First chaotic

JGHCeltic

As I'm gradually approaching 200k tokens I'm wondering what would be the best chaotic for me? I know the general answer is rapier, most useful for slayer, training, etc, but as I mostly do PVP based activities and hardly any slayer or the like would a maul be more useful to me?

My next chaotic will most likely by the other out of the two but I don't plan on training dungeoneering a lot afterwards so may be a long way away.

Any and all help apprieciated. :^_^:

"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they dont shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein

Careful, nobody's sure what will happen to the Chaotic rapier after the Evolution of Combat hits. Considering that they aim to make all weapon classes have roughly the same DPS (meaning they'll increase the DPS of Chaotic longsword and Chaotic maul) and the possibility of failure (perhaps Chaotic longsword will be the new best Chaotic for training due to Jagex's failure to balance it properly), I would recommend not to get any Chaotic weapon, at least until the first glimpses of the beta are seen.

Chaotic maul seems to be the safest choice at the moment. It's DPS will probably be increased (to bring it in line with Chaotic rapier) and it's already quite useful for many bosses. Still, I would hold off on buying anything until the dust settles.

It's probable that when they standardize the dps of weapons in each tier, they won't account for overkill loss and fast weapons will still be slightly better

Even more likely is that you'll have to have both a large and small weapon with you to take full advantage of the different abilities

Anyway, that won't be happening for months so I wouldn't be making decisions based on it yet, and I'd agree that you're correct to grab rapier now.

If all weapons of the same tier have the same raw dps, then the chaotic longsword would be the best weapon in the game. However, it would be retarded for Jagex to do that, so the rapier will still probably be significantly better.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jagex makes all weapons equal dps assuming no other equipment/very little other equipment. In that case you'd still be better off with a rapier simply because of the larger effect of strength/attack bonus boost on lower attack/strength bonuses.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

In the combat rebalance shouldn't there be some kind difference between 2h's and 1h's as you have the ability to use a shield slot with the 1h. I mean I presume Jagex have thought about this..

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

For the maul to have the same raw DPS as rapier it would have to have a max hit of 1.5x the rapier's.

This means you would be hitting 900+ maul for the rapiers 600+, a nightmare for PvP.

Maul VS Rapier is already very balanced, maul being much more accurate making it better for high defense enemies but significantly worse raw DPS making rapier best for lower defense creatures.

I'm pretty sure jagex are talking more about Dragon scimmy VS Dragon longsword VS Dragon 2h etc, where scimmy is better for literally any situation.

Only chaotic that needs some work is the CLS which is currently total garbage, perhaps the rumored stab/slash/crush being much more important will give CLS a use, even without changing it's stats. (Although it has to compete with vine whip + dharoks whereas rapier and maul have no serious alternatives)

CNqWHdA.jpg

Take Cr 1st. When u will have 85 dung, u can make fast money with cr+piety+cannon. Then get 88 dung and take maul.

Im now doing the same thing

Getting to 88 DG with level 0 rings.

I HEARD SMART PEOPLE DO THIS.

You can easily get a tier 8 ring and 2 chaotics at 88, i assumed that was kinda implied. (Especially since you get the second chaotic at 87 w/o ring)

CNqWHdA.jpg