Maybe it's time I take a break from this community for at least a couple of months.

(EDIT: I decided to stay, I overreacted and that's because this has been the worst April Fools Day for me yet.)

I have realized now more than ever that nobody was really being serious when they said they liked me. They were just saying that because they apparently like my stupidity.

I'm not allowed to have a different opinion, or mindset. If I dare saying something that most don't agree with, people mock me for it.

Recently I said I don't like degradable weapons, and people bashed me for that. That's the problem, I can't disagree since everything is apparently a fact if it's not coming from me, and I hate that mindset.

And I'm not taking it anymore to be nothing more than a mockery.

I will still keep on posting in my blog every time I'm done killing a group of monsters and in the RuneScape videos thread every time I make a new video, and that's it.

When I do that Mourning's Ends Part II, I'm not sure how I can get help, I can't do it here as I know people will most likely mock me.

You don't have to leave...

What other choice do I have? Nobody in this community really likes me.

It's obvious, people are talking about how stupid I am behind my back. Do you really think I can just accept that?

I really am afraid to speak my mind because of this.

I dunno, not everyone is a complete arse. People talk about me because of my way of playing RS sometimes. Some stranger even made a screenshot of me in game and posted it on Reddit to take the piss out of my slaying methods :P

You don't need to be afraid to speak your mind, ask for advice when you need it.

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

Well look man, it goes like this:

-You ask for help with how to do X

-Someone gives you suggestion Y as to how you do X 

-You say you don't like suggestion Y for reason Z

-People try to explain why reason Z is flawed and why Y is indeed a good idea. They're trying to convince you otherwise for your benefit. No one on TIF gets money or any other incentive if you want to use your dragon battleaxe over a drygore longsword or whatever else. The fact that someone from this community even decided to gift you a full set of Bandos just the other day should reaffirm this.

-You decide you would like to do X anyway, which is perfectly within your right.

It's perfectly fine if that's what you want to do. You can play the game however you want and while people may not agree with it, but that's up to them.

However, when you start arguing with them and telling them or implying that their advice is wrong...I don't know how to say it, but that's not exactly a good way to get popularity with most people. You have to figure that if half of the forum is advising you do something, it's probably worth a try. And if it isn't something you want to do, I advise you just say thank you and stop responding. If you want a thread closed (locked) you can always PM me or another moderator, or send it through the report system. I agree that your last thread got a little off tangent, but please realize people are only trying to help. And in addition, we are all only human and sometimes run a little low on patience, even when we shouldn't.

Overall I wouldn't really worry about people making fun, because everyone gets made fun of one place or the other. I'm sure they make fun of me behind my back somewhere :P.

For the record I've always strived to treat you and everyone else with respect and do the best I can to answer questions/give good advice to the extent that I can. I am sorry if I came across as too overbearing. As for Mourning's End Part II, as several people said on a thread you made, it is very likely that you will need a guide to complete it, or have quite a time doing it solo without any outside help. I haven't personally done it, so I probably one be able to help, but my recommendation is this: try it first, by yourself if you want, then look up RuneScape Wiki's and our quest guide if you get stuck. And if you're still stuck on something, then post and ask for help on that specific part. I don't think that anyone will judge you for that.

• Like 5

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Well look man, it goes like this:

-You ask for help with how to do X

-Someone gives you suggestion Y as to how you do X 

-You say you don't like suggestion Y for reason Z

-People try to explain why reason Z is flawed and why Y is indeed a good idea. They're trying to convince you otherwise for your benefit. No one on TIF gets money or any other incentive if you want to use your dragon battleaxe over a drygore longsword or whatever else. The fact that someone from this community even decided to gift you a full set of Bandos just the other day should reaffirm this.

-You decide you would like to do X anyway, which is perfectly within your right.

It's perfectly fine if that's what you want to do. You can play the game however you want and while people may not agree with it, but that's up to them.

However, when you start arguing with them and telling them or implying that their advice is wrong...I don't know how to say it, but that's not exactly a good way to get popularity with most people. You have to figure that if half of the forum is advising you do something, it's probably worth a try. And if it isn't something you want to do, I advise you just say thank you and stop responding. If you want a thread closed (locked) you can always PM me or another moderator, or send it through the report system. I agree that your last thread got a little off tangent, but please realize people are only trying to help. And in addition, we are all only human and sometimes run a little low on patience, even when we shouldn't.

Overall I wouldn't really worry about people making fun, because everyone gets made fun of one place or the other. I'm sure they make fun of me behind my back somewhere :P.

For the record I've always strived to treat you and everyone else with respect and do the best I can to answer questions/give good advice to the extent that I can. I am sorry if I came across as too overbearing. As for Mourning's End Part II, as several people said on a thread you made, it is very likely that you will need a guide to complete it, or have quite a time doing it solo without any outside help. I haven't personally done it, so I probably one be able to help, but my recommendation is this: try it first, by yourself if you want, then look up RuneScape Wiki's and our quest guide if you get stuck. And if you're still stuck on something, then post and ask for help on that specific part. I don't think that anyone will judge you for that.

You're right, maybe I'm overreacting. But I still feel like nobody actually thinks I'm a good player.

And the thing about it that bothers me most is the fact that NOBODY is getting as much bashing on this message board as I am.

In some cases I deserve it when I say something stupid.

But when I simply say that I don't agree with something, I shouldn't be forced to change my mindset.

You're right, maybe I'm overreacting. But I still feel like nobody actually thinks I'm a good player.

And the thing about it that bothers me most is the fact that NOBODY is getting as much bashing on this message board as I am.

But when I simply say that I don't agree with something, I shouldn't be forced to change my mindset.

Nobody thinks i'm a good player either, it's fine :) I don't tend to make a lot of threads though so I don't too many bashing.

But anyway it's your own mind, nobody is forcing you to change your mindset. Play how you like to play. It's only that people are giving you suggestions when you create a topic about something, if you don't want to take them then it's fine.

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

Nobody thinks i'm a good player either, it's fine :) I don't tend to make a lot of threads though so I don't too many bashing.

But anyway it's your own mind, nobody is forcing you to change your mindset. Play how you like to play. It's only that people are giving you suggestions when you create a topic about something, if you don't want to take them then it's fine.

Are you sure no one is forcing me? Because a post like this tells me otherwise:

Please tell me this is the longest running troll/prank in the history of tip.it.

You've continually been given evidence as to why degradable items are more then worth it and the fact that you don't have to repair them that often. You've also been told the best no degradable items and blew people off to the point that it was given to you for free.

I truly don't understand why the fine people continue to patronize you.

And it isn't even true that I blow up all the people who tried to help me.

Are you sure no one is forcing me? Because a post like this tells me otherwise:

Well they can't go into your house and press a hot iron on your hand until you buy drygore weapons.

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

As WoodenFruit points out, yeah, you're not being forced to change your mind, play however you like.

But I think the issue may be as you have summarized in the post above. If you want people to think of you as a good player, well, you probably need to be develop the skills to try new things like degradable weapons and manage them effectively. Unless you're going to pull off a Woox16 (and that's kind of a one-in-a-million type thing), you're going to have a difficult time impressing people using dragon.

So ask yourself, what do you want? Are you more concerned with what you want to do or what will impress other people? Frankly I've never been too worried about impressing other people. I do what I want and consider other ideas but I don't really give into peer pressure. A lot of the people here have very high stats or are maxed/comped (or formerly so). They may have even forgotten or take for granted what it is like to go from say a permanent weapon to constantly having to pay for repairs.

You should do what you want though, and not let other people judge you for it. They can give you advice or strongly recommend one thing or another, but at the end of the day what you want to do is really your prerogative.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I apologize, I had a bad day.

This has been the worst April Fools Day yet, nobody has pulled any prank on me, and I had no ideas either.

I am overreacting. I also need to realize that EVERYBODY gets rebutted on a message board, it is common. Not just here but on every message board. And I'm far from being the only one getting into arguments.

And yeah, if I don't wanna discuss further, I can just leave the thread simple as that, and nobody will mind.

I have decided that I am not leaving. Nobody really hates me, maybe a few do, but that's just normal on the Internet.

But one question remains, how can I avoid saying something stupid?

I apologize, I had a bad day.

This has been the worst April Fools Day yet, nobody has pulled any prank on me, and I had no ideas either.

I am overreacting. I also need to realize that EVERYBODY gets rebutted on a message board, it is common. Not just here but on every message board. And I'm far from being the only one getting into arguments.

And yeah, if I don't wanna discuss further, I can just leave the thread simple as that, and nobody will mind.

I have decided that I am not leaving. Nobody really hates me, maybe a few do, but that's just normal on the Internet.

But one question remains, how can I avoid saying something stupid?

Short answer is, you cant avoid it. It happens to the best of us. Learn to laugh at stupid moments, or to just ignore them. It doesn't make you less of a person.

DdzSE8e.png

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Blog

Well I'm glad to hear that you will be sticking around :).

As for avoiding having one's proverbial foot in the mouth, we all say something silly sometimes. It's sort of inevitable, just like people falling for the sillies April Fool's pranks. Maybe wait a few minutes after typing something before posting, or read it over again before doing so? I'm not really sure :P.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

• 3 weeks later...

I really wish I never made this thread. It's stupid and I only made it because I was having a bad day.

If I did have a good day, I wouldn't have made it since it's beyond stupid.

So what if people have problems with some of the things I do in the game? So what if I don't agree with them? That's no reason to leave or take a break.

I am so damn ashamed of the fact that this thread even exists. It should never have been made, and the fact that it was just hurts a lot.

• 1 month later...

Nechroer!

*points finger at Blaze*

Is my understanding.

Yes, I did. Maybe it was a better idea to just say "Yes, I made terrible suggestions in 2005" and move on.

When I bumped these threads I thought at the time I was obligated to acknowledge past mistakes. But I should have realized that it's not like acknowledging past mistakes in a video.

When I do it in a video, those awful videos from the past won't show up in any subscription box. With threads, they will be above the threads that are legitimately recent.

But it doesn't matter now. I'm not even thinking about that incident anymore. The only reason I brought it up now is because you called me out on necromancing, which I did I am willing to admit that.

• 2 weeks later...

This time I'm leaving for good, I might check back here in less than a week, however I won't go outside my own threads.

This is going to sound most likely very rude but I am 100% curious. Are you actually 26 like your profile says you are?

I lurk this forum a lot and from the basis of it - nobody actually hates you. They seem to just get tired of the many new threads you make that you could simply get an answer to by a quick google - especially considering you are clearly not a noob player on the game as you have generally decent stats.

This time I'm leaving for good, I might check back here in less than a week, however I won't go outside my own threads.

This is going to sound most likely very rude but I am 100% curious. Are you actually 26 like your profile says you are?

You can go to my channel and judge for yourself.

Yeah I did say I could go back in less a week and this is less than a day.

I will never get respect here and that's the sad truth. I at least hope I will make slightly better posts before Christmas. I don't wanna wait that long but it's worth it.

I lurk this forum a lot and from the basis of it - nobody actually hates you. They seem to just get tired of the many new threads you make that you could simply get an answer to by a quick google - especially considering you are clearly not a noob player on the game as you have generally decent stats.

But I spend most of my time killing monsters, that's it. Yes it is very limited, but I enjoy it.

(EDIT: Forgot to put it in the above thread, ah well I guess I have to deal with it.)

Also there is no point in opening the thread I started, removing the posts where I call out on my own antics. The video has been cancelled anyway. And I won't make another quest review until I actually understand this game better.

I will never get respect here and that's the sad truth. I at least hope I will make slightly better posts before Christmas. I don't wanna wait that long but it's worth it.

I am not trying to judge you here, but the way you act doesn't seem to fit with the standard norms of posters here (hence why you get so many negative answers). And to me it seems like you have some kind of problem, that makes you act differently than others, I cannot put my finger on it what it is, but for clarity sake I am talking about something like autism. I am not trying to say that you actually have autism or something like it (it just seems to be like that for me) and I don't mean to say that autism is bad (I have syndrom of asperger myself). What I mean to say is, that if you have something like that and want more respect you might state somewhere noticeable that you have those problems (if you actually have them of course). If people know why you respond differently, they will go easier on you. There are just to many trolls (and misbehaving young kids) on the internet that people seem to think you are a troll or something like that.

I understand that this may be something you don't want to do, and I am not saying you have to, but it might make things easier on you. I hope I did not offend you in any way, and I apologize if I did offend you, my intention was to help.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I am not trying to judge you here, but the way you act doesn't seem to fit with the standard norms of posters here (hence why you get so many negative answers). And to me it seems like you have some kind of problem, that makes you act differently than others, I cannot put my finger on it what it is, but for clarity sake I am talking about something like autism. I am not trying to say that you actually have autism or something like it (it just seems to be like that for me) and I don't mean to say that autism is bad (I have syndrom of asperger myself). What I mean to say is, that if you have something like that and want more respect you might state somewhere noticeable that you have those problems (if you actually have them of course). If people know why you respond differently, they will go easier on you. There are just to many trolls (and misbehaving young kids) on the internet that people seem to think you are a troll or something like that.

I understand that this may be something you don't want to do, and I am not saying you have to, but it might make things easier on you. I hope I did not offend you in any way, and I apologize if I did offend you, my intention was to help.

Yes I do have autism, but I have denied it so many times because of all those awful people who make people with autism look bad, can you honestly blame me?

• Like 1

I don't blame you for not wanting to talk about it or mention it, but people who will blanket assume that everyone with autism are "bad" or whichever adjective you want to use are not worth the time anyway. My advice to you would be to have a little more faith in human compassion and understanding in general and try not to let the ones who act that way bother you too much.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png