Green Dragons, Ectofuntus, and the Elusive Prayer Bonus

gonpost

Very nice post, I love how you think through these different aspects with math and logic, and not just with common sense. It would be interesting to attempt other experiments with this game. I would like to speak with you in-game, and perhaps even begin a partnership. I have a few experiments in mind.

imaerehw14, and donpost, please add me in-game, I have an interesting proposition for the both of you, of the business type.

RSN: commandwolf2

For the Dragon Killing -

1. I wear shield, climbing boots, barrow gloves, and ammy of strength. Before the gloves, I also wield torag top, bottom and whip. Now, I'll do torag top, rune legs and whip so that I only lose legs if I forget to put on item protect. Lastly, I wear the duel ring for dummy teleport. In inventory I take 3 tunas and 1 teleport crystal.

2. I take a dose of super atk, super str, and anti-fire potion.

3. Using this method, I can net easily 120 green dragons an hour.

For the Ecto functus -

I seriously suggest you do the parts in bulk. It takes 48 minutes to grind 208 dragon bones while banking (if I'm fast, I can do a round trip of 13 bones in 2 min 45 secs). It takes almost no time to get your buckets filled (8 trips of 26 buckets). Then it's a matter of praying (another 16 trips). So, for 208 bones it takes about an hours time and 40 bank trips. Your way is less bank trips (25 trips) but I'm sure you run out of energy in that time. How many bones can you do in an hour?

For the Prayer bonus -

Great job. I once timed it, but decided it's so minor to not worry. I do recommend strength bonus over attk bonus and prayer though.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

For the Dragon Killing -

1. I wear shield, climbing boots, barrow gloves, and ammy of strength. Before the gloves, I also wield torag top, bottom and whip. Now, I'll do torag top, rune legs and whip so that I only lose legs if I forget to put on item protect. Lastly, I wear the duel ring for dummy teleport. In inventory I take 3 tunas and 1 teleport crystal.

2. I take a dose of super atk, super str, and anti-fire potion.

3. Using this method, I can net easily 120 green dragons an hour.

For the Ecto functus -

I seriously suggest you do the parts in bulk. It takes 48 minutes to grind 208 dragon bones while banking (if I'm fast, I can do a round trip of 13 bones in 2 min 45 secs). It takes almost no time to get your buckets filled (8 trips of 26 buckets). Then it's a matter of praying (another 16 trips). So, for 208 bones it takes about an hours time and 40 bank trips. Your way is less bank trips (25 trips) but I'm sure you run out of energy in that time. How many bones can you do in an hour?

For the Prayer bonus -

Great job. I once timed it, but decided it's so minor to not worry. I do recommend strength bonus over attk bonus and prayer though.

The dragon method is good, however, I did it assuming the person training would want to 3 item and wouldn't use barrows. Are the attack potions that much better? I guess so...thanks for the info.

Regarding the ectofuntus, I can do 162 an hour. I still think it's better to do them in one trip...perhaps I'm wrong. How many can you get in an hour?

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

I usually kill black dragons 11 per trip (lot longer as they're lvl 225)

So probably 5 trips per hr = 45430xp.

But the Ectofuntus your doing it all wrong.

Firstly do the buckets of slime 28 at a time - ring ofDueling to Castle Wars or Ammy Glory to Draynor Village, ectophile back to Port Phas.

Then concentrate on the bone grinding with teleport items plus keep the tokens (don't forget to collect) leaves you with 25 slots ( i use another item to fill up)

So you now have 12 Bones and 12 Pots and usual teleports. When at the bank in Castle Wars Withdraw all bones then deposit the pots/withdraw all empty pots. This way you always get 12 of each.

When done then you start on the pray at ectophunctus 12 of each again.

But I find doing all the slime first reduces the boredom and when at the final praying stage you know that the end is near.

• 6 months later...

I nominate this for the archive of wisdom!... Nice pray bonus thing...

Losers...

Are you blind or ignoring me on purpose?

Even though I sometimes side with religious people in some debates, I no longer consider myself religious.

now try it with that new armor from the quest, you can get 33 prayer + with all the stuff i think full procilty (sp) unholy ammy, white gloves + boots + drag mace + prayer book + fire cape is like 33 or somthing

i don't play psykick anymore... i play 2ed: "pure fett"

26081 to get 99 herblore

the green drag spot west of the wildy canoe is less pker filled, and you can glory back to edge, and lots of ranging safespots, imo the best spot, the one northeast of varrock is a long walk to get there, the one above the graveyard has lots of pkers but the 2nd best spot, the 13 wild one is a joke, loads of 1 itemers/pkers/no ranging spots/other people.

Awesome post, I'll say! Much better than my crystal bow research (see my siggy "v").

One thing though: I think they changed the prayer potion percentage.

Judge yourself: My prayer level is 53 (rounded up to 54), so the prayer potion should retore 18 (19 with wrench). BUT! It restores 20 without, and 21 with wrench! Any explanations?

Game_Proffy.png

wouldn't a better way at the ectofunctus be to first get all of the buckets you need full of the liquid stuff, and bank them all, then do all the bones, and finally combine them?

that way you have fewer lengthy trips up and down the stairs.

personally, I never have enough bank space for that kind of tactic, but you can cut your stair time by emptying your ectophial as soon as you've filled your buckets.

jiggeryqua.png

We were just talking about Drain rate yesterday and if it the drain rate has increased recently..

This would be good data to test it from..

SOmeone should check the times today to the times posted from unbug.. or if unbug could test that would be even better..

No presure un :)

I would but I am at work... lets us know...

Whoah. :o

Well...I sure didn't expect this to pop back up after 6 months of being retired. I'm flattered by the recent posts, but you don't have to bump it. :)

Oh and also! The method that I used here for the ectofuntus isn't necessarily the "best" way to do it. I've heard plenty of other methods that people claim work better, the way described on my first post is simply the method I used back then. However, the green dragons and prayer bonus formula are still accurate/usable.

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.