petition against RULE 8 banning innocents

gspbeetle

this is a petition to either completely abolish rule 8 or urge jagex to make a closer look when engaging the rule whilst banning people.

i was shocked when seeing even famous are being caught by this jail bait now!

Rule 8 is a rule against "multiple logins", which look like this:

rule87hb.th.jpg

Rule 8 was made by jagex to counter scammings or autoers transporting their "goods" to their main account or opening a new account for more bank place (known as mule)

Rule 8 bans multiple account running under a same computer or under a same ip as well as single direction trading (one side gives absolutely nothing)

however the fact is:

a wide range of honest and innocent players are being affected by this rule and got banned permanently or black marked.

these players either are:

1) internet users running under internet connection sharing or local area network which has the same ip (family, school, internet cafe, workplace situation or the whole building has its own LAN)

2) school gamer or real life friends (they usually give or borrowing things free often)

3) os emulator users (soneone less affordable and need to share a single computer)

4) a really nice guy (someone who give out free stuffs often using trade windows)

in fact, rule 8 is pointless, the anti-marco (rule 7) and anti-scamming (rule 4) rules which provides enough power to punish whom who play the game unfairly.

Watching a noob wearing party hat wielding an obsidian cape or a pure using expensive stuff does not seems any extra unfair advantages to us, they just yet another fruits of hard work.

i personally would rather endure to see more noobs in their expensive gears rather to see people being banned by this rule innocently and myself entering the waiting list of going to be banned by this rule 8...

please and welcome to express your views on either you support me or not, thanks

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont really care one way or another

And if there wearing a phat + obby cape then there a staker, and/or pker

Edit - If there a low level wearing a phat + obby cape then i say staker

Other wise i say if you have good money making skillz then thats expected

And no offense or anything but methinks you got banned for this "rule 8" :roll:

kill3r_c0w.png

Personally, I'm disgusted how easy it is to multi-log.. For kicks I can run and keep track of 7 wc's if I want, I find it ruins the game and don't do it but, I have several freinds that always have 2 other accounts making money while he trains his real account.

Most lvl 3 wc'ers are NOT macro, but someone multi-logging

Drop trading is ok though ;)

Edit: Using a router will NOT get you banned, your computer on the network can be identified from the other ones. Oh and it is possible to ML in the same world, but i'm not telling how :P

Nevrane.png

Proud Owner of a Fire Cape

2) school gamer or real life friends (they usually give or borrowing things free often)

Thats my reason to support this...

18/22 skills at or better than 60.

1300+ skill total.

Barrows:Torag's Helm x2, Guthan's Helm, Guthan's Warspear, Dharok's Greataxe, died to dharok, Guthan's Platebody, Ahrim's Hood. All in a total of 104 runs.

Rule 8 must be gone, or Jagex actully take TIME to look up the problem.

NICK 6464

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Jagex are implying a "Fear Factor" here by ganning people for the slightest thing, what they dont relise is by doing this they are making the majority of the "people" ( runescape players ) unhappy, thus losing interest in the game, thus not playing, thus the loss of income.

What Jagex needs to get through, which i think they already know about is that most homes DO have a LAN connection to the computer, and banning them for that is the ONLY UNFAIR part of the game.

permanantley muted for offensive language! pwnd some noobs though XD

I disagree with this rule, I also worry for myself, because i bring my computer over to my friends house alot, and we are always borrowing each other things and giving them back later. We are on a router, and I also play at work sometimes (shhhh) so im always loggin in at diff Ip's and i wonder sometimes if I'm going to get in some sort of trouble for this.

smallsig2.jpg

RS name- Lunar3klipse, banned 3-16-06: found out theres a new appeal system, I get an extra appeal, fingers crossed.

BTW: Ill give someone a serious dollar, if I can use more than 30kb for a sig size :/ its my hosting for crying out-loud.

Firstly before any immature smart [wagon] decides to render a verdict that I've been caught for any of the aforementioned, I haven't and people like you should stay behind the S Bend where you belong.

Yes I agree that the rule should be either removed or reviewed.

Jagex allows multiple accounts knowing full well people will multi-log in, use them as a mule or in some cases to macro on various skills. Many of which have been permanently banned already, thank goodness. However two brothers sharing stuff between them doesn't mean they're cheating. My son regularly goes over to a friends place and sometimes not very often trade small inconsequential items between them using the same router system, will they get banned too?

The other area I strongly object to is the Hitler mentality to people who mention sites like this one to others who need help. Jagex supports Tip.it but bans any referrence to it in the game. Many players have already been banned as a result, i've mentioned this and other sites just to get rid of annoying people who just wont go away.

I mentioned in a previous post based on Tip Its own condemnation of Rule 8, which has at the insistance of Jagex been removed, read into that what you will.

good idea i hope thay do get stop rule 8 or look in to each case much more fully i give free stuff a way now and then and wen we get 2 pc at my home all give stuff to my friends if thay play thare

rednewdc5.png

By 'fittest' do you mean 'most selfish brat with the fastest internet connection?'

Im against it, i used to live in a poor country where an in ternet cafe has a crahppy router and some old computers and all the people who ever acessed their accounts from that cafe got banned because the server thought they all ahd the same IP, the rule is a load of rubbish and should be abolished "or whatevr the word is im not a big fan of long words lmao" :lol: :lol:

yea, im in...i have one pc and both me and my bro play, i like to be able to give him stuff from my acount...i no a way to multi log into same world... and its really annoying that jagex could block me for it... :oops:

coza17.png