red masks

Lode

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the market is just correcting itself. Not only were masks undervalued, with the recent great price increase of PHats in the past couple months, some people may be moving to more realistic goals of owning masks instead of PHats, so the demand has increased.

Why it is happenning so suddennly is strange though...

100m for a mask set soon? I think so. :)

I've seen one going for 70M, but I'm not sure if it was serious :D

Runescape: Lodev (Combat level been fixed at 101 for years now, Total level 1500+, playing since march 2002)

Arenascape: Lode (Level 240+ Warlock)

100m for a mask set soon? I think so. :)

I've seen one going for 70M, but I'm not sure if it was serious :D

Sounds unlikely, the top they reached was slightly above 30m ;).

look, you people need to learn a few things, stop playing the markets so much, the market will play you.

Da truth. It has a tendancy of causing "fetal positions" if u misread the market. But on the other hand there is no greater joy then making money of ur "fellow merchant".

It has nothing to do with bannings lol....

Red masks were declining while the phats were sky rocketing and blue doubling from 100 mil to almost 200 mil.... Now phat prices are starting to level off with growing...

So merchanters are now going at masks and santas...which are steadily rising now because of the *competition*

minisigdz6.png

Runescape Dinasty Moderator

just holding your rares ad infinitum doesn't make much sense. if you hold on them for years, you missed a great opportunity to make some gold pieces. true: ultimately rares go up, but their value will always fluctuate.

in november or december last year i noticed that masks were far below the price of what they were when i first looked on the rares market. every child could see, that that was just due the halloween drop. since i had enough money back then i bought a red 5.9m, wich seemed to be a fairly low price. two or three days ago i sold for 14m. if i'm not completly wrong, masks are on a peek atm and will drop a little in the future (no idea how much). when i think they reached a low i'll buy one again. (hopefully for like 10m), then i'll wait until the next peek and so on.

just holding your rares ad infinitum doesn't make much sense. if you hold on them for years, you missed a great opportunity to make some gold pieces. true: ultimately rares go up, but their value will always fluctuate.

in november or december last year i noticed that masks were far below the price of what they were when i first looked on the rares market. every child could see, that that was just due the halloween drop. since i had enough money back then i bought a red 5.9m, wich seemed to be a fairly low price. two or three days ago i sold for 14m. if i'm not completly wrong, masks are on a peek atm and will drop a little in the future (no idea how much). when i think they reached a low i'll buy one again. (hopefully for like 10m), then i'll wait until the next peek and so on.

I do not want to take that risk, at the risk to lose the opportunity to ever wear a mask again.

Runescape: Lodev (Combat level been fixed at 101 for years now, Total level 1500+, playing since march 2002)

Arenascape: Lode (Level 240+ Warlock)

I sold my blue 4 hours ago for 8.6m, and now they are going for 10.5m+

:cry:

I'll just be in the corner, in the fetal possision....

Dude, I know how you feel. I bought 5 santas for 500k, then I sold 4 the next day for 800k ea. A week later, they were 2m+! It was so depressing...

loldruidym0.jpg

If you guys haven't noticed...around the last few holidays, the prices of the according rare went way down, and then a few months after, the prices rise at a somewhat considerable rate...at least that's the pattern I've been noticing.

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

I do not want to take that risk, at the risk to lose the opportunity to ever wear a mask again.

I'd have to agree with Lode, when I was merching masks with 11 mil on me, I always had to buy a mask before I logged out for the day so I could be secure that they didn't inflate loads. Having masks on you instead of cash is more safe I think, but it's still like a bet. Cash will always be the same, but a mask's value will always change.

Red masks are like 15m in f2p now. I dont think it was because of the ban, i just think its because of noobs raising prices.

If you sold yours and regret it: dont worry, they will go back down

If you already have one and want to sell to make profit: I recommend selling it within a week.

If you bought one for 15m: HAHA!.

lol :D

I sold my blue 4 hours ago for 8.6m, and now they are going for 10.5m+

:cry:

I'll just be in the corner, in the fetal possision....

Dude, I know how you feel. I bought 5 santas for 500k, then I sold 4 the next day for 800k ea. A week later, they were 2m+! It was so depressing...

I sold my three Santas for 650K each last year..or 2004..im so sad :oops:

now theyre what? 8 million? :(