Your thoughts on Runescape HotKeys?

Playshark

I'm used to various other online games, and some of the controlls on runescape im not too happy with, i play on a mac powerbook, and the arrow keys are very hard to compile with, also some spells should be hotkeyd, it gives the game a much faster aspect of playing and can get rid of alot of click delay and gamelag arguments. whats your thoguhts on giving runescape custom hotkeys? and especially WASD, the other custom arrow keys for cs and wow players.

there is 1 hotkey already

press CONTR and click on the map... u will start running

but yes some hotkeys for the spells or somthing like that would be very good.

rsname: lord rex.
december 2011: ranked 107th best f2p player
march 2012 became member.

Lord_Rex.png

making a easy game easier? i actually dissagree with you, the game movement commands suck, its all click, one of the reasons that i get turned off by runescape sometimes is the fact that its so hard to controll my character on this computer, hotkeys would make my game playing style much more better

there is 1 hotkey already

press CONTR and click on the map... u will start running

but yes some hotkeys for the spells or somthing like that would be very good.

ill try that :) its easy at the wildy...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

A couple of hotkeys wouldn't hurt, I'm thinking item selecting or maybe uhm.. prayer activating buttons would be quite good.

Or at least a way to tab through the menu.

Definitly no hotkeys for prayer..That would make the fight cave's waaaaay to easy (Tztok-Jad). And then any random noobs walking around would have the cape and it wouldn't be something special. (no im not saying this because I want it to myself because I do not have the cape yet)

I think player movement would be much better if it was controlled with WASD, like many other games. That wouldn't increase the ease by which skills are leveled, it would just be more user friendly in my opinion. I don't really see why there would be any objection other than fear of change, but it could easily be implemented while retaining the current movement system.

31509signature.gif

Yes, I'd like to see some more hotkeys out there, besides the "Ctrl + map click = running".

However, a prayer hotkey would indeed be a bit stupid, but I'm sure there are some nice additions they could make with the hotkeys, making the game user friendly, but not specifically easier.

I think player movement would be much better if it was controlled with WASD, like many other games. That wouldn't increase the ease by which skills are leveled, it would just be more user friendly in my opinion. I don't really see why there would be any objection other than fear of change, but it could easily be implemented while retaining the current movement system.

yeash WASD is pretty much exactly the same as arrow keys, just im so used to it and so are many other people probally.

Ok so magic and prayer hotkeys would make the game easier and its probally not a good idea to change that, but i would like the movement to have different keys.

i guess it would change the chat also, because pushing WASD would move you instead of typing W or A or S or D lol, so something will have to change

Then dont play, simple as that.

This is the General chat section of runescape, not the Rants. I'm not complaining i'm just seeing if anyone else has views on hotkeys.

I do play, simple as that.

maybe hotkeys for food? like a special bar where u can put noted food in that slot.. but noted food quantity = to the inventory quantity only... like diablo..

@ least u know ur health bar during pk.. ahaha...

I disagree, you're making an easy game even easier.

~Ian

you got a good point there

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

I'd like to see hotkeys for fast change between the different ingame menus. Like switching from the magic menu to the inventory menu, or weapon menu to friendslist menu.

Thats a nice idea :)

If there would come any hotkeys, it should be these. They dont make the game "easier" (you cant train faster, or something, or pk like its nothing), but they make it more user friendly.

A couple of hotkeys wouldn't hurt, I'm thinking item selecting or maybe uhm.. prayer activating buttons would be quite good.

Or at least a way to tab through the menu.

Thats a hotkey that I would support, Tabing thru the menu's would be great. On the other hand I would be opposed to any spell or prayer hotkey, it would just be confusing :?

sggyhj8.png

RuneScape HD in 2560x1024!

I know the answer and, because I cannot convey screaming feverishly on forums without looking odd or getting banned, just imagine it as such.

Being able to use the number keys to acces the menus would be nice...

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.