SwiftKit Suggestions

Stidor

Hello, could you add notes, some timers, maybe drop logger to the right panel too? because laptop screens is more wider then taller. And could you add more then 1 timer? i could rely use more of them. Also wanted to suggest some sort of list for daily's, some list of added records, with button to reset it.

• 1 month later...

A full screen option (much like the full screen mode found in chrome) which allows RS to go full screen within swiftkit.

I have a dual monitor machine, and when you go full screen through the RS settings, it demands exclusivity. Meaning that once I move to the second monitor RS will jump back to resizeable.

I have the problem, that whenever I load the RS starting page via SwiftKit, I land on the English frontpage and have to switch it manually to the German one.

I suggest an option for the button "Play RS" to "Play German RS" which shall lead to the German frontpage.

Thank You very much!

• 2 months later...

Would be awesome if you guys could add our hp bar, prayer bar, run energy and special attack bar on the top right portion of our screen, like the orion client. I don't think its illegal, and it would definately make swiftkit 100% more usefull :) Thanks

http://services.rune...-party_software

2. Software that monitors, modifies or decrypts the communications between our game applets and our game worlds.

That would fall under this category which is not allowed.

That rule only concerns the communication between the client and the server. Orion doesn't monitor, modify, or decrypt that. It's completely legal. Not really possible for SK to do, though.

• 1 month later...

How about adding HP/Prayer/Run Orbs on the mini map like the orion client.

We are in talks with Jagex about the legality of this we should know more after runefest. At which point we will make a decision. At present our interpretation of the Runescape Rules prevents us from adding this and we have conflicting messages from Jmods. At RuneFest we intend to resolve this once and for all.

simmo200.png

• 1 month later...

I have spoken to jmods about this this and many other things. The third party rules are out of date and they are working off a more up to date unpublished version. As i'm still in the uk I have not  had the chance to discuss this with the rest of the swiftkit staff. So I cant give you our position on this just yet. 

simmo200.png

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I think I may be the only one who wants this, but I really miss the old objective system Runescape had back in 2009 I believe. I loved how it let you set a random objective because sometimes I have no idea what I want to do, and having that system always made the game more enjoyable for me. It could give a random objective such as smithing 85 steel daggers or something, or just a certain level. To me, those make the game more interesting because it gets boring when you don't know what you want to do. But that's just me, and that's my suggestion. This is also the first time I am posting on this forum just so everyone knows.

Alright I guess you didn't get the point. Nothing on Swiftkit can reward you in-game. The reward is the satisfaction of knowing you completed an objective, gained experience and possibly a couple levels, and made items that you can use or sell. It sets a goal for you when you don't know what you want to do. Never mentioned anything about getting an actual reward from runescape. To me, having something like that for people who don't know what they want to do keeps them playing runescape, and keeps them using SwiftKit. At least that's how I would play it out.

• 2 weeks later...

On Swiftkit, under Utilities, there are Highscore Tools, but these only work with EOC stats.  Could you find a way to make this work with Old School stats please?  I especially like seeing the progress bars under the Stats Lookup on this utility, since it shows all skills at once.  Then I can see at a glance the closest ones to a level.

I do have "Old Schools Tools" checked but it doesn't affect this particular utility.  This was one of my favorite tools on Swiftkit.

http://services.rune...-party_software

2. Software that monitors, modifies or decrypts the communications between our game applets and our game worlds.

That would fall under this category which is not allowed.

That rule only concerns the communication between the client and the server. Orion doesn't monitor, modify, or decrypt that. It's completely legal. Not really possible for SK to do, though.

I'm going out on a limb here given that I used to know a lot of people back when botting was at its peak back in RS1, if this client somehow displays information (within the game) that is hidden and it requires you to have java installed on your PC then I'm fairly sure it isn't using all the files to load RuneScape directly from their server, some must be installed to your hard drive, therefore is technically against RS rules.

SK is basically a program with a frame that has RS within it, which can therefore never be against the rules by modifying the actual RS client as it's built with VB/.NET rather than Java.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Please add a "pocket" forum. This could be an internal utility which allows you to use the forum's fullest capability as you play RuneScape. I made a small prototype of how this should look programming myself. 

It would be a small tab control, which has 1 starting tab: Navigation. On the navigation window, there could be the sign in button (which will use HTTP web requests to sign you into Runescape.com forums) and then it gives you a combo box control which allows you to select from the forums to browse or a QFC finder. Then, once you select a forum the listview below it will load with the Topics, Lock/Sticky status, Replies, Views, etc. If you click a topic from the list on Navigation, it will open a new tab with the topic in the pocket. On the new tab it starts by showing the first reply, and then you click either the > or < button to go back and forth with replies. Since it's a small pocket forum, only show 1 reply at a time or more if you can make it. 

I programmed a prototype of what the navigation should look like here:

00ca309f6770d1abf90e78b067d899d9.png

I forgot to add a QFC code finder to the GUI prototype. 

Suggestion 2:

I programmed a fully working Item catalogue using the Grand Exchange API made by Jagex. Here's a picture, it was easy to make and my picture is self explanitory.

46a0cd17588f37587203260b5a28e941.png

Suggestion 3:

Market Movers (again programmed by me)

d0f98fbbd0e105d6f840493ec59dd577.png

Suggestion 4:

I didn't get to making it, but an investing RS simulator. The way it works is you buy a theoretical x amount of _item_. The program downloads the price for the item or you input the price you pay for it. It saves in your investing simulator. It then adds the thing you "bought" to your account and the original amount you payed for it. You can then visit in a couple of days and see how much theoretic profit or loss you would've made because it will compare the initial values of everything to what you have now