Abby Whip becoming the new Full Rune?

Iantiger

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe the whipsellers could stop the pricedrop. they just need to be organized...but its not good for me since i have not 85 slayer, but they could for example wait a bit longer for a buyer and then getting 2 mill or whatever insted of only a mill.

well there is way too many people to get organized. imposible to get everyone and tell them to sell for firm price. also another factor is that some people will need to sell some extra whips for money to use for other things and he won't mind getting 100k now and sell it instead of waiting for long time and looking for buyer. time spent lookign for buyer can bring him more money

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

well there is way too many people to get organized. imposible to get everyone and tell them to sell for firm price. also another factor is that some people will need to sell some extra whips for money to use for other things and he won't mind getting 100k now and sell it instead of waiting for long time and looking for buyer. time spent lookign for buyer can bring him more money

Most accurate post iv seen on this thread

well rock bottom price for whip would be about 500k. that might never happen but it's posible. also cmb lvl doesn't say everything about person. i like my low cmb and high total, well not that high but a lot people are suprized to see 1250+ total with 83 cmb. and i don't have whip, and i don't know if i buy one :) maybe down the road. i'm happy with my d-long.

jagex should make more untradable items that had to get like fire cape. thats my future goal with less than 100 cmb :)

I had over 1525 total lvls before i broke 90 combat (about 9-10 days ago) Now I'm, 96 combat. After members I trained for like 8 months on skills. It's only been since Feb I've decided to move back to combat again... a lot of that had to do with waiting for the whip to drop in price...

Skills always take a ton of time to lvl (like my 84 crafting), so in the meantime, I focused on those and watched the whip drop from 25+, to around 8, and now to about 2.6 mil.

anyways, the whip can and will go lower -- I think it should remain over a mill -- but it will keep dropping. Only question is how fast and obviously how much.

RSN: Greedom1 | QP 248+ | Combat 116 | Total 1920+ | Skills 95 craft, 99 farm, 88 herb, 91 mage, 85 slayer

Values? What do they mean?

Whips are comming down.. Rapidly..

Lots of people have 85 Slayer now, so there is lots of whips in RuneScape.

All the lower levels are having them, whips are flooding there own market.

They will only keep comming down in value.

- d3nic

Long long ago, in a game far far away... well actually I'm referring to the days of RS Classic - especially in the early stages - it was very exceptional to see people walking around in full rune. Then, as the game progressed, it became more accessible/available/affordable to the lower levels, and lower levels... and yet lower levels... and so on, until the current stage we have been at for a few years, where every newbie and his dog is wearing full rune.

Now perhaps I'm just getting paranoid in my old age, but I am convinced the same is starting to happen with whips. They are NOT cheap items, no matter what some of you millionaires may claim. 2.5 million or whatever the current going price for them is, is hard earned money, yet I'm now seeing the majority of level 70+ players running around the world with whips in hand.

What do you think? Is the community becoming more efficent at making money in general, and thus the average Joe has no trouble affording such an item? Are too many whips being introduced the game at once? Am I getting paranoid in my old age? Or is this just another extremely pointless thread with no discussion potential?

~Ian

on f2p it is not uncommon to see 40+ in rune but on p2p i dont see rune till like lvl 60 lol

Whips are comming down.. Rapidly..

Lots of people have 85 Slayer now, so there is lots of whips in RuneScape.

All the lower levels are having them, whips are flooding there own market.

They will only keep comming down in value.

- d3nic

what you said is gibberish. Mark my words whip will not drop below 2m. Whip is only obtainable through months of training to 85 slayer. The whip's only dropping right now becuz of the d2h's introduction. THere will be more d2hs eventually becuz any group of players can go kill the chaos elemental and get one. Only 2.5k people can kill abyssal demons.

If you can runecraft natures you can make around 300 to 500k an hour abyss rcing. So it only takes 5 hours to get a whip... minimum
minimum of what you said is 300k. 300k x 5 = 1500k, not quite enough for whip ;)

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

I bought a whip yesterday and I worked my bud of for it.

Selling some stuff I got from drops by monsters

like herbs and rune arrows..from fire giants

and yes it always hurts a lil bit when I see some1 with the same lvl then me (cb 91) and has full drag and some barrows items..

but combat doesnt say how good you are at other skills

I mean I saw a lvl 81 with 1500+ totall

I always tell the truth even when I lie

The whip is the best weapon in the game by far. if dharoks axe was a little faster then itd be in serious competition. same u could say with the d2h. its just too slow. whip will not drop. just a momentary fluctuation.

they will reboard to 2.7 i bet, and great axe is LAME as [bleep]. too slow too inaccurate.

loadsa interesting points amde here. personally im lv 83, 1204 total i think and i am not going to be getting a whip. personally i love my dragon scimitar that much. monkey madness was a nice worthy quest to bring to light this lovely wep, i often hit 14-17 which frankly is fine for somene with only 65 str. you just have to ask yourself, for a thirtieth of the price d scimmy is almost as good as the whip, trust me i borrowed my mates to see what dmg i could do, was about the same. obviously as a low lv the difference would be small but im just not that bothered aobut them.

money is yeah easy to make, i can choose between nats, yews, alching yew longs, making and selling them...god knows i could get enough for a whip in a day or 2 but i dont have the time. i will probably save up for a barrows set, either veracs or more propbably guthans but that will be after imlv 70 in everything so ive got plenty of time.

whips aer excactly like granite4 mauls on a much larger scale. the first perosn i ever saw with a g maul bought it for 500k and killed me in castle wars by hiting me for 3 hits around 20 dmg a piece. right now ur lucky to get 100k for them.

whips will get to about 2 mil and stabalise, there may be a few fluctuations when new items are released but i cant see then going below 2 mil

If I may weigh in here?

Personally, I don't see the whip becoming "full rune", if only because full rune is smithable, which really slammed the price down, and the whip isn't.

However, it DOES remind me of the R2H, back when it was only a new item... It used to be ludicrously expensive, costing a few million gp (remember, that was before we got uber-rare-inflation hitting home), which meant that only the upper class could afford one.

It was *the* status symbol weapon, not only because it was regarded as being the best weapon in the game, but it was also VERY expensive, and VERY hard to come by.

However, as years went on, it became more and more common, especially recently, as more and more members-monsters drop it as a drop. That, and RS2 made us shift away from the 2h and over to the Scimmy or B-Axe due to weapon speeds.

So, in relation to it's avaliablity and market value, then yes, it's the R2H of RS2. However, as more and more people get that 85 slayer, it will eventually suffer the pricing fate of the R2H at the end of RSC. Perhaps not getting dropped altogether though, as it's still a rock hard weapon.

Those are my thoughts anyway, feel free to discuss.

Raichase, quit Runescape.

Time issues really, nothing against the game itself. Something had to go, and it happened to be the addictive game that costs money to enjoy :)

Best of luck to all of my friends here!

I don't think they will drop much further.

I explain:

To get whip, you need to be slayer 85, so a CB at least 105-110.

You can kill around 60 Abyssal demon an hour. To get a whip, you need to kill now an average close to 800. So that is on average 1 every 13hours.

They also drop other items, so you can add an extra 100k per 2hours CB.

People kill Demon mainly for cash (and also a bit XP). So at 2.7mio a whip. for 13hours cb, you get 2.7mio+ 650k= 3.35Mio

That is an hourly average of 250k (you already earn more with Nech and Rune boots..)

At 2mio, they will be an average cash giver of 200k an hour.

As there are plenty of way to earn more cash/hour (Rune crafts, Killing green drags, ....) if the price falls too much? people will just change their money taker. That will imply less whips on the market and so a price stabilization.

2mio seems then for me , the real minimum

If I may weigh in here?

Personally, I don't see the whip becoming "full rune", if only because full rune is smithable, which really slammed the price down, and the whip isn't.

However, it DOES remind me of the R2H, back when it was only a new item... It used to be ludicrously expensive, costing a few million gp (remember, that was before we got uber-rare-inflation hitting home), which meant that only the upper class could afford one.

It was *the* status symbol weapon, not only because it was regarded as being the best weapon in the game, but it was also VERY expensive, and VERY hard to come by.

However, as years went on, it became more and more common, especially recently, as more and more members-monsters drop it as a drop. That, and RS2 made us shift away from the 2h and over to the Scimmy or B-Axe due to weapon speeds.

So, in relation to it's avaliablity and market value, then yes, it's the R2H of RS2. However, as more and more people get that 85 slayer, it will eventually suffer the pricing fate of the R2H at the end of RSC. Perhaps not getting dropped altogether though, as it's still a rock hard weapon.

Those are my thoughts anyway, feel free to discuss.

main difference here is the whips speed and its power=stre bonus. THe scimmy is good for str training cuz its fast and whatnot, but the best overall wep is the whip even though you cannot train str. I think the thread is over. Once the word is out the d2h is horrible, whips will rebound and everything will be back to normal.

yeah i know that the majority of people always did and still do spend all tehre money or most to get some nice armour or a weapon to look good, and the whip is a new example of this. alot of the poeple on my list who arent to poor are always working hard to be able to afford one.

like when god armour was alot more rare over a year ago.

equally the price will drop and more and more will get them, personnaly i like that idea makes pkin more profitable because more will have them despite there lack of value compared to what they used to be.

69er_is_best.png

GWD solo drops: Armadyl Hilt sold at 63.5m - (More to come hopefully)

more people are getting high enough slayer to kill abymial demon so they are bringing more into the world so the more there are the less the prices get now tell me...is that something you learned in science class?

1335752yv6.gif

[]*ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâè)

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷*ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâè) ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷*ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâè)

(ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâô (ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷*______Now Look Down

The%20Offical%20Pharaoh%20of%20Tip.it.png

more people are getting high enough slayer to kill abymial demon so they are bringing more into the world so the more there are the less the prices get now tell me...is that something you learned in science class?

Now gosh darn it Death9991, do you read at all, or are you eyes there to make you look good. Killkill1234 (my, don't you both have such friendly names) CLEARLY wrote that demand is HIGHER than supply, and yet prices are going down. Hence his befuddlement.

I don't understand why the whip prices are going down. Demand is outstripping supply, and yet the prices are going down. That is not what my economics class taught me.

I'd say that, this is probably due to anticipation. A lot of people are still looking to the Dragon 2h to be the next dominant weapon, especially as it's a new toy and all. However, eventually, the defence bonus of a sheild and a whip, as well as the speed bonus, most people will turn back to the whip/sheild rather than the 2h.

I CAN see the 2h being used as a really nice status weapon, something to cart around when wandering around, as it no doubt looks really cool, as well as being rather valuble.

Oh, and Death? He stated that he did not learn about that in economics. Of course he wouldn't have learned it in science, so you really made yourself look quite the silly-billy then, now didn't you?

Please, THINK, READ, and... god forbid RE-READ before jumping on the "yaah, you're a stupid noob" bandwagon.

STRIKE ONE.

Raichase, quit Runescape.

Time issues really, nothing against the game itself. Something had to go, and it happened to be the addictive game that costs money to enjoy :)

Best of luck to all of my friends here!