Queen Black Dragon help!

Leoo

I need to not defeat the beast but I need to survive to the 4th phase so I can forge my Royal Crossbow together.

I'm finding it extremely difficult to be able inflict damage onto her at my level using ranged. I was using a Crystal Bow with Royal D'hide, Amulet of Fury and Berzerker ring, as well as extreme ranging potions.

My combat levels are:

82 attack, 83 strength, 82 defence, 84 hp, 85 ranged, 85 prayer, 99 magic and 99 summoning. 95 herblore too.

I do not intend to buy any chaotic weapons other than a maul (i have 350k tokens).

I may considering buying expensive weapon to use as a one of then resell afterwards - unless someone is willing to lend their weapon!

I prefer to use magic or range!

Thanks in advance!

Oookkaayyy so,

As you're ranging and not going for speed kills etc, your current gear and stats should suffice. I am presuming you have overloads (I read extreme ranges, so should you not have overloads, take an ext def as well), renewals and super antifires here, judging from your herblore level.

First wave, sit back, two/three squares or right next to the central artefact on the left hand side, as you look at the QBD. Pray range protect and augury. The fire waves throughout the kill will have their gaps in 3 set locations (2 to the left and 1 to the right), one of the gaps is right next to the central artefact on the left hand side. On this stage, she will only attack with 1 fire wall at a time. So by placing yourself to the left, you can easily dodge the wave & hit the artefact.

The same scenario occurs for the second phase, however this time there could be souls and grotworms on the scene. Now, generally speaking it is best to ignore the grotworms, and focus on killing the QBD. On this stage, you can evade souls by running through them to the left, luring the dark ring beneath it, thus damaging it rather than you. The perfect time to do this is as soon as they call out to the QBD (exactly what they say, I cannot recall off the top of my head). As long as you make sure you run THROUGH them at this time, not AWAY, you will be fine. This technique is the same for every stage other than four, which I will explain later.

Note: she fires two fire walls at once this stage.

Keep on hitting her throughout the stage until you can activate the artefact.

For the third stage, head to the other side of the platform, and do much the same as previously. There will be two soul spawns this time, so you can either run east or west to combat the dark rings damaging you. There will be 3 fire waves at once this phase, so watch out. Tag the artefact and head on to the final phase.

Now for the fourth phase, it is likely there will be a few grotworms about, and if you're unlucky, some souls. The souls here will appear in a square around you, diagonally. So to lure them, you will need to run straight through one of them, to lure all FOUR portals into that one. It's likely though that the soul will die before all four have hit, so be prepared and eat up incase.

Now most importantly on the fourth phase, is the super dragonfire. This can wreck you if you're not prepared properly. When you see in the game chat that the QBD is about to use it, eat up to high health, and dash into the centre, brandishing the crossbow. Do NOT move until it has been forged, otherwise you will need to do it again.

I hope those tips can get you to the final phase without the use of too much food, my only worry being that Royal D'hide doesn't have fantastic defence bonuses.

If you still have trouble with range after PvmDG suggestions then I recommend using magic. Staff of light + ancients (blood/ice blitz) + range protect (I hear the magic boosting prayers are broken but you can use them as you wish). If you have Ganodermic armor, wear it, otherwise Ahrim's/Akrisae is fine. This should allow you to kill off souls and worms pretty easy.

However, it still requires a bit of food so war tort (or yak) of sharks is recommended.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Tier 70 weapons aren't optimal for the QBD. Upgrading to t75 (staff of light), t77 (armadyl battlestaff) or t80 (chaotics) would be the biggest upgrade.

Another big thing is to boost your armour and lp boost, royal dragonhide is t65 which is very low, upgrading to Karil's/Ahrim's at t70 would help, ganodermic at t75 if maging, and of course the higher the better. Since you want ranged defence against the QBD mainly, use a melee or all-class helmet/boots/gloves (barrows gloves are great).

@QCK: Definitely agreed on the speed, also very easy since you can avoid specs, but you will likely die after forging :P.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

t7 weapon and t6.5 armor on a t8 monster, upgrade your weapons (get a maul or chaotic claws) and use melee and void. Feel free to safe all you want on your way to phase 4 at which point you can just stand directly in front of her safe-ing until she does her super hot breath. Do not forget to brandish your xbow or you will be sad.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Thanks for the advice guys! I managed to brandish the bow! Incase anyone was wondering I used some of my Dungeoneering tokens to get the Chaotic maul!