RuneCast and BTS Video discussion.

Drazhor

The RuneCast is the video podcast, aimed to be posted as a fortnightly video for all the fans out there.

I personally like it, I think it's a good way for them to show different parts of the Runescape community doing different little things.

I will add the latest video to this post every time a new one is added.

This is just a simple little thread to show the videos and discuss them :mrgreen:

Latest RuneCast video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC_HbCJciJQ&feature=g-u-u

[hide=Previous Videos here]

[hide=RuneCast #1 31/05/2012]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4YY2koGfCU&list=UUGpr8LIrdwrEak3GuZLQPwg&index=0&feature=plcp[/hide]

[hide=RuneCast Pilot Episode 17/05/2012]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ynxrNCHf7g&list=FLGpr8LIrdwrEak3GuZLQPwg&index=4&feature=plcp[/hide]

[/hide]

The BTS video's are released by Jagex quite often, which give us an insight into the works of different updates that are heading our way!

Latest BTS video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t95NWZ9CsTc&feature=g-u-u

Enjoy and discuss! :grin:

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In terms of the penguin quest that they bring up in the RuneCast, a few more bits of info from 4:20 in this video too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KODYqdN1vI8

Hard to hear it, but the just is you are trying to rescue Larry from a Prisoner of 'Walrus' camp :P Oh I do love their puns!

Seems like it's gonna be quite a fun quest! Can't wait! :D

EAVnEYl.png

Well the MCM one starts off with a few things related to RS players, lil interview with Mod Mark and Mod Chihiro; asking them some questions.

First que was if they were thinking of changing the levels past 99 to 120 like DG; they said they have no plans to raise any skills past 99.

Second was about bows becoming good again, like more likely to use them rather than a cbow

Third was if they were gonna give maxed players more 'individuality', which they said yeah, a lot more because there's a limited option for stuff at the higher levels of the game.

Fourth was referring to community being heard in the game again

Then there was the one about asking for hints about the future penguin quest, said it'll be a strong storyline, have "another classic link to another classic film"

Another asking about more hairstyles and hair colours to be added, they said yeah they say within the year.

Then finally about any future work for clans, they mention a "clan avatar" which allows you to bring a clan mascot out onto the open world and customize it with your clan stuff..and apparently it'll help you out too.

Then finally, a prize giveaway of concept art and a MCM expo t-shirt :P

EAVnEYl.png

Well the MCM one starts off with a few things related to RS players, lil interview with Mod Mark and Mod Chihiro; asking them some questions.

First que was if they were thinking of changing the levels past 99 to 120 like DG; they said they have no plans to raise any skills past 99.

Second was about bows becoming good again, like more likely to use them rather than a cbow

Third was if they were gonna give maxed players more 'individuality', which they said yeah, a lot more because there's a limited option for stuff at the higher levels of the game.

Fourth was referring to community being heard in the game again

Then there was the one about asking for hints about the future penguin quest, said it'll be a strong storyline, have "another classic link to another classic film"

Another asking about more hairstyles and hair colours to be added, they said yeah they say within the year.

Then finally about any future work for clans, they mention a "clan avatar" which allows you to bring a clan mascot out onto the open world and customize it with your clan stuff..and apparently it'll help you out too.

Then finally, a prize giveaway of concept art and a MCM expo t-shirt :P

They did NOT say bows will be better than cbows.

If you tie that point int the following comments about variety it is clear what they mean is that bows and crossbows of comparable requirements will BOTH be viable choices.

Plus info from other videos have clearly stated they want to make all weapons (of a given level) equal in terms of dps but with different uses.

So for example maces will be much slower but hit much harder to compensate and be good at crush, whilst daggers will hit super fast but quite low and probably be good for slashing etc.

Extrpolating this to ranged I'd assume this means bows are likely to ht much harder to compensate for being slower and we might see the bolt tips expanded into matching/similar arrows.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I would love to see a good breadth of ranged stuff that is viable. We have a lot of old outdated weapons that aren't very good because they have never been balanced with the main ranged items. I would love to see (different please!) effects on tipped arrows. It is cool how the different bolts all have nice advantages. However it would be cool if using a lower lvl bolt in a high bow is balanced because the bow itself adds strength. Right now only the bolt/arrow has ranged strength values.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I didn't say they'd be better than cbows either ;-)

EAVnEYl.png

Thought the "classic movie" was James Bond's Goldfinger? Seems like they don't keep track of all the info they leak out :twisted:

Thought the "classic movie" was James Bond's Goldfinger? Seems like they don't keep track of all the info they leak out :twisted:

So did I but apparently they don't really know :P Strange though, cause it's a topic that's coming up in a few MCM videos I've seen! At least Nancy could have given them a little bit of info about the name! :lol:

EAVnEYl.png

Nice to have these stored somewhere. |^_^|

Always enjoy watching them and the editing of the video is very smooth and nice, except for when they clip over to Ability44. :P

Looking forward to the BTS Video today now as well.

I didn't say they'd be better than cbows either ;-)

You kinda did

'more likely to use them rather than a cbow'

That statement implies a person will pick a bow over a cbow usually, the implication being bow > cbow generally.

if you just said 'more likely to use them' you'd of got the right meaning, it's the 'rather than' that suggests using them over something else thus making the something else worse than it.

But this is getting entirely off-topic.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I do like these videos. I don't Like the part with Ability44 or whoever it is talking about stuff.

Nice that they talk about the Upcoming Updates with more Information.

With the recent Combat Video I like the New Magic Spell Uses & don't like the Ranging ones.

Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

Going for Level 99 Magic & Level 99 Smithing!!!

Going for 200M Woodcutting exp!!!!!!!

0346-0077-6360 Mario kart Wii

I hope that you are Reporting the Bots! Please Report Bots.

Level 5 tacklebox for wearing the completionist cape? mellow.gif

Most likely. Completionist cape tends to require everything.. Might be for trimmed only, but..

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

New BTS video too!

Think I might add these in too in the first post but not archive them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3bBMynLpdw&feature=g-u-u

Crucible looks amazing!

Located beneath the wilderness (surprise!)

Must be lvl 60 or higher to be assigned a target

Targets based on combat potential rather than level

The items look insane!

EAVnEYl.png

hmm so it's true it is a dragon defender in his right hand, wonder if that means we can choose what hand we wield off-hand items in, and finally use weapons in our left hand. would be a nice touch.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

hmm so it's true it is a dragon defender in his right hand, wonder if that means we can choose what hand we wield off-hand items in, and finally use weapons in our left hand. would be a nice touch.

As they said in the video. They just built the "Punchbag" guy with a strange setup. You notice he slashes with the defender and has old item graphics as well.

Still not interested in the slightest about the Crucible, but the combat tab will be used a lot more in the future once the rework is released.

ahh must've missed that part, it's a shame though would be nice cosmetic addition being able to pick which hand to assign items too.

Quest Cape Achieved 10/08/2012

TFU: Ruinous Edge

TFUsig2_zpsc5e7f1a4.png

A piece of glass in the sand under your feet, it cuts you deep and it makes you hate the beauty that you see.

2 Bits I love most from that video

139 player combat - fact they say 'can't quite see that think it looks like an 8 you'll hear more about that soon' gives it away its a genuine change. Wonder how high we'll be able to go now? Guessing this is part of the whole 'hiding strength' thing so perhaps (only the main stats anyway) we are moving closer to 1:1 stat:cmb

Ability to set xp modes for each combat class so swapping isn't eratic on what u end up with.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Got to love the boobs update!

15cfxnp.png

No.

But as seen on some teaser pictures I posted here you can see it will be possible to hold a bow with the left hand.

15cfxnp.png

No.

But as seen on some teaser pictures I posted here you can see it will be possible to hold a bow with the left hand.

Could just be a changed model, perhaps we used right hand to load arrows or something or could be the 'shield bows' mentioned by jmods on forums. Which are basically normal bows but they sacrifice some offence to offer some defence which is coming along with 2h crossbows (where 2h cbow vs cbow will be like sword vs 2h sword)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Still not interested in the slightest about the Crucible ...

Inb4theymaketheCruciblearequirementforthecompletionistcape. :unsure:

15cfxnp.png

LOL! Look out guys, Runescapes about to get a lot more boobier! :lol:

nyuseg.png

Still not interested in the slightest about the Crucible ...

Inb4theymaketheCruciblearequirementforthecompletionistcape. :unsure:

They wouldn't dare challenge the Completionist Community with such exp waste. :P