• US Pacific: 1:00 PM

World: The world will be specified right before we start

Host:

Friends chat: Sylvette

Co-hosts: TBD

[pending]pin_1365883200[/pending]

Server and Location

•  

We will meet outside the entrance to the Kalphite King. We recommend clearing the blocked passage prior to the event, so that unnecessary health is not lost. Depending on attendance, we may need to split into multiple parties, so be sure to listen to the hosts. Their instructions are important and should not be ignored.

GETTING THERE

There are three main routes to the exiled kalphite hive, noted below and colour coded on the map:

Bandit camp lodestone (green) - completion of the Desert treasure quest required.

Camulet teleport (purple) - completion of the Enakhra's lament quest required.

Jaldraocht teleport (blue) - requires a charged Pharoah's sceptre or Sceptre of the Gods.

JRoWqWk.png

Once inside the exiled kalphite hive proceed south along the tunnel and then north to reach the entrance to the kalphite king lair. The obstruction to the west of the entrance can be cleared to create a shortcut. This requires 23 agility to pass.

IAfTltD.png

SETTING UP

TANK

The tank takes the majority of the damage from the kalphite king. The tank wears high melee and ranged defence armour - this role should be taken by the highest level or most experienced player in the group. The tank draws aggression by using the provoke ability, however the incite ability is not recommended. A shield is not required, however less experienced players can use it as a safety net in conjunction with shield abilities to reduce damage. Below is a sample action bar for a tank using dual drygore weapons.

oI8dByh.png

TANK SETUP

shq4dYl.png

Helm: Torva full helm* > Tetsu helm > Bandos helmet > Barrows helmet

Amulet: Saradomin's whisper > Amulet of fury > Amulet of Glory

Body: Torva platebody* > Tetsu body > Bandos chestplate > Barrows top

Legs: Torva platelegs* > Tetsu legs > Bandos tassets > Barrows legs

Gloves: Torva gloves* > Culinaromancer's gloves 10

Boots: Torva boots* > Steadfast boots > Ragefire boots > Glaiven boots > Ganodermic boots > Dragon boots

Cape: Completionist cape > Tokhaar-kal > Max cape > Ardougne cloak 4

Ring: Warrior ring (i) > Onyx ring (i) > Sixth-age circuit

Aura: Vampyrism > Penance

Scrimshaw: Scrimshaw of vampyrism > Scrimshaw of strength

Mainhand weapon: Drygore mace > Drygore rapier > Drygore longsword > Chaotics

Off-hand weapon: Off-hand drygore rapier > Off-hand drygore mace = Off-hand drygore longsword > Chaotics

Inventory shown: Overload flasks, prayer renewal flasks, super restore flasks, rocktails

Additional information: A pack yak or war tortoise familiar should be pre-summoned and filled with sharks or rocktails. If not using the torva set, the helm, gloves, and boots slots should be used to improve your ranged defence.

*All 5 torva items (helmet, body, legs, gloves, and boots) should ideally be worn to gain the torva set damage bonus.

PROVOKER

The provoker is essentially a warrior with a shield. At least one is REQUIRED to kill the kalphite king. This class is used to save the tank from the instant-death attack, meaning it is a highly risky job. The shield should be worn during the melee and ranged phases and an off-hand weapon switch used during the magic phase. Experienced provokers may use an off-hand weapon for the majority of the kill and only switch to their shield when needed. Seen below is a sample action bar for a provoker.

oI8dByh.png

PROVOKER SETUP

2i6Dhn3.png

Helm: Void melee helm* > Torva full helm** > Death lotus hood > Pernix cowl > Armadyl helmet > Barrows helmet

Body: Elite void knight top* > Torva platebody** > Tetsu body > Bandos chestplate > Barrows top

Legs: Elite void knight robe* > Torva platelegs* > Tetsu legs > Bandos tassets > Barrows legs

Gloves: Void knight gloves* > Torva gloves** > Culinaromancer's gloves 10

Boots: Torva boots** > Glaiven boots > Ragefire boots > Steadfast boots > Ganodermic boots > Dragon boots

Ring: Warrior ring (i) > Onyx ring (i) > Sixth-age circuit (Ring of vigour when using ultimate abilities)

Scrimshaw: Scrimshaw of vampyrism = Scrimshaw of strength

Shield: Chaotic kiteshield > Divine spirit shield > Blessed spirit shield > Bandos warshield

Inventory shown: Overload flasks, prayer renewal flasks, super restore flasks, adrenaline flasks, rocktails, healing aura scrolls, off-hand weapon switch.

Additional information: A unicorn stallion familiar should be pre-summoned and use of its healing prioritised. If not using the torva or void sets, the helm, gloves, and boots slots should be used to emphasise magic defence.

*All four void items (helmet, body, legs and gloves) must be worn to gain the void melee set effect

**All 5 torva items (helmet, body, legs, gloves, and boots) should ideally be worn to gain the torva set damage bonus.

WARRIOR

The easiest role is that of the warrior. The kalphite king should never target a warrior, meaning that the void armour set and dual drygore weapons can be used to increase damage. Seen below is a sample action bar for a warrior using dual drygore weapons. A warrior's action bar should include the freedom and anticipation abilities to escape from stuns, with the rest of the action bar dedicated to dealing maximum damage.

28jgqej.png

WARRIOR SETUP

cM7ysu1.png

Helm: Void melee helm* > Torva full helm** > Armadyl helmet = Bandos helmet = Ganodermic visor > Barrows helmet

Body: Elite void knight top* > Torva platebody** > Tetsu body > Bandos chestplate > Barrows top

Legs: Elite void knight robe* > Torva platelegs* > Tetsu legs > Bandos tassets > Barrows legs

Gloves: Void knight gloves* > Torva gloves** > Culinaromancer's gloves 10

Boots: Torva boots** > Glaiven boots > Ragefire boots > Steadfast boots > Ganodermic boots > Dragon boots

Ring: Warrior ring (i) > Onyx ring (i) > Sixth-age circuit

Scrimshaw: Scrimshaw of vampyrism = Scrimshaw of strength

Off-hand weapon: Off-hand drygore rapier > Off-hand drygore mace = Off-hand drygore longsword > Chaotics

Inventory shown: Overload flasks, prayer renewal flasks, super restore flasks, adrenaline flasks, rocktails, healing aura scrolls.

Additional information: A unicorn stallion familiar should be pre-summoned and use of it's healing prioritised. If not using the torva or void sets, the helm, gloves, and boots slots should be used to improve your weakest defence rating.

*All four void items (helmet, body, legs and gloves) must be worn to gain the void melee set effect

**All 5 torva items (helmet, body, legs, gloves, and boots) should ideally be worn to gain the full torva set damage bonus.

Requirements

There are no requirements, but we highly recommend having good equipment and armor. Level 70 equipment is likely the minimum, for Barrows, but lower levels may have some success. As always, we expect everyone to pull their weight.

There is a high chance of death, so attend at your own risk.

Friends Chat Ranks

• The Main host will be the Chat owner, or will have a Gold Star in the chat.
  • Silver stars are CO HOSTS.
  • Bronze Stars are other TMHT members.
  • Please note all three of these ranks will have the ability to kick members from chats, should we need to.
  • Players who wish to join the hunt can post on this thread, PM the host ingame, or join the chat before the event :) everyone will be added for coinshare so don't worry!
  • If you need assistance, feel free to Private message a Host/Co-host, or ask in the chat. All leaders are happy to help you with gear choices and inventory setups, should you be unsure of what to bring.

Hope to see you there!

899th to 120 attack! August 9, 2014~!

Wewt! I have time to get void. Bad news is I might not be able to go, as I have visitors coming to ee me. And papers to write. If I am on at 4pm I will be there thou. :razz:

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

For those of you in the UK, remember our current timezone is GMT+1, so the event starts at 21:00 (correct me if that's wrong).

I can be around to voke or tank if need be, I'm quite happy with either role.

While all of those setups are geared around drygore weapons, since they are intended for small teams, chaotic weapons would be fine too. Any tier 80 weapon should be sufficient, provided you wear the corresponding plate and legs, or the void set.

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

So tempting, but I finished my Kalphites task earlier. :sad:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Quite hard boss indeed, wouldn't dare to solo it! Died 9 times and saved 20 not so bad.. Anyway good hunting hope to see you all on the next event! Next time I'll try to watch out those magic balls ;).

Best regards, Hokus

hokuspokus.png

Do not lose heart, fight for even the smallest hope. Do not give quarter to the forces of evil. Pursuit kindness and embrace love.

We got an offhand rapier a few kills after you left...

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.