Summer Package: Road to Elf City

Urza285

100m says elf city will be dead content within 1 week. other than comp capes dancing at the new ge

Wager accepted.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Seems like a safe bet with the 32 rounds of 32 rocks for trim req and 2 halves of the city being released in sept and nov it seems near impossible for the city to die in a week.

Not to mention the pvm portal options will no doubt make it quite the hub for people heading out to pvm, and if the mining xp pans out as explained it ought to become the new LRC for mining.

And of course the new highest slayer master will keep a steady flow of people coming through, not to mention the 6 new farming patches being added to many optimum farming routes.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Trim reqs definitely revitalized castle wars on the high level world.

Absolutely amazing how many sleepers and game fixers can be stacked in one game.

Every update should have trim reqs, they only bring out the best in the community.

As for these blessed training spots.

Let me give you the real low down, not Jagex propaganda.

Cooking: They will add a windmill and wheat field next door and maybe on the other side of town there will be an oven. Mmmm bread.

Farming: I hear livid farms could be revitalized if it moved to Spock's neighborhood. Make it so.

Fishing: Already there, look in the river.

Hunter: Aready there, see grenwalls. 

Slayer: Already there, see elf tasks or as I fondly put them spock tasks. Oh I know, they said new. Well that's what a graphical makeover part is for. New face = New monster. See leprechauns. (You can choose any of the 3 times they remade them.) 

Combat Skills: These Spocks got combat evolved. I sure hope you got Revolutions.* (*-trademark of Jagex Limited Corp).

Woodcutting: I think we all know that they are going to add A magic tree and one of those crystal things that I can't be assed to check out.

Dungeoneering: Not in this realm pal. That minigame is only to be played at damonheim.

Agility: Man I know there is going to be a stream or river in the middle of this city and you have to walk on a log to get across. I can feel it! Awesome xp incoming.

Mining: Already there, see addy rocks

Portals: A lodestone and a house portal. A house portal goes everywhere assuming you bothered to build the rooms and put them next to the entrance. *wink wink*. Hey, it's cheaper than tying to pick up house tablets. Big plus in my book. And if you are a big dreamer like me, then believe in the power of a fairy portal being moved nearby. Maybe you only have to traverse one of them stick trap things...

Hey you know, I'm slowly beginning to change my mind on this elf city stuff the more I think about it.

And hey I got 6 whole months to come around. (Actually probably more see jagex disclaimer at the bottom of every BTS)  Awesome.

Invention 2 years to this day.

Mark the calender. 

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I believe the intent of the bonus exp is to get more users to the point where they can participate in this content, so there's that.

Also, seriously, what the hell people, I think Runescape's community has proven pretty well that majority opinion isn't flawless, let's not rely on that as if that is proof of anything.

As a silver lining, they're probably not going to balance any of the content for whatever bonuses we'll get from inventing, so for a good couple days after that gets released, we'll have a sweet spot where everything will be easy until they either nerf invention to the point where it's specifically useless for this stuff because everybody is clutching their pearls too hard from the change, or just disable all of the benefits from it from ever scaring us ever again like herblore, and we'll have another useless skill anyway, because making skill content after other existing content is the best way to develop anything and will not result in massive cluster[bleep]s that invalidate everything about the game.

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

@^: Clearly, you're angry for the sake of being angry and have nothing real to contribute here. So glad you stopped by.

I'm excited about the improved gem rocks; I've always wanted to like gem rocks but they never really were worth using.

Having an anvil and furnace in the same place hasn't been done before, has it?

Expanding the god statues D&D will be nice, of course.

I'm not sure how I feel about allowing a third spirit tree without introducing any new patches; I rather liked the element of choice that required.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

I hope, just hope, that the "pvm portal" requires you to feed it money in order to use it. No "set it and exploit it" like poh portals.

10m to put it pointing at gwd, 1m every other day to use it.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I hope, just hope, that the "pvm portal" requires you to feed it money in order to use it. No "set it and exploit it" like poh portals.

It seemed like set it and forget it when they described it. I'm fine with that, honestly.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Only DKs are really annoying to get to, no need to charge out the ass to save a minute or two. It's a fair reward for maxing.

Absolutely amazing how many sleepers and game fixers can be stacked in one game.

Every update should have trim reqs, they only bring out the best in the community.

Cooking: They will add a windmill and wheat field next door and maybe on the other side of town there will be an oven. Mmmm bread.

Farming: I hear livid farms could be revitalized if it moved to Spock's neighborhood. Make it so.

Slayer: Already there, see elf tasks or as I fondly put them spock tasks. Oh I know, they said new. Well that's what a graphical makeover part is for. New face = New monster. See leprechauns. (You can choose any of the 3 times they remade them.)

Combat Skills: These Spocks got combat evolved. I sure hope you got Revolutions.* (*-trademark of Jagex Limited Corp).

Woodcutting: I think we all know that they are going to add A magic tree and one of those crystal things that I can't be assed to check out.

Dungeoneering: Not in this realm pal. That minigame is only to be played at damonheim.

Agility: Man I know there is going to be a stream or river in the middle of this city and you have to walk on a log to get across. I can feel it! Awesome xp incoming.

Portals: A lodestone and a house portal. A house portal goes everywhere assuming you bothered to build the rooms and put them next to the entrance. *wink wink*. Hey, it's cheaper than tying to pick up house tablets. Big plus in my book. And if you are a big dreamer like me, then believe in the power of a fairy portal being moved nearby. Maybe you only have to traverse one of them stick trap things...

Hey you know, I'm slowly beginning to change my mind on this elf city stuff the more I think about it.

And hey I got 6 whole months to come around. (Actually probably more see jagex disclaimer at the bottom of every BTS) Awesome.

Mark the calender.

Really poor troll attempt.

0/10 would not read again.

• Like 2
Sylpheed.png

Portals: A lodestone and a house portal. A house portal goes everywhere assuming you bothered to build the rooms and put them next to the entrance. *wink wink*. Hey, it's cheaper than tying to pick up house tablets. Big plus in my book. And if you are a big dreamer like me, then believe in the power of a fairy portal being moved nearby. Maybe you only have to traverse one of them stick trap things...

And hey I got 6 whole months to come around. (Actually probably more see jagex disclaimer at the bottom of every BTS)  Awesome.

Mark the calender. 

If invention coming 2 years from now is how long you have to wait then I think compared to the wait of the Elf city people you should rejoice, sir.

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

Waaaaaaah Jagex isn't giving me what I want when I want it

If you're so negative about the elf city, what makes you think invention isn't going to be another useless money sink like smithing, crafting, farming , construction and fletching have been for years? If the silly steampunk/magitek trinkets are as useful as divination rewards, I'm sure it will be sooo useful and make 10m per hour.  :rolleyes:

Divination already had a major role without a secondary skill anyways. Different aspects of it are either extremely useful for the average player or have a place in the "metagame"

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Portals: A lodestone and a house portal. A house portal goes everywhere assuming you bothered to build the rooms and put them next to the entrance. *wink wink*. Hey, it's cheaper than tying to pick up house tablets. Big plus in my book. And if you are a big dreamer like me, then believe in the power of a fairy portal being moved nearby. Maybe you only have to traverse one of them stick trap things...

And hey I got 6 whole months to come around. (Actually probably more see jagex disclaimer at the bottom of every BTS) Awesome.

Mark the calender.

If invention coming 2 years from now is how long you have to wait then I think compared to the wait of the Elf city people you should rejoice, sir.
Yeah! From now on, nobody is allowed to complain about things being delayed multiple times, because none of them had you wait as long as the elf city did! :D

Feedback/Changes from Osbourne on the latest document:

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?16,17,241,65382312

Hey everyone,

It's a little late, but please find the confirmed changes that we are planning to make to Iorwerth and Cadarn, based on your feedback. Let me know what you think, and thanks for all the stuff you keep sending us.

Iorwerth:

• Amendments have been made to the elf slayer master’s monster list, looking at data and gen-eral feedback from the forums. We need to make sure this is the minimum total number of crea-tures, since players will be blocking and preferring a number of creatures. Creatures that have been added to the list from the last design document are in bold, those that have been re-moved are in italics.

Abyssal demons

Airut

Aquanites (kept, as these can be toggled on or off)

Aviansies

Black demons

Black dragons

Celestial dragons (oversight from the original list)

Cres’s Automatons

Dagannoth (for those who like fighting the Kings)

Dark beasts

Desert strykewyrms

Elf City elves

Ganodermic creatures

Greater demons (kept, as many players choose to fight K’ril)

Grotworms

Ice strykewyrms

Iron dragons

Kal'gerion demons (oversight from the original list)

Kalphites

Mithril dragons

Muspah

Mutated jadinkos

Nechryael (oversight from the original list)

Nihil

Order of Ascension members

Steel dragons

TzHaar (we are looking at the possibility of making TokHaar into TzHaar for the purpose of slayer)

Vyrewatch (for those who like fighting the lords and ladies)

Waterfiends

Plus a new monster, to be revealed in future design documents

Removed:

Aberrant spectres

Bloodvelds

Blue dragons

Fire giants

Gargoyles

Hellhounds

Jungle strykewyrms

• There were requests for some creatures – glacors included – to be added as slayer targets. This is being looked at as a separate project. When/if those creatures are added, we will include them for the elf slayer master

• The Slayer Dungeon D&D will be broken down into bronze (level 85), silver (level 90) and gold (level 95) challenges with increasing rewards and difficulty of creature

• Four title rewards will be added to the Slayer Dungeon D&D, including a ‘Slayer Master’ title

• The Slayer Dungeon’s focus will escalate in difficulty as you progress through the waves

• The elf crystal chest will have an alternate drop table, designed to be equal in value to the Taver-ley drop table, but with a focus on elf items. Players will choose between the two chests. This changed drop table will be implemented with Batch 2 of the city,

Cadarn:

• We are not planning to increase the number of battlestaves purchasable from the Elf City, as an Elf City task set will improve this number

• A fountain in the Cadarn area will recharge the player’s dragonstone jewellery.

• There will be an Ancient spellbook and prayer\curse swap in the Cadarn area

• There will be a ranged/magic buffing altar in the area, as a choice/counterpoint to the Iorwerth melee-boosting altar

• There will be a portal in the Max Guild garden. This portal will offer the player teleports to hard-to-reach skill locations depending on how many 99s they have. Teleport locations will include the high-level RuneSpan and your highest level of Divination colony.

• Maygan will be changed to a more suitable elven name (we considered Maxine as many of you suggested, but it’s just not very elven)

• The shattered heart statue will be moved to the garden, and not the Max Guild itself. This will be visible even to those who do not have a 99.

• Skillcapes will be purchasable, but only if the player has bought the skillcape before. Master skill-capes will also be available from the Max Guild garden, as long as the player has already bought the 99 version of that cape.

• The cost of the completionist cape was an error in the document. It should have been 5,000,000. Regardless, the completionist cape will not be available for purchase in the Max Guild.

• Both the completionist cape and max cape will offer teleports to the Max Guild. The max cape will teleport to the Max Guild garden

• The Ninja Team are looking at removing the requirement of having two players to access the Dagannoth Kings.

• A trimmed completionist player will have additional effects, over and above completionist ca-pers, if they sit in the throne

• A loom will be added next to the spinning wheel

• The combat NPCs will have a chance of dropping crystal weaponry for you to use. This was not clear in the design document

• It wasn’t clear in the design document that you will be less likely to fail when pickpocketing in the Elf City. It also wasn’t clear that there will be no point (at least, it is very unlikely) where you can-not pickpocket from anyone.

• The crystal bow and crystal shield in the concept are new models that will replace the existing bows and shields. This was unclear.

• The halberd in the concept art will replace the ones held by the elves ingame currently

• Like 1

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Thank you for posted this Ambler, I updated my first post in the thread about the design documents.

I see this is starting to confuse people. Perhaps a merge is needed for a single topic about Elf City.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I might suggest that people interested in the Elf City take time to listen to the RuneRadio podcasts, which tend to discuss these changes more in-depth.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

I might suggest that people interested in the Elf City take time to listen to the RuneRadio podcasts, which tend to discuss these changes more in-depth.

Except, I am hearing impaired =C.

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

Thank you for posted this Ambler, I updated my first post in the thread about the design documents.

I see this is starting to confuse people. Perhaps a merge is needed for a single topic about Elf City.

That or we try tweak the title to move away from elves and get this topic on track to be about the summer promo package and content preview shabang opposed to the city itself.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

That or we try tweak the title to move away from elves and get this topic on track to be about the summer promo package and content preview shabang opposed to the city itself.

Good idea.

Requestion to see the topic title be changed to:

Summer Package: Road to Elf City.

Account Help

Good idea.

Requestion to see the topic title be changed to:

Summer Package: Road to Elf City.

I agree... I'll change it.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Mark the calender. 

tl/dr wrctf*

(*would rather chew tinfoil) 

nyuseg.png