Summer Package: Road to Elf City

Urza285

An ancient spellbook altar? Isn't that pushing the lore a bit?

I wouldnt be surprised with an ancient altar considering the relation between seren and zaros. They both probably have overlapping ideals. Also because of their relation both peoples probably had some meshing of communities and culture.

Edit: im cutious about the motherlode crystals... with their rarity (roughly 1 every hour) i think they may be part of a commendation system. How cool would it be to use them to buy crystal blossoms, persuade elves to sell you weapon crystal seeds and othee things.

• Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Not really since both Zaros and Seren are ancient and we already voted for the new Seren spells and 'blessings' to be added to the existing ancient magic and curses books - so though not necessarily at launch there will be Seren content in the books that is being allowed to switch in her city.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Not really since both Zaros and Seren are ancient and we already voted for the new Seren spells and 'blessings' to be added to the existing ancient magic and curses books - so though not necessarily at launch there will be Seren content in the books that is being allowed to switch in her city.

It still feels like a stretch in spite of that, though, like they're trying too hard to make it a 'hub' that replaces the rest of the game world rather than fits comfortably inside it.

• Like 1

It still feels like a stretch in spite of that, though, like they're trying too hard to make it a 'hub' that replaces the rest of the game world rather than fits comfortably inside it.
Yeah i get that too and i think its not too bad considering some of the major functionality has to be paid for (portals to skilling locations and pvm locations).

I think jagex goal is to create a hub city that is worthy to attract everyone. But i think their undertone is to create the 'last bastion of hope' for high levels.

What they need to do for a great ninja update is use the lumbridge crater instancing for burthorpe and the elf city. I think using divine locations is great, but no one can survive the onslaught of w48 burthorpe at 12 gmt midnight. They should have the system do population checks every minute to smooth things over

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I imagine that even though Seren and Zaros drifted apart over the hundreds of years, they probably kept some kind of memento with them.

to me, it's roughly the same as converting the white knight altar to zaros without anybody noticing, except seren actually does have an excuse

8f14270694.jpg

Waaaaaaah Jagex isn't giving me what I want when I want it

If you're so negative about the elf city, what makes you think invention isn't going to be another useless money sink like smithing, crafting, farming , construction and fletching have been for years? If the silly steampunk/magitek trinkets are as useful as divination rewards, I'm sure it will be sooo useful and make 10m per hour.  :rolleyes:

I just need to add all the amulets and rings together so I can have one good ring maynnnn

or my fire imbued drygore

x'D Ah who am I kidding

not about the skill, about the rewards, city is only xp

yawn, portables from inve... th are better

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

I imagine that even though Seren and Zaros drifted apart over the hundreds of years, they probably kept some kind of memento with them.

to me, it's roughly the same as converting the white knight altar to zaros without anybody noticing, except seren actually does have an excuse

Try tens of thousands of years XD

And I don't think its the same at all to the white knight really, in lore terms.

After all thinking in lore terms 'ancient' referring to Zaros stuff is because his Empire crumbled at the end of the 2nd Age which is a solid 5k or so years ago.

For Seren and the elves there is no converting or anything special about it being 'ancient' because their civilisation has stood where it is and survived since the early 1st Age which is close to 10k years ago.

What to us is 'ancient' content is just a normal part of their civilisation, which predates human civilisation by a long shot (since we were largely tribal in 1st and 2nd ages (aside from those caught up in the Zarosian empire), consumed by war in the 3rd and only exerted dominance and constructed civilisations in the 4th)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Waaaaaaah Jagex isn't giving me what I want when I want it

If you're so negative about the elf city, what makes you think invention isn't going to be another useless money sink like smithing, crafting, farming , construction and fletching have been for years? If the silly steampunk/magitek trinkets are as useful as divination rewards, I'm sure it will be sooo useful and make 10m per hour.  :rolleyes:

I just need to add all the amulets and rings together so I can have one good ring maynnnn

One ring to rule them all ...? :unsure:

• Like 1

nyuseg.png