QBD Killing

Maxingmck

1) If you're still trying to improve, consider switching Titan to a Uni or even a Yak. Yes, Titan helps if going for best speeds, but its aid is so insignificant right now that you might as well skip over it while perfecting your kills.

2) Good touch with the Adrenaline potions :D It's a definite must for good speeds. So is stalling adrenaline between kills.

3) I can't really see your gear, but I'm guessing Drygore maces, Slayer helm and Bandos. Again, power armour is a must for speed kills, but while learning, consider barrows or other tank-class armour if you just need to survive.

4) Try to change your standing place one square to the left. This way, you're in the path of a fire wall opening, meaning you can avoid some damage, which is always nice. Do not ever bother avoiding them, this is a simple convenience, except, of course, for the forging fire during R4. Also, try to kill the Time freeze soul if you ever see one.

5) If you search around the forums (I'm too lazy to do that myself :?) you can find Q's ability rotation advice for stuff like this. It mostly goes 3 second basic, another basic, 3 second basic, another basic, 3 second basic, threshold, basics rotation, threshold, etc. Ultimates are generally not worth their cost, save Berserker, but even then, it's debatable. Your best threshold are Assault, Destroy and Flurry. The last one only applies in the following point.

6) Consider using Flurry with SS if you get a few Souls around you. It's free healing and they die pretty fast.

7) Again, if you just *need* to survive, Vampyrism aura / Superior Vampyrism scrimshaw. (Not sure if you have them, again, can't see your gear)

8) If just going for one kill / trip, all's fine. However, when you perfect and want to be a little more effective, you won't need as much food, but you'll need a lot more P pots / Super restores.

9) Not seen in this video, but generally speaking, I don't tend to avoid souls' special attack, unless it's simply a step to the right / left (Phase 2, when only 2 spawn). Otherwise, Flurry + SS deals with them + brings back a modest LP sum.

I think that's about it for general things. I'm sure someone like Xpx will pop in soon enough and give you more in depth advice :P

KOCairna.png

Kocairna.png

Kocairna.png

Kocairna.png

Kocairna.png

Use berserk on p4, that will ensure QBD dies fast on the most lethal phase.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

your kill is really slow if you have drygores. I can't tell from the video, it's probably a problem with your ability rotation though.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

From what I can see, you seem to be using Torva plate/legs due to the large shoulder pads and the greyish color

After looking at your video:

1. You drank Adrenaline far too early, AFAIK, adrenaline pots should have only have about 2 minute cooldown (if the actual cooldown is shorter than this, disregard the following statement), which means you should only have 1 opportunity to drink the potion per QBD. That means you should be drinking it only immediately after a berserk.

If you cannot get the kill below 2 minutes, then you should drink the pot after entering the chamber. from your video, you started the fight with absolutely no adrenaline, which meant that your adrenaline potion was a complete waste, despite your best efforts to delay the adrenaline drain

2. You are not using abilities nearly as much as you should be. You should be literally spamming abilities, which is something you are lacking in your video, as there is significant delay between your abilities.

3. You are using a farmiliar's ability, which means that you should, at the very least, assign your left click to the ability you are using, so you only have to left click the pet button, not a right click and left click. (Not to mention that your ability should be uninterrupted while doing that).

4. Use keyboard for all your abilities, never use the mouse. The mouse is for food (click on food, rather eating the actual mouse). I suggest binding the skills to QWER ASDF ZXCV keys so all your accessible abilities are under your hand.

To summarise:

A. You need more practice with abilities so that you are chaining one after the other. Theoretically you should never see your abilities off cooldown.

B. Reassign your keys so that every ability should be under your left hand, and then use ONLY the keyboard to use abilities, never with a mouse.

C. Drink Adrenaline potion immediately after casting berserk, and never before you enter the chamber.

A & B applies to outside QBD as well.

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

I prefer 12345 for basics 678 for adrenaline stalling and 90-= for threshholds and berserk. You should be consciously thinking about thresholds and ultis so I prefer to keep them separate from basics so I dont accidentally spam them

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

The keys I assigned also incorporates typing habits, so it's easy to get used to (Such as assigning Berserk to the Q key, which is seldomly used during normal typing).

I assign ZASDF as my basics (Z is my most seldomly used Decimate, I only use it when I run out of basics, which very rarely happens), WER as my thresholds and Q as my beserk.

I tend to spam the key for my next ability when the currently is still being used. I NEVER wait for my ability to finish CD to spam (Reaction time issues) so there is never an issue for me to 'accidentally' use something I shouldn't have.

anything further than 5TGB line on my keyboard I deem it far too far for my hand, so I generally do not ever use those keys during combat (not to mention that the = is far too close to the dreaded backspace key).

tim_chenw2.png

Someone needs to get on creating and bumping a thread to remove the "you don't have a target" and "ability is not ready" spam. I have one on the HLF, but I can't be bothered with a regular thread.

• Like 2

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Yeah I noticed the autoattack thing :P. It's not a bad thing to do with a 2h weapon, if you have plenty of adrenaline, but it's better to get tresholds, and dual wield autoattacks aren't as strong each as 2h.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Ok now my only problem is dying on wave 4 because the souls combo me and QBD uses the blue flame. How do i avoid those

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

kill phase 4 faster. It happens sometimes (I've had bluefire, souls, bluefire, souls within like 15 seconds) but on like 80% of kills I don't see either on phase 4. Zerker+Adren pots+assault is a really good combo and should pretty much kill her instantly. If you're not using tetsu, dodging blue flames is probably a good ideas as well.

DM0Yq2c.png

Unless you're using something with defense/lp as low as void you shouldn't have an issue with phase 4 souls spawning + super breath combo. I never use adrenaline pots or berserker and I rarely if ever saw them on phase 4 together, I just made sure that I had assault and destroy ready to go and 8/10 that finished the phase start to finish.

The biggest thing is not doing ability stacking with auto attacks, you should be using abilities every chance you get. Adrenaline pots with berserker will help you get faster kills but worry about those two being used in tandem after you incorporate more basic stuff mentioned above and feel comfortable with them.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword