College acceptance!

Tomato

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Everyone and Good luck next year!

I'm still a junior so i'll have to wait an year >.<

7 seniors got into Cal (envy envy envy) and a whole bunch got into UCLA, UCD, UCSD and a lot of the other UCs, Calpoly and other CSUs, havent heard anyone get into the ivies yet.

andysigwhitemc.jpg

dude i got pked and lost my full zezima

UCs > CSUs

xP

I wasn't that impressed with Cal when I looked into it and when I visited. The campus was nice but I wasn't too fond of Berkeley itself. UCLA was beautiful but there was a certain arrogance around them that I didn't care for. UCD is boring cuz it's in the middle of no where. I live in Sac, I'd know...

And then there's UCSD. Hopefully it'll be as nice as I think it'll be cuz that's where I'll be next year! :P

Oh yeah, Cal Poly SLO is pretty nice too I hear.

I loved Davis when i was living there as a kid, boring yes, but im the type that doesn't do much anyways ^.^

UCLA is good because it offers housing for all 4 years. But other than that im not really considering going down south, (I have heard about the arrogance)

andysigwhitemc.jpg

I loved Davis when i was living there as a kid, boring yes, but im the type that doesn't do much anyways ^.^

UCLA is good because it offers housing for all 4 years. But other than that im not really considering going down south, (I have heard about the arrogance)

I take it you live in Nor-Cal then?

I'm only going to be a junior in high school next year (11th grade) so college applications are a fair ways off for me.

But my older sister Liz (18 and a senior this year) just got accepted to BYU Idaho in Rexburg.

IDAHO?!?!?!?! I'd go to Hawaii or Provo, but I don't think I'm going to a LDS/Mormon college. Might go into law or become a teacher.

They may be far off but there's plenty of things to think about such as taking SAT classes or at the very least the PSAT. Especially as your class won't be able to take the "old" SAT, the new format is something you want to become familiar with.

Also visiting colleges, or at least seriously considering which ones you want to apply to, is important Junior year.

I didn't really get involved in my college choices until late in my Junior year and I definitely missed some colleges I regret not sending apps to like Cal, Columbia and NYU.

Oh yeah, and talk to your counselor and see if you can set up a challenging curriculum that will impress a college. IB or AP classes and the like...

We're forecasting for next year this week and next, and I'm definitely loading up on the AP classes. Have been taking mostly honors the last 2 years.

I took the PSAT, I did REALLY well, I got a 67 in math, 71 in reading, and 70 in writing. And that was just the PSAT, and at the beginning of sophomore year.

The PSAT/NMSQT score reports provide three different scores on the 20-to-80 scale. One each for critical reading skills, math skills, and writing skills. The average critical reading, math, and writing skills score for juniors is about 49.

I'm gonna kick some serious bum when I send in my college apps. :twisted:

I don't know too much about what colleges to go to, but I would really like to travel next summer if not this one. I'm excited to be almost halfway through highschool; I hate it and am looking forward to the levels and types of study in college.

How many people here are staying in dorms, and if so, with roommates?

I think that'd be so weird having to share a 10' x 10' or less space with a complete stranger, so I think I'll be paying the extra money to have my own space in a dorm. I'm lucky though that I already have quite a nice college fund waiting for me, which should get me through the first year of a nice college or all 4 of a not-as-nice one.

Also visiting colleges, or at least seriously considering which ones you want to apply to, is important Junior year.

I second that. While I didn't take college apps seriously and it turned out alright for me, in retrospect, I wish I visited more colleges. I'm perfectly happy with my current school, but if I hadn't gotten into this one, I would've been completely lost.

How many people here are staying in dorms, and if so, with roommates?

I think that'd be so weird having to share a 10' x 10' or less space with a complete stranger, so I think I'll be paying the extra money to have my own space in a dorm. I'm lucky though that I already have quite a nice college fund waiting for me, which should get me through the first year of a nice college or all 4 of a not-as-nice one.

At my university, we're required to live on campus freshman and sophomore year. I currently have a roommate. She wants a single next year which makes me sad because I like to have roommates/suitemates. I live in a suite with a common room, so our 10'x15' space is really only used for storage and sleeping. It's really not that bad.

Dorm living is the BEST. Hopefully you'll get to know your floormates! I'm looking forward to moving out next year, but I'm also sad to move out of this building-- I've made a lot of great friends in the dorms. I live with a randomly chosen roommate. My room is 20'x10' and it's quite nice. :wink:

If anyone's coming to UCD, you can party with the Weez! Yes, it may be boring in cowland, but the school is great :D

Down with socal.

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

Dorm living is the BEST. Hopefully you'll get to know your floormates! I'm looking forward to moving out next year, but I'm also sad to move out of this building-- I've made a lot of great friends in the dorms. I live with a randomly chosen roommate. My room is 20'x10' and it's quite nice. :wink:

If anyone's coming to UCD, you can party with the Weez! Yes, it may be boring in cowland, but the school is great :D

Down with socal.

Oh u live in the dorms? Which one?

And Zerocool, yup I've lived in Nor Cal for ever since i came to the US ^.^ wouldn't live anywhere else!

andysigwhitemc.jpg

Down with socal.

What's your major Weez?

Some of my friends are going to UCD next year.

I live in Segundo right now, but I'm going to move off campus next year.

I'm majoring in biotech and I'm planning to minor in Asian American Studies because I don't feel right without studying a social science. And yes, I know it's a weird combination. :)

Teaching and inspiring.

Segundo is the nicest place on campus to live, IMO. It's away from the cows (poor tercero!) and seems much more lively than Cuarto. Cuarto seems too quiet for me, since it's full of suites (5+ people to one suite); generally, people in Cuarto would rather hang out with their suitemates than others outside. :)

I'm also living in the nicest buildings in Segundo. I'm lucky. 8)

Teaching and inspiring.

Just got accepted to Cornell and Notre Dame. :)

my friend Tom Thornton is the starting pitcher for Notre Dame :)

congrats to everyone who got in, i got accepted to Saint Michaels in vermont and Bridgewater State in MA (i'm going there...literally 8 miles from home)

Guest GhostRanger
full sail

3.6gpa and a 1340 on the SAT's got me in there with no question

I have a friend at Full Sail. Although he didn't have a very good GPA I don't believe. It's a technical school, right?

full sail

3.6gpa and a 1340 on the SAT's got me in there with no question

I have a friend at Full Sail. Although he didn't have a very good GPA I don't believe. It's a technical school, right?

Yeah, I believe it has to do with film/graphics/art etc.

punk4ever.gif

By The_Jeppoz :wink: