Festive Aura: 50% bonus xp each day.

toone

Just saw a banner after logging in about a Festive Aura giving a 50% XP boost each day during december. Because it's an aura the xp boost is probably limited by it's duration and recharge time, but that's quite a gift from Jagex anyway.

Tooneb.pngToone.png

Wait for the inevitable anger by people who think their achievements are somehow invalidated and hate free bonuses.

And for the f2pers to complain even though they don't do much for the company.

And the inevitable responses to this post trying to justify why this bonus is bad or why f2p is relevant beyond a demo.

• Like 1

Actually the link on the banner announcing the free festive aura for all members doesn't work. We should wait for the details, but as you guys said, an aura has a limited duration + recharge time. I bet on something like 1 hour duration and 4 hours recharge.

oFqaf.jpg

Also, please, let me upload puushed files with a .png extension to these boards, it's driving me insane.

You can, just add .png after the puush link and tags.

On topic, I suppose this aura thingy is a nice bonus. 30mins feels a little short, but I guess we can't complain too much. :P

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

[qfc]16-17-58-64120485[/qfc]

Winter Weekend FAQ

How do I get my Aura?

You can find the Festive Aura waiting for you in your inventory as soon as you log in as a member any day from the 1st December. If your inventory is full, then it will be placed in your bank. If your bank is also full, feel free to ask Xuan for one.

Do I have to be a member each day to get the Aura?

No. Log in as a member any day in December and the Aura will automatically be added to your inventory. However, if you lapse out of membership, you will not be able to use the item while playing as a free player.

Are there any limitations on the XP from the Aura?

The Festive Aura has a few limitations. You can get your 50% XP boost for 30 minutes each time and has a daily limit of 50k XP. The recharge time is a little under 24 hours to allow you to use it at roughly the same time every day. Also, it will work for all skills including Dungeoneering.

The experience will stack in the exact same way that the other auras stack - so, if any XP bonus you're getting stacks with the Corruption, Wisdom or Harmony auras, for example, it'll stack with this too.

What happens if I drop/destroy my Aura?

If you lose or destroy your aura you can get another one from Xuan, in Burthorpe or Varrock.

If I drop/destroy my aura and get it back from Xuan, will I have to wait for it to recharge again to use it?

Yes.

Will my aura recharge while I’m free to play?

Yes.

How does the Aura become a cosmetic?

After December 31st the Festive Aura will lose its festive bonus XP and will become a solely cosmetic item.

What time do the weekend events start and end?

For every weekend of December, the events will start on Saturday at 00:01 GMT and end on Sunday 23:59 GMT.

Where will I get double drops?

This list shows the bosses and other monsters from which you will receive double drops during the first weekend of December. Where an area is given, rather than an individual monster, it applies to all enemies within that area:

• Nex
  • Commander Zilyana
  • General Graardor
  • Kr'ik Tsutsaroth
  • Kree'arra
  • King Black Dragon
  • Glacor
  • Kalphite Queen
  • Barrows Chest
  • Giant Mole
  • Dagannoth Kings
  • Revenant Dungeon
  • Stronghold of Security
  • Chaos Tunnels

What other wintery weekends are coming up?

We will give you more information closer to the time, but you can look forward to double rewards from minigames, double Dungeoneering XP, snowman raids and more.

Is this a replacement for the seasonal content?

No, this is supposed to support seasonal content. Look out for the upcoming Stray Dog event for some cuddly Christmas cheer!

77yLQy8.png

50k xp/day. IT'S GAMEBREAKING AND DESTROYS MY ACHIEVEMENTS.

Etc.

The limitation of 50k/day has changed my plans. I might switch from summoning to farming with it. Interesting.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Of course 50k a day isn't gamebreaking, nor does it destroy achievements previously gained. I was arguing on the basis it was a blanket 50% boost to XP throughout the whole month, which on the information available at the time, including precedent of XP giveaways earlier this year (one million XP literally handed away in summer just for being a member), was a perfectly reasonable conclusion to jump to.

It isn't that, so let's stop with the hyperbole, yes?

Of course 50k a day isn't gamebreaking. I was arguing on the basis it was a blanket 50% boost to XP throughout the whole month. Which it isn't, so let's stop with the hyperbole, yes?

It was marketed from the top as an aura, not a monthwide boost, clearing the need for the argument in the first place. But alas, I digress. This is TIF. Hyperbole is what we do best.

• Like 1

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Of course 50k a day isn't gamebreaking, nor does it destroy achievements previously gained. I was arguing on the basis it was a blanket 50% boost to XP throughout the whole month, which on the information available at the time, including precedent of XP giveaways earlier this year (one million XP literally handed away in summer just for being a member), was a perfectly reasonable conclusion to jump to.

It isn't that, so let's stop with the hyperbole, yes?

sarcasm --------->

head

i'm glad i managed to sell my herbs and shit before people found out

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg