Long time lurker returning to RS - what to do?

Lizi

Just recovered my Tip.it account for kicks and giggles. Went to my profile and I have 0 posts! I've actually been lurking the site for several years before I signed up.

Anyway, on topic: I'm returning to Runescape after a year of complete inactivity. I originally quit in March, 2012 on the day of the major graphical re-haul on armour/weapons. I came back a few months later long enough to finish my quest cape, and quit around this time last year. Since then EoC went full release, QBD was released, level 90 gear was released, and player-owned ports as well.

I have most skills to 80+ with the exception of Thieving (76), construction(74), and hunter(71). I have 9 skills at 99 or higher including Defence, Ranged, Magic, Constitution, Prayer, Herblore, Cooking, Firemaking, and Dungeoneering(100). I have enough gold to play around with the new tier (90) of gear.

Basically, what i'm asking is for some advice on what to do. If I just do things i'm used to, I think i'll get bored again and quit. I have 4 quests to do, so that will probably be my short term goal but after that i'm completely open-minded to what others say I should do.

Thanks guys!

~Lizi

Do not get Tier 90 Tectonic Armour. That is a complete waste of cash.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Moved to H&A.

btw - welcome back. :)

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

The tier 90 armour degrades to nothing, so it's not really worth getting except for solo Nex with seismic wand + orb.

I'd get started on Ports and quests, and then see if you can get the hang of combat at some of the easier bosses, say glacors and GWD. Nex isn't very hard either if you have a big team (5+).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Start ports now. Finish new quests that were released while you were gone. Continue working on 90+ all stats for max cape and port progression. Welcome back :)

Tg_Ibe.png

I'd like to add doing a bunch of task and trying slayer or dungeoneering to help understand the new combat system. Also, if you want, join us in HYT Friendchat (Serpent Eye) for support. That is, if we don't scare you off. Welcome back!

• Like 1

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Welcome back!

The new combat system is fairly easy to get the hang of, but if you're having some difficulty understanding how to use the new system, visit the Combat Academy in Lumbridge.

Over the past year, there have been numerous quests released and a few quests have been redone. Most new quests have been fully voiced over and I highly recommend you check out those quests as they're great fun.

As others have said in this thread, you should also check out Player Owned Ports. The ports are really fun and have some great rewards.

In my humble opinion, joining a clan adds a new social aspect to the game and generally makes the game more enjoyable. You can find a good clan to apply to in the clan recruitment forum here on TIF or you can browse the RuneScape Official Forums or even find a clan in-game!

Anyway, welcome back!

RSN: Canada Crow

85jcVSg.png

Professional Noob

"It's a known fact that you cannot lie on the internet." -Abraham Lincoln

"Time that you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" -John Lennon

I am not a Jagex Moderator

Qbd is an excellent source of cash (~3-4m/hr solo) and is pretty simple with level 90 gear. Might want to give that a try when you get the hang of combat.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Thanks for all the warm welcomes and advice! I'll get started on Ports, and i'll probably learn EoC combat while dungeoneering(almost 101!)

As others have said in this thread, you should also check out Player Owned Ports. The ports are really fun and have some great rewards.

In my humble opinion, joining a clan adds a new social aspect to the game and generally makes the game more enjoyable. You can find a good clan to apply to in the clan recruitment forum here on TIF or you can browse the RuneScape Official Forums or even find a clan in-game!

I've been in a clan for over 3 years, and I love them to death. :wink:

Slayer or basic PVM is the best way to get the hang of the new combat system and how armour works with regards the combat triangle. Start ports, and stick with it every day - not only is it fun, it will pay for itself at a later date!

If you're bothered about skilling, work your way towards 90+

Good luck! :-)

Some people like slaying a lot more post-EOC :)

Ports is very fun, especially when you first start doing it:

There are 6 adventurers in the ports, and each of they has a lvl 90 requirement to encounter them (Herblore, Prayer, Thieving, Slayer, Runecrafing and Fishing).

Byzantus.png