What is this world coming to?

zeekyhbomb

http://www.krnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4628711

^Don't worry, its a link to a local news site...^

Reno police say two students were injured and another is in custody after a shooting at a Reno middle school...

What has this world come to? A MIDDLE SCHOOLER coming to school with a gun and shooting another student, and wounding one with shrapmil from something... I know people that go there and saw it, and thank god there were teachers down there, they eventually tackled him according to the people that saw it. How has it become so easy to get posession of a gun? :?

rangesig.gif

Kids bring guns to my school all the time during hunting season. Not just handguns mind you, hunting rifles. They go hunting early in the morning and then come to school with rifles, complete with ducks and quail in the back of their trucks.

3898000bYVcx.png

Maybe if the America govt got off their butts and banned guns then this kind of thing wouldnt happen.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Maybe if the America govt got off their butts and banned guns then this kind of thing wouldnt happen.

Australia has a pretty big ban on gun's, your allowed to have some guns..but not automatic I think...Cant wait till Australia does what it normally does and copycat's America....

As: Dontknowyet -157 R.

Rs: Dontknowyet - 38

Bigboybad - 104

What I'd like to know is how people actually get to be suprised when things like this happen, despite the fact that the country in question allows guns to be owned by practically any pleb that wants one.

You don't hand out devices designed to harm/kill people and expect them to be locked away forever. People are idiots, and idiots should not be allowed to possess guns. It's as simple as that in my view, and anyone who feels otherwise has the right do so as long as he is willing to accept the risks and consequences involved. Just don't expect any suprise or pity from me.

@dontknowyet: Automatic and semi-automatic all illegal. The ban was implemented something like 2 weeks after the Port Arthur massacure.

Anyhow, if people really need a gun in the home and have a good reason (where defence doesn't count) then it should be nothing more than a pistol.

That's just my opinion on it. I'm not overly big on guns - but it'd be good enough.

Anyhow, if people really need a gun in the home and have a good reason (where defence doesn't count) then it should be nothing more than a pistol.

Generally speaking, handguns are only good for target shooting due to lack of power and reduced accuracy. If one wanted to hunt then a rifle or shotgun would be necessary.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

Hunting you say.. wouldn't need much more than a single-shot, bolt-action rifle for that.

There has never been the need for semi-automatic, let alone fully automatice weapons in a home.

Hunting you say.. wouldn't need much more than a single-shot, bolt-action rifle for that.

There has never been the need for semi-automatic, let alone fully automatice weapons in a home.

That is true. It is stupid how some people 'hunt' with M16s.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

Not caring for all of the hunters out there :P

/me would sure hate to see the deer take over the roads >.<

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

Which is why, at least in my state, automatic and semi-automatic guns are banned :? .

Don't expect America to go around banning guns anytime soon. I mean, c'mon, we're the country that allowed our vice president to accidentally shoot his hunting partner in the face with virtually no penalties :roll:

I wonder if the president has ever gone hunting with Mr. Cheney... :lol:

finalsig9wq.gif

Don't expect America to go around banning guns anytime soon. I mean, c'mon, we're the country that allowed our vice president to accidentally shoot his hunting partner in the face with virtually no penalties :roll:

Actually I heard that the guy who was shot apolgized to Cheeney because of all of the mental turmoil he must have put him through. What !!!!! If anybody should be apolgzing it is Cheeney.

Something needs to be done. America is so extremely messed up right now but nothing is being done. It gets worse and worse everyday. The US is always braging about the constitution and bill of rights and yet everyday it is passing legislation that undermines everything america is said to datnd for. The US is just using terrorism as a cover for what they are doing. They say that terrorism is bad, and yet they do equaly bad or worse things to others. They torture. A bill was passed allowing the US to use torture to prevent a terrorist attack. They also added a phrase saying that terrorism includings everything against the US law. So now anybody could be tortured when ever the gov feels it. And did anybody in congress object. No, only one person did.

Sorry to go so off track.

By the way I live in the US myself.

PDM

PDM

i think that anybody that doesnt feel safe in america jumps north of the border to canada. We are the second biggest country but only have a population of 33 mil so there are plenty of igloos for u up here. unfortunately guns are becoming a problem in canada aswell. not as bad as in america mind u but its getting there. And every1s panicing about wut to do but really nothing can be done...its jus a matter of time before guns are in every single household in north america...

Oh and by the way something like 90% of all guns in canada come from south of the border!

chickenwhipdo3.jpg

runesfinestxo7.png

i think that anybody that doesnt feel safe in america jumps north of the border to canada. We are the second biggest country but only have a population of 33 mil so there are plenty of igloos for u up here. unfortunately guns are becoming a problem in canada aswell. not as bad as in america mind u but its getting there. And every1s panicing about wut to do but really nothing can be done...its jus a matter of time before guns are in every single household in north america...

Oh and by the way something like 90% of all guns in canada come from south of the border!

Haha, like our drugs.

I don't see anything being done in the near future, I mean if anything, gun laws are just getting more lax. I mean, just last year automatic and assault rifles became legal to own privately again.

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona