Green Dragons, Ectofuntus, and the Elusive Prayer Bonus

gonpost

Hope you've all been enjoying the 100th quest this week! I'll just be doing it this weekend... Below I have something a little...shall we say...different.

As a warning, it's a very long read.

Well, IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve gotten pretty bored over the past few weeks. IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve been killing green dragons, thousands of them really. IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve been banking the hides and bones, and I finally had enough bones banked for 75 prayer. Since then, IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve been using the ectofuntus along with the dragon bones, and boy is it nice. So far IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m at 70 prayer.

Anywho, the product of my boredom whilst doing these various tasks is below. There are mainly three things: calculations about the experience and items from green dragons, the speed and efficiency of the ectofuntus, and finally, my somewhat in-depth study about discovering the actual numbers behind that elusive ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Åprayer bonusÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

this was a very nice and entertaining post! I liked how the gear you used in the first part was labelled. what did you use with the differnet prayer bonuses, and have you tried seeing if the holy wrenches affect prayer drain rates in any way? i'll read back soon :P

The gear is irrelevant, but I used various combinations of prayer books, monk's robes, druid robes, and dragon maces.

Also...the holy wrench. Never tried anything with that becuase I haven't done that quest, which quest do I get that from?

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

Gon- amazing post. really shows how RS *could* be educational :P

equippeditemsforectofuntus9iu.th.png

- Glory needs to be switched with Amulet of Ghostspeak, i think so you can collect tickets.

- Holy Wrench is from the quest 'Rum Deal' or something like that, it adds one or two to every prayer dose.

Many thanks for this post - really helped me understand how important that little number is. I'll be heading back to the dragons soon enough. Thanks!

slimysteve, sorry, I forgot that I should have a ghost speak amulet. I was a bit of the ways in and became a bit delerious...I'll change that once I'm done with this small quest.

Also, if the holy wrench only affects how much prayer is restored, you simply add 1 or 2 to how much each dose of the prayer pot restores. I'm sure you all can figure that out. :)

Thanks for the correction.

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

Have you tried the prayer drain rates with a -1 prayer bonus which you get from wielding an ancient staff?

No I haven't...that's a rather intriguing thought though.

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

That was boring/entertaining some how. Nice read and that was very helpful, especially the prayer section. Thank you for all the time you wasted in order to bring this seemingly insignificant subject to the community. When I get my membership back I'm going to make sure I use this one day. i should copy this to my computer...

i find myself timing how much of X thing i can get done in an hour all the time to see if its worth the time, or if i should try something else. your theory for the green drags is great, but i imagine alot of folks dont have 84 magic to tele to the wild by the dragons which probably saves tons of time opposed to running from edge and or varrock. I myself used the ectofunctus all the time for my dragon bones, but i got sick of gettin killed at the level 13 wild green spot and the 23 is a far jorney so i ended up just killing blues in taverly, which took alot longer maybe, but i didnt get pkd which when that happens always slows things down alot. I didnt think of doing the ring to castle wars, that would save alot of time. i just ran to the ghost bank and ecto'd back. i also waited to fill my buckets for when i came back, i thought of filling them b4 i left, but it probably doesnt make much difference which way you do it. as for the prayer bonus experiment, wow you must have been bored :P it is very usefull info to have esspecially when you know exactly how many prayer pots to bring to last you for X amount of prayer. I always just put on everything i could find with a prayer bonus, minus the dragon mace, (I figure if you bring a whip or something you will kill things alot faster and in turn would equal out the extra prayer you would have from the mace) and roll out and start killing :0 good work

smallsig2.jpg

RS name- Lunar3klipse, banned 3-16-06: found out theres a new appeal system, I get an extra appeal, fingers crossed.

BTW: Ill give someone a serious dollar, if I can use more than 30kb for a sig size :/ its my hosting for crying out-loud.

If you want a more efficent way to kill green dragons.

Bring The graveyard teleporting runes, however many lobs and a dueling ring.

This way you can collect 13 Bones + 13 hides and have a space left for clue/nats or whatever.

wouldn't a better way at the ectofunctus be to first get all of the buckets you need full of the liquid stuff, and bank them all, then do all the bones, and finally combine them?

that way you have fewer lengthy trips up and down the stairs.

I have to get practically naked when I'm cooking bacon.

I may be immature, but that made me laugh!

That was boring/entertaining some how. Nice read and that was very helpful, especially the prayer section. Thank you for all the time you wasted in order to bring this seemingly insignificant subject to the community. When I get my membership back I'm going to make sure I use this one day. i should copy this to my computer...

Boring??? I would say very interesting, but you have to concentrate while reading it, thats for sure.

Nice work, gonpost. I see you also like to calculate and compare numbers.

If you want a more efficent way to kill green dragons.

Bring The graveyard teleporting runes, however many lobs and a dueling ring.

This way you can collect 13 Bones + 13 hides and have a space left for clue/nats or whatever.

You have a point there...I suppose it would be possible to just carry enough runes for one Carrallangar Teleport, and then have the ring equipped...that would save a good deal of room.

I still say you should always have a ring of life just in case, it's saved me twice out of the three times I almost died out there.

Very good point though.

wouldn't a better way at the ectofunctus be to first get all of the buckets you need full of the liquid stuff, and bank them all, then do all the bones, and finally combine them?

that way you have fewer lengthy trips up and down the stairs.

Hmm...I don't think that would be as good. The reason is that you'd spend more time banking instead of getting materials. I suppose it's worth a try, but I think that doing 9 bones at a time is best. And to answer the other guy's question, you can grind bones or get slime first, it really doesn't matter.

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.