Combat Beta Forum

Just a random thought I had... with the big combat beta on Tuesday, there will be a lot of discussion about it. In the past, I've seen mods delete multiple threads about the same topic because they feel it's unnecessary. With how big the combat beta is tho, I could easily see several threads discussing it. I mean, the thread speculating about the beta is already 22 pages long.

I'm wondering if a temporary combat-beta subforum would be a good idea with all the discussion that's probably going to happen around it, if making a new forum isn't too much work :P

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Had this thought aswell, the first page of GD is basically beta discussion at the moment. :lol:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I really like this idea as well. It wouldn't have to be a permanent board but just a temporary one to use over the next few months as people adjust to the changes.

If this was added it should probably be around the General Discussion/H&A area on the main forum index as it's going to be a cross between people discussing things and asking for help and opinions.

I agree, a temp board for it seems wise since there's so many diverse topics to cover plus it'd give crewbie a place to look for data and/or put stickies for help with gathering new item stats, levels etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Hey guys,

I think our plan at this point is to just take it slow and if we see the need for a new board as it unfolds we will definitely take it in that direction. It is hard to tell what the reactions will be so early in the game and we don't want to divert discussion too much or we may end up stifling creativity and discussions needlessly. Hope that works. :)

1.png
generic_signature.png

Yeah whilst the thread isn't exploding too massively yet (though almost doubled pages in under 24hrs) info is getting lost and we aren't being able to pool knowledge very easily in the one thread.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Support, would be great to have its own forum so multiple things can be discussed, like monster weaknesses, weaponry, etc.

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Yeah whilst the thread isn't exploding too massively yet (though almost doubled pages in under 24hrs) info is getting lost and we aren't being able to pool knowledge very easily in the one thread.

You remember that you can make your own topic to discuss different aspects of the beta right? :) You're completely welcome to do so. DPS info would probably belong in Data & Research, discussion of changed playstyles or how pures can adapt to the new system would go in separate topics within General Discussion, questions about mechanics can go in H&A, and so on.

hzvjpwS.gif

You remember that you can make your own topic to discuss different aspects of the beta right? :) You're completely welcome to do so. DPS info would probably belong in Data & Research, discussion of changed playstyles or how pures can adapt to the new system would go in separate topics within General Discussion, questions about mechanics can go in H&A, and so on.

That seems sort of disorganized though. It's a big enough project that giving it a forum might be worth it in the long run.

That seems sort of disorganized though. It's a big enough project that giving it a forum might be worth it in the long run.

Personal opinion here, but it's a damn lot more organized than cramming it all into one topic that no one seems inclined to deviate from. I've seen other boards with dedicated forum/subforums for the beta and they're practically dead.

hzvjpwS.gif

Personal opinion here, but it's a damn lot more organized than cramming it all into one topic that no one seems inclined to deviate from. I've seen other boards with dedicated forum/subforums for the beta and they're practically dead.

Perhaps if it gets more attention later on though? Kind of like what Cowman says the plan is, since there will probably be a lot more to discuss over the next few months.

But perhaps the conversation is stiffled because the single thread is so difficult to read/post in?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I certainly find it stifling my will to respond how limited it is.

eg In first day I myself posted like 4 times how to sheath and unsheath weapons alone due to it beeng hard to find info in there so people kept asking.

I posted all the fight caves monster weaknesses and they got posted again 3 or so more times since like it's brand new info we need to know etc.

And we could make more thread but I think the desire has been stifled there too by the 'keep it all to one thread' policy from pre-launch

Plv6Dz6.jpg