access the game until you click the link.

Yeah I wasn't too keen on this. When I made a new account a while back I just wanted to muck about in F2P, not be dropped into a Members tutorial.

Achieved 99 Woodcutting on 12/06/08

Yeah I wasn't too keen on this. When I made a new account a while back I just wanted to muck about in F2P, not be dropped into a Members tutorial.

What I did was create a new account, accept the trial membership then immediately log out.

Then I waited it out before logging in again.

A bit of a hassle if you want to start a new F2P acc right away, though.

But you could simply turn off the P2P tutorial right off the bat, Lodestone teleport to Lumbridge then never use a P2P world again (Only P2P thing unlocked would be the music from the troll cave in Burthorpe.)

Would still suffer from the G.E. limits though.

There's also either a 20k or 30k gp-value drop limit which makes it harder for new accounts to transfer money :)

I didn't know people still needed to do this..

Foreveralone people with no friends to help? :P

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

You can transfer money through red portal or wildy, interestingly, you can't duel it. You can trade money TO the trial account, just can't get it back (in normal ways)

The limitations do suck, but they sort of make sense in a half assed way to annoy bots. The thing i find funny is that it limits stuff f2p can do. For example, you can't duel cash in f2p worlds, you can't have 300 addy arrows, you can't buy more than 75 lobsters at a time...

But really, you can't complain, you get free membership and you can do everything a real member can do. It's just a little inconvenience.

I had members trial on my alt account not to long ago. Was no problem to buy 5k silver bars, 5k lobsters, 10k maple logs, etc.. 300 noted items was a pain though.

Also, as long as it's money.. get it traded back after trial expires.

Quickly boosted it's skill total by over 300 lvls... (1200ish to 1500ish total)

What bothers me far more is that membership trial accounts are used for advertising bots (like at w67 daemonheim etc).

Vmser.png

Didn't people find a way around this when the trial first came out? Something about skipping the tutorial and then just logging in straight into a F2P world.

2480+ total

I found a way to get around the membership trial.

You still have to activate it, but you can avoid having to log into P2P worlds.

All you have to do is, instead of activating the membership trial from the e-mail it sends you when you first log in, go to your account settings page.

Then go re-set your e-mail adress from there, and it will send you an e-mail to activate the e-mail change.

Upon activating that, it automatically activates the membership trial.

And then, after I logged in, instead of prompting me to create my character and automatically placing me in Burthorpe cave, it allowed me to select a F2P world and play through the F2P Lumbridge tutorial instead.

Didn't people find a way around this when the trial first came out? Something about skipping the tutorial and then just logging in straight into a F2P world.

I mentioned that.