Tip.It Times - 7th October 2012

tripsis

Time for a new release of the: >>>Tip.It Times!<<<

callingwriters.jpg

WRITE FOR THE TIMES - SUBMIT A GUEST ARTICLE:

Remember, YOU can write an article for the Tip.It Times! You can apply to write full time, or just submit a "one-off" guest article any time you want! Our editors will work with you to ensure that your article is ready for publication. All guest articles can be submitted to @tripsis or any other Editorial Panel member. For more information, including details on how to apply full time, read this forum thread: http://forum.tip.it/topic/209138-how-to-write-for-the-tipit-times/

I'd like to remind people of the rules pertaining to Times threads:

[hide=Read these rules before posting in this thread]

Rampant flame wars have taken control of virtually every week's times discussion topics. The following guidelines must be followed when posting on this topic. Posts that ignore these guidelines will be removed.

1. You are invited and welcome to express like or dislike on articles and a particular author's writing style. It is not acceptable, however, to flame or personally insult an author. Posts that aren't anything but an attack will be removed from the topic.

2. Spelling and grammar errors can be reported to tripsis by PMing her and they will be fixed promptly. It is not necessary to post them on the discussion topic.

3. Off topic posts that do not discuss the content of that week's articles will be removed. This is not the place to discuss the direction of the times, how much you love or hate the times, etc. Off topic posts will be removed.

By keeping within these guidelines, Times discussion topics will mean more for the Panel and Administration than just a place for flame wars. Flame wars do not provide any useful feedback to the Times, which is mainly what we're aiming for with these topics: feedback.

This policy is effective as of now, November 17, 2010. Any posts prior to the creation of this policy may or may not be removed according to the new guidelines.

[/hide]

When replying please make sure to clarify the article you are replying to! Thanks!

If you spot any typos or mistakes in an article then please PM them to @tripsis. :)

Enjoy the articles!

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I looked at the title of the Wilderness article and thought it was going to be a discussion about the animal costumes in Solomon's General Store.

Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised. I'm definitely looking forward to the Wilderness content next year.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

There's an entire community eagerly anticipating this, but few of those people frequent Tip.it...

All the more reason for Jagex to come up with truly enticing ways to lure a typical Tip.iter to the wild, and all the more reason for me to write about it :)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Really enjoyed the Wilderness article. I've been waiting for more skilling oprotunities in the wilderness for long time. I used to pk a back in rsc and the newly released rs2, but eventually felt the strange need to skill.....

anyways a revamp of the wildy would definatly bring me back there and give it another shot. I really enjoyed my pking days and would love to try it out with these new tricks we'll be getting :twisted:

De_Toke.png
max.png
Quest cape since Jan. 30th, '08

re: Your Money IS Your Loyalty

Jagex has put too much work into trying to tempt old, veteran players into spending more money on a game they love than focusing on marketing and streamlining. In short, Jagex need to get their priorities in order if they truly want RuneScape to exist for another ten years.

I believe Jagex does realize that they can’t keep pleasing the vets and attract meaningful amounts of new players who want to start from scratch. Eventually, the tipping point will be reached where it makes no financial sense to cater to these vets or lure wayward old-timers back to the game. At that point, the reboot of RuneScape can commence in earnest.

Lest any of you/us get our feelings hurt, IVP didn’t just invest in the game, they invested in the brand. RuneScape is whatever they define it to be, sentimental vets be damned.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Aww ;')

Well it does, cuz the general message we brought is still out there :)

BTW; Jagex have editted the EoC beta to allow people to toggle single and multi-combat on and off, instead of there being zones like today's wild...

This is one of those old, stupid and repeated mistakes that I referred to in my article...

They want to cater to clans, but keep the lonely guy in mind...

In this case, they'll put some stuff to entice people to return to the Wilderness, restoring the foodchain as such, but then they want to make it impossible for predators to hunt the prey...

In other words; Jagex have shot themselves in the foot already if they're going to keep this switch instead of the multi- and single zones we have today... And whatever awesome updates they plan to do to revitalize the Wilderness, is going to be ineffective already...

For the RSforum link, click here:

[qfc]301-302-617-64033548[/qfc]

It's in the private Combat Beta forums and therefore not accessible to everyone.

If you can't see it, make sure you're logged in.

Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

The Wilderness is, indeed, dead content and more is the pity for it. It’s not dead because Jagex took it away either, but rather it’s dead because of how they brought it back.

I have some friends, former PKers amongst them, who absolutely refuse to go into the Wildy anymore – they won’t even go after penguins or shooting stars. They refuse to use the Wildy at all, not because they’re afraid, but rather because they have a principle that they feel is necessary to uphold. They refute Jagex’s claim that the “revised” Wildy was what the majority of players wanted, and they’re downright angry that the Wildy has now returned with “training wheels”.

While I am not one of those people who refuse to use the Wildy – in fact, I venture forth into it at least 2-3 times a night – I can see their point. Why offer to bring back “the Wildy” and then nerf it? There’s no one out there on most worlds, and those who are out there are only interested in PKing bots. Honestly, where is the overwhelming 91% of players who wanted this? I can tell you one thing – they’re not in the Wilderness, that’s for certain.

I look forward to the upcoming content – personally, I’d wish for a “Wilderness Task/Challenge Diary” – but I’d wager that I’d be in the minority for that too …

nyuseg.png

I wanted free trade back, I could've cared less about the wilderness. I think they didn't do justice to the return of the wilderness though.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

This is one of those old, stupid and repeated mistakes that I referred to in my article...

They want to cater to clans, but keep the lonely guy in mind...

In this case, they'll put some stuff to entice people to return to the Wilderness, restoring the foodchain as such, but then they want to make it impossible for predators to hunt the prey...

In other words; Jagex have shot themselves in the foot already if they're going to keep this switch instead of the multi- and single zones we have today... And whatever awesome updates they plan to do to revitalize the Wilderness, is going to be ineffective already...

There's never going to be a good reason to go into the wilderness so long as sufficient nonwild alternatives exist or the content itself is poor. Snipers have their toggles on single and it becomes a deathmatch and utterly useless. TMC and TLC and other mexican country clans notorious for mass sniping will just be that much more annoying because any rules often made against the switch will be ignored as always.

To summarize: the wilderness was already dead save for clans and low level team pking/dm's and there's nothing jagex can do about it.

WG won't have to worry as much though since they're primarily a p2p & cwa clan. And a large portion of the clan community hate the EoC as much as the rest of them want to see it so careful not to overstate the numbers there.

hzvjpwS.gif

WG won't have to worry as much though since they're primarily a p2p & cwa clan. And a large portion of the clan community hate the EoC as much as the rest of them want to see it so careful not to overstate the numbers there.

Disagree. We're mainly f2p these days. P2P is long since dead minus Bruts cluster fights on a weekend. I personally am kinda intrested about the changes EoC will make to pvp but i dont want to see it as well. No matter what you say and the Video's Euphoria have done with F2P cwa fights and PvP fights have shown that the changes can be used well and that warring doesnt nessicarly have to take a huge change.

2880_s.gif

[spoiler=Clans]Current Events Leader of Tal Shiar Alliance

Current Raid Leader of Wilderness Guardians

Current Old School Power Ranger of Team Power Rangers

Current Member of Clan Europe

Ex Member of Team Dark Legacy (R.I.P)

Ex Paladin of Old Age Militos Deci

Ex Leader of New Age Militos Deci

Ex Early Veteran of Pk Masters (R.I.P)

It's just that I haven't remembered seeing a posted fight from WG in a long time so I assumed you guys were still doing your p2p trips. My bad.

No matter what you say and the Video's Euphoria have done with F2P cwa fights and PvP fights have shown that the changes can be used well and that warring doesnt nessicarly have to take a huge change.

Well good thing I didn't state anything like that. I said Ts was simply overstating the amount of people in the clan world excited about the update. And he is. They're not "all for the update", it's still pretty 50-50.

hzvjpwS.gif

Sorry this is off topic, but was doing my normal 8-12 month rs lurk where i try and see what TSA is up to and i find its gone. I realize i haven't played much in the past few years but for some reason this really hit me hard, it seemed to me that as sad as this sounds no matter how bad life got TSA was always there if i wanted to go back. So many late nights spent talking to you, taraka, lore, toilet, and all the others its disheartening to find thats gone. I realize now that the only realy reason i played runescape after a point was to bullshit with you guys and i have to thank you nightshade for making the clan in the first place, had a ton of fun and a ton of good memories. TSA is something oddly enough that i will remember for the rest of my life.

• Like 1

dudy80sigy.jpg

Thanks for the sig Rose!

My blog to 99 slayer: Here

It's very much on topic, cuz the clanworld dying off caused TSA to perish as well... Not only that but you point out a very good reason why a lot of veterans have quit RuneScape... As you said, quite a lot of people only played because their friends or clan did...

As for the lot of us from the clan; some of them still hang out on IRC and occasionally drop in... I think that the day that the door closes on that channel for the last time is a long way off still...

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

It's very much on topic, cuz the clanworld dying off caused TSA to perish as well... Not only that but you point out a very good reason why a lot of veterans have quit RuneScape... As you said, quite a lot of people only played because their friends or clan did...

As for the lot of us from the clan; some of them still hang out on IRC and occasionally drop in... I think that the day that the door closes on that channel for the last time is a long way off still...

Oh, whats the irc info? I kinda figured that channel went west as well considering the site seems to be down.

dudy80sigy.jpg

Thanks for the sig Rose!

My blog to 99 slayer: Here

#Tal_Shair on swiftirc

(irc.swiftirc.net)

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!