Summer Package: Road to Elf City

Urza285

Spend Summer in RuneScape on the Road to Elf City

Get your hands on an exclusive Summer Special membership package today. Save yourself over 25% on 3 months' membership and get an XP-boosting aura and amulet to help prepare for the Elf City launch!

Enlightenment Aura Summer Aura Enlightenment Aura

The Enlightenment Aura grants you a double XP boost for 2 hours every week throughout June, July and August! Even once summer's over, the aura's yours forever - and as long as you're a member in future summers, you'll get the same bonus then.

You'll also get the Crystal Amulet: an elven artefact that gives you daily XP towards the skills required for the Elf City. It'll also let you collect elven resources before the gates of Prifddinas open. Visit the wiki for details of how the amulet works.

Note that Gold Premier Club members and those of you who've held 12 consecutive months of membership - as of today - will get the aura and amulet automatically, at no additional cost. If you don't have them right away, don't worry - we'll be adding them for everyone shortly.

Get your Summer Special membership now - at over 25% discount, or just 5 Bonds - and be ready as soon as summer starts!

Your RuneScape Summer

The Summer Special's a great way to get access to all our members' content - including these amazing updates, coming in the summer months:

The Mighty Fall Quest

Bandos is dead, but who will step up to command his forces? Take your place in a bloody tournament to determine who lives and who dies!

New Combat Boss

Battle an arachnid menace alone or in pairs and claim level-90 two-handed weapons!

Elf City Quest

Finish the Mourning's End series with this Grandmaster quest, and herald the opening of Prifddinas itself.

Combat 2014

Special Attacks and 138 combat are coming back, and you'll also get your hands on the Legacy Mode Beta!

Barbarian Assault Revamp and Penance King

This mighty minigame is getting a graphical overhaul, better rewards, a new hard mode, and the dreaded Penance King!

Skillchompas

Who doesn’t love exploding vermin? Especially when they bring explosive rewards. Hunt your skillchompas and throw them at Divination, Fishing, Mining and Woodcutting spots to earn XP!

Plus a whole lot more...

On top of all this, you can also look forward to Twitch TV integration, some very royal rhinos, Pest Control improvements, and plenty of community fun.

Finally, this autumn, the city you've been waiting for finally opens its gates. Eight districts, a brand new Grand Exchange, and more crystal gear than you can shake a staff at will be yours to enjoy! Battle, quest, and skill your way through this summer to reach your final destination: Prifddinas, the Elf City!

Have Fun!

Remember, your membership package is available to purchase from 28th May but your items will not be usable until 1st June . Any further questions? Take a look at our FAQ.

Enjoy, and have a great summer!

The RuneScape Team

There are 95 days running up to the release. That is a potential 2,941,827 bonus experience gained.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Seems like we will have even more bonus xp coming into the game then. Well, I won't complain, I still got quite a bit to go to maxing. Though I at the same time very well understand those who complain on this becoming 'bonus xp-scape'. Maybe they are overdoing it...

On another note; What is Graador doing on that picture :O ? Totally irrelevant.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Seems like we will have even more bonus xp coming into the game then. Well, I won't complain, I still got quite a bit to go to maxing. Though I at the same time very well understand those who complain on this becoming 'bonus xp-scape'. Maybe they are overdoing it...

On another note; What is Graador doing on that picture :o ? Totally irrelevant.

Probably related to "The Mighty Fall" quest thats coming out

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

So glad you people voted for elf city.

What a memorable 15 minutes of "oh look it's a new city" experience this is going to be.

"Is this where Mr. and Ms. Spock lay their pointy eared heads?". Absolutely priceless. 

Definitely worth deep-sixing invention because you know divination works about as well as fishing without cooking or wood cutting without fletching.

• Like 1

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

What a memorable 15 minutes of "oh look it's a new city" experience this is going to be.

"Is this where Mr. and Ms. Spock lay their pointy eared heads?". Absolutely priceless.

Definitely worth deep-sixing invention because you know divination works about as well as fishing without cooking or wood cutting without fletching.

I'm glad you agree with the majority and see that the Elf City deserved priority over Invention.

• Like 3
Sylpheed.png

Ooh, look, they explained what those items are for, yay!

That is going to be a massive amount of bonus xp and doubled xp time. Wow. And no wonder we were all confused about the conditions required to get those two items; I was guessing it was something semi-complicated. I'm quite happy they gave it to those who've been members for the past year in addition to the special package buyers - I never buy the packages because I still pay my old $5 a month and don't want to pay more, even if I get special stuff for it, but getting left out of this would've been frustrating.

Also... yeah, I'm way more excited about the elf city than I ever will be about Invention. We'll have both soon enough anyway.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

If you've even taken a bit of interest in looking into the design documents for the new Elf City then you wouldn't be sarcastically saying it'll be "worth deep-sixing." The city is much longer overdue in the first place, plus if you look into the content that it'll have... For a majority of players it'll be some place they never leave. I know that you'll have a hard time finding me outside of the city for much other than slayer tasks, and a few other random things. Other than that I will be one of many who spends a lot of time in the city.

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

Regicide was released in 2004. We've been waiting for Prifddinas for a decade. I think it's time we finally get that, don't you? The ham fisted money sink grind fest can wait.

• Like 1

Regicide was released in 2004. We've been waiting for Prifddinas for a decade. I think it's time we finally get that, don't you? The ham fisted money sink grind fest can wait.

On top of the fact they are making the elf city the most highly anticipated piece of content. They are ensuring its authority as the highest grade content even before its release.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I've missed your posts.

• Like 4

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

How dignified of a response when your opinions isn't the majority.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

New afk spots with fancy graphics are always the bomb.

Let's hope they put an outlet for the grand exchange in there along with some more of those cave goblin town minigames.

Nothing like making sweet coin (singular not plural) trading unstackable junk with the cave goblins.

Maybe we can even run around fixing elf light bulbs with special elf filaments that can only be stolen from the pockets of a elf hermit who dwells in a cave on the ass end of the forest miles from a bank.

Also, if the cave was surrounded by poisoned pit traps, then that would be just epic.

P.S. You know you are going to be able to get sweet Spock outfits at Solomon's on release day. I promise.

• Like 2

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I know that you'll have a hard time finding me outside of the city for much other than slayer tasks

And you can do some of those inside the city too!

• Like 1

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Let's hope they put an outlet for the grand exchange in there along with some more of those cave goblin town minigames.

Nothing like making sweet coin (singular not plural) trading unstackable junk with the cave goblins.

Maybe we can even run around fixing elf light bulbs with special elf filaments that can only be stolen from the pockets of a elf hermit who dwells in a cave on the ass end of the forest miles from a bank.

Also, if the cave was surrounded by poisoned pit traps, then that would be just epic.

P.S. You know you are going to be able to get sweet Spock outfits at Solomon's on release day. I promise.

So new training methods are apparently bad now?

Does that argument not entirely undermine your case for invention being better? Seeing as invention would be almost entirely training methods.

Elf city has training methods, quest, tasks, lore and social content.

But I mean of course a new higher tier slayer master for better assignments has no use at all.

A pvm portal hub? pfft what use could that be to everyone who loves pvming?

New farming plots to speed farming up, along with 2 new trees? What a waste!

New top end mining content? What a joke!

And that's just the tip of the iceberg of what we categorically know elf city is bringing.

I mean all that new content filling out the dead spots and empty top end of at least 16 existing skills is such an utter unadulterated waste! Clearly it'd be much better to have another new, sparsely populated skill to join the queue of needing top end content and clearly instead of the finale of one of the most popular and long awaited quests series it'd be much better to have use all bank standing doing an artisans skill. I mean all it'll be is smithing/fletching/cooking/crafting with a new cosmetic look to it. Ps. you know you'll be getting Inventors xp boosting outfit promo on TH on the weekend of launch, along with an assortment of teleports and such in Solomans.

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

This isn't exactly rocket science but it seems to need to be pointed out

The Elf City: lived in by Elves

Vulcan (planet(: lived on by the Vulcans

Now whilst we can appreciate that the two both have pointy ears, they are not, I repeat, not, the same thing.

This is Runescape with Elves, that is Star Trek with Vulcans.

THEY ARE NOT THE SAME AT ALL.

9940ec5c74.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spock

Where on that picture does it say Elf/Elve/any conjugation of the world Elf?

Try searching Vulcan on RSWIKi and all you will get is this dude: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Vulcan who has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with Star Trek or Elves.

tl;dr drop the mr Spock crap

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

On top of the fact they are making the elf city the most highly anticipated piece of content. They are ensuring its authority as the highest grade content even before its release.

...It still kind of strikes me as nostalgia pandering though, like they've shoved everything aside to make room for a dead storyline. Nor can I say I'm a fan of the whole "you will never have to leave this city" thing that they have going on.

...It still kind of strikes me as nostalgia pandering though, like they've shoved everything aside to make room for a dead storyline. Nor can I say I'm a fan of the whole "you will never have to leave this city" thing that they have going on.

I agree on the point of nostalgia. However, would you rather them just leave it as it is and not pay any attention to it? I feel that the need for closure (of a sort for the storyline) outweighs the sense of nostalgia in this case. As for never leaving the city... If it's got pretty enough graphics i might not mind. :p I guess I'll just leave that opinion for when its actually rolled out.

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

All I'm getting from these posts is that you're a huge Star Trek fan.
Sylpheed.png

someone hasn't even read the design docs by the look of it

You can't expect too much when half their arguments of why it is bad just as equally apply to the other option and are thereby entirely redundant points.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I've missed your posts.

Me too. Albeit much in the same way I miss chewing tinfoil and shaving my legs with a cheese grater ...  :rolleyes:

nyuseg.png