Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Karil's Pistol Crossbow help!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

xByrdman
[ Display Name History ]

xByrdman

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:xByrdman
I've been trying to buy one on the Ge but haven't had any luck. I've put in offers up to 900k. Does anyone know what or where I can buy one at? I'm talking about the main hand crossbow just to be clear

Quest_Cape_K
[ Display Name History ]

Quest_Cape_K

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • RSN:Quest Cape K
  • Clan:PvmDG
Try searching on RSOF for a pricing, see how much people are buying/selling for.

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
It doesn't exist yet, and even if it did, 900k would be far too low of an offer.

Archangelx
[ Display Name History ]

Archangelx

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • RSN:ArchangeLx
There are people on the forums selling them, but prices aren't really consistent. The most common price I saw was 5m. But then again, I saw a couple of 15m's, 20m's and then 4-6m's. (There was a random 32m, haha, but I doubt its worth anywhere near that).

Incase you need it: just search for "pistol" on the threads.

(Just checked again real quick. It seems that the main hand is usually around 15m - 20m, whereas the off-hand is ~5m).

Posted Image

xByrdman
[ Display Name History ]

xByrdman

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 44 posts
Well that's a disappointment...I only wanted it because I cant afford Arma xbow haha I really need to upgrade my range power,the rune xbow doesnt cut it anymore. I can afford the royal xbow but I dont think i can get to the 4th phase of Qbd. Any suggestions on that?? If i need to range it I'm sure i can get someone to lend me an arma xbow and if i need to mage it I already have Gano. I'm pretty close to getting a chaotic if I need one and my stats should be in my sig.

Edit: I have about 7 summoning levels banked in charms and could get a tort if i need it.

Quyneax
[ Display Name History ]

Quyneax

Aes Sedai

• Members
  • 11,297 posts
  • RSN:Mierin
You have the stats to get there theoretically but it would be fairly tough. With a tortoise, it's already easier - kyatt might work too. I would definitely suggest you try her out (do the quest of course). The final phase is hardest and you don't need to finish that.

For your stats, I think you want to get your best ranged top/legs, ranged dragonfire shield, a borrowed Armadyl crossbow, rely on defensive abilities to survive and bring lots of rocktail plus a couple of pray pots.
Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions
99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)
99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)
99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)
99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)
99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)
Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring
Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace
30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

xByrdman
[ Display Name History ]

xByrdman

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 44 posts

You have the stats to get there theoretically but it would be fairly tough. With a tortoise, it's already easier - kyatt might work too. I would definitely suggest you try her out (do the quest of course). The final phase is hardest and you don't need to finish that.

For your stats, I think you want to get your best ranged top/legs, ranged dragonfire shield, a borrowed Armadyl crossbow, rely on defensive abilities to survive and bring lots of rocktail plus a couple of pray pots.

I've already done the quest but something like Karil's and use ruby bolts (e)? Which abilities? Rejuvenate mainly?

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts

There are people on the forums selling them, but prices aren't really consistent. The most common price I saw was 5m. But then again, I saw a couple of 15m's, 20m's and then 4-6m's. (There was a random 32m, haha, but I doubt its worth anywhere near that).

(Just checked again real quick. It seems that the main hand is usually around 15m - 20m, whereas the off-hand is ~5m).

You found people selling the main-hand one?
I am having a hard time believing that; may you link me to the relevant thread(s)?
I'm interested in obtaining one of these too.

chenw
[ Display Name History ]

chenw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,953 posts
  • RSN:Tim ChenW2
I do remember on the forums people are selling the MH crossbow, or they post they are buying it and ended up having bought it, but this is very circumstantial and is possible that its price manipulation on items that do not exist.

Regardless though, Wikia has a picture of the Main Hand crossbow, so I am inclined to believe it actually exist, but the numbers can be very very low.

One thing is for certain, Armadyl Crossbow is still the better choice due to their prayer bonus and (I think) the damage is greater on the Armadyl than the Karil. And the GE price is increasing for the MH crossbow, so it's a proof that it is being traded.

Regardless of the stats, the current street price of Karil MH crossbow varies wildy, and most of the time it's higher (some cases, a lot higher) than armadyl crossbow, so unless you get really lucky at barrows, I'd get save to get armadyl instead.

Or just simply do DG and get the chaotic.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts

And the GE price is increasing for the MH crossbow, so it's a proof that it is being traded.

Not proof.
G.E. price for Studded leather boots was increasing when they weren't even obtainable yet, for example.

Archangelx
[ Display Name History ]

Archangelx

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 125 posts

You found people selling the main-hand one?
I am having a hard time believing that; may you link me to the relevant thread(s)?
I'm interested in obtaining one of these too.

Should have clarified that that was what people were buying them for. You are correct in that there aren't any threads actually selling the main hand. My apologies. So I guess it's still not in the game...

Posted Image

F. Alvarez!
[ Display Name History ]

F. Alvarez!

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • RSN:Qoyolxauhqui
  • RSN2:iVR6
Seems like I'm not having one either (K-Pistol) ...</3.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

And the GE price is increasing for the MH crossbow, so it's a proof that it is being traded.

Not proof.
G.E. price for Studded leather boots was increasing when they weren't even obtainable yet, for example.

Unless Jagex is manually tinkering prices or they are linked to something else the price will not change if an item is not in circulation because the prices alter themselves based on GE transactions and trades.
I mean where is YOUR proof that the item is not obtainable?
The GE price changing is pretty decent proof the item IS in circulation, even if not 100% perfect due to Jagex tinkering and linked items

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Tim
[ Display Name History ]

Tim

Eternal Session of Sound

• Members
  • 8,846 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
wait, so we have a item in GE....that doesn't even exist yet.... Jagex logic right there.

Popoto.~<3

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts

Not proof.

Unless Jagex is manually tinkering prices or they are linked to something else the price will not change if an item is not in circulation because the prices alter themselves based on GE transactions and trades.
The GE price changing is pretty decent proof the item IS in circulation, even if not 100% perfect due to Jagex tinkering and linked items

Except the prices for Shark soup keep increasing even though we know for sure they aren't obtainable, and the prices of Studded leather boots (amongst others) kept increasing back when they were still unobtainable.

[ Display Name History ]

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 103 posts
And you keep posting on 1 month old topic..
Posted ImagePosted Image

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts

And you keep posting on 1 month old topic..

And this matters why...?

Archangelx
[ Display Name History ]

Archangelx

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 125 posts

Not proof.

Except the prices for Shark soup keep increasing even though we know for sure they aren't obtainable, and the prices of Studded leather boots (amongst others) kept increasing back when they were still unobtainable.

It's because people keep putting offers in increasing increments, thereby raising its value.

Posted Image

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts

It's because people keep putting offers in increasing increments, thereby raising its value.

I know :) And that is why the G.E. prices increasing isn't a proof of the item being in circulation.

Rinc3Wind
[ Display Name History ]

Rinc3Wind

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 132 posts
If you want higher power range but can't afford an armadyl crossbow, just use a black salamander with harralander tar. Another option that is a bit more expensive is the Royal crossbow with royal bolts. Both are 2h though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users