whats the best wepon useable with a shield on runescape?

sparew

edit.

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

Here's what I've seen, heard, and experienced as the best (for f2p):

If your attack is lower than your strength: Battle axe

If your attack is about the same as your strength: Longsword

If your attack is higher than your strength: Scimitar

This holds true for mid to mid-high attack levels (40 to ~75). Once you get higher combat skill levels, it's all personal preference--use speedofsound's post (with the following corrections) for what you want.

2h: most powerful, slowest

b ax: powerful, slow

scimmy: weak, fast

claws: very weak, really fast

sword: weak, medium speed

long sword: medium, medimum

u should use a scimmy. a b-axe can get like 4 hits in the same time that a scimmy gets 6 hits, (i've tested them both). scimmy also gives you a strength bonus = good for getting high hits.

u should use a scimmy. a b-axe can get like 4 hits in the same time that a scimmy gets 6 hits, (i've tested them both). scimmy also gives you a strength bonus = good for getting high hits.

the baxe gives a higher stength bonus and is more accurate...someone did a few tests in another thread somewhere else, and found that withing the same time period they worked out to do the same damage. The schimy attacks more often but misses more often, while the baxe hits higher and more accurately but swings slower. For training purposes, I would use a schimy, but for pking, I might use a baxe; against wariors, the crush attack will help more than a slash attack would.

the baxe gives a higher stength bonus and is more accurate...someone did a few tests in another thread somewhere else, and found that withing the same time period they worked out to do the same damage. The schimy attacks more often but misses more often, while the baxe hits higher and more accurately but swings slower. For training purposes, I would use a schimy, but for pking, I might use a baxe; against wariors, the crush attack will help more than a slash attack would.

To be honest, PKing with a b axe isn't good. Yes, crush attacks are good against armour, but crush is less accurate than slash if you check the b axe's attack bonus. You can hit much higher with a b axe, but that'd make your opponent heal when his life is 50 %. You can't get a good R2H switch with B axe.

for the speed:

if u say the speed of a

rune long is 1

then

rune skimm is at 0.75

r2h is 1.5

baxe, is 1.25

i m not sure about these numbers, they are more acurate on another tip-its topic

so u can do 2 hits with skimm while the other can only do 1 with r2h...

my suggestion is: never use r2h, very slow + less def

rsname: lord rex.
december 2011: ranked 107th best f2p player
march 2012 became member.

Lord_Rex.png

Against plate armour, the all-out crush attack of a warhammer may be useful- it's also slightly faster than the B-axe.

Warhammer v B-axe

Speed: a little faster

Attack: Crush bonus quite a bit higher - even higher than 2H

Strength: considerably lower

So the high crush bonus, plus the lower defence of plate against crush, means this is most likely to hit, but with a strength similar to a Scimmy.

The Scimmy is fast, the best weapon if slash attack works well on your target, since it has a minimal stab as an alternative.