8realms officially closed.

Kaur

Heard about this a while back, sucks for those who enjoyed it...

What scares me more is the ease that they can say "Yep, it's going, sorry, bye."

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Wow another Jagex came being closed down.. honestly the company will have a pretty bad track record if Transformers and this other game that's a "closely guarded secret" aren't AMAZING.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Did 8realms ever leave beta? Guess it's disappointing if it never left beta to those who liked it. But not every game can be a hit.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

So, if this game crash and burned, how is War of Legends still going?

WOL is not developed by Jagex. They just publish the game.

You know if they put the effort they put into that half assed beta into "mechscape" or "stellardawn" or whatever it's going by now, it'd be that much closer to being done. But no, they're wasting their time and ours.

Pathetic.

I remember when Jagex was a strong company. And then they started listening to their 11 year old fan base...

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

So, if this game crash and burned, how is War of Legends still going?

WOL is not developed by Jagex. They just publish the game.

I know that. What I am wondering is how a game such as 8Realms is shutting down its servers, yet War of Legends is still going after being on the market for a while. I remember being part of the beta for WoL and how, although hyped up, people did see that it was just another Evony clone.

22031_s.gif

You know if they put the effort they put into that half assed beta into "mechscape" or "stellardawn" or whatever it's going by now, it'd be that much closer to being done. But no, they're wasting their time and ours.

Pathetic.

I remember when Jagex was a strong company. And then they started listening to their 11 year old fan base...

Jagex has never really been a strong company. Andrew made a great game that took off and was managed well till he resigned. But as a company, everything aside from Runescape they have done has failed miserably.

Disappointing. Jagex has not had one succesful game after Runescape. Funorb has been left dying, 8realms closed down and War of Legends isn't exactly that popular either. I'm surprised that Hasbro gave them the Job of the Transformers MMO tbh. They really have to land a hit with this one or they'll have big problems with attracting other franchise.

Wow. I'm convinced this is how the rest of Jagex's portfolio will end up. They got lucky with RuneScape - that's so obvious to see now. I don't think they have the chops to pull through with Stellar Dawn and I'm sceptical on the Transformers MMO. If it does fare well it's only because it has a big IP behind it.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].