College acceptance!

Tomato

Well within the next few days, a lot of high school seniors are going to be accepted into colleges. For me...I just got accepted into Virginia Tech! I'll be majoring in biology! Anyone else get their acceptances yet?

tomato1ry.png

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but I prefer Math or Chem :P

~komodo

Do you prefer MATH? do i read math? (im soo bad at that :oops: ) give me language and im happy :lol:

congratz :wink:

Yep, Math! Because math is in almost all subjects, like biology, chem, physics, geography...

But I only enjoy Chem, Math and Biology.... I'm awfull at physics... I was...

But I dont like language! Its boring! :? I feel sleepy! :lol:

~komodo

komododabst3cn.png

Guest GhostRanger
Got into Boston College and Case Western Reserve, have yet to hear from Northwestern. I wish i would have applied to more schools oh well Sad .

My best friend applied early admission to Northwestern and got in. The only school she ended up applying to. :P

I just had my orientation and registered for my classes (early registration for honors) at the University of Kentucky (majoring in Philosophy/Pre-Law).

w00t for college!

I got mine from Carleton a few weeks ago :oops:

Gonna take Political Science. :D

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

Well within the next few days, a lot of high school seniors are going to be accepted into colleges. For me...I just got accepted into Virginia Tech! I'll be majoring in biology! Anyone else get their acceptances yet?

gratz tomato :) .

I was acepted into Black hills university (south dakota) few months ago. Family is up there, so fun fun.

I'll give you 3 guesses to what i'm majoring in :lol: .

Something art related? :|

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

*ding* you are the lucky winner. (except you don't win anything :|)

Yeah, i'm going to be majoring in graphic design... probaly relating to advertising, hopefully 3D modeling as well. Doesn't realy matter what "exact" graphic art field i'm in (although i'd love to learn modeling a lot in college and do it for a game company ^^)

I got mine from Carleton a few weeks ago :oops:

Gonna take Political Science. :D

Ohh, I really liked Carleton if I hadn't gotten into my first choice last year :D (Wesleyan)

Awesome job everyone :D Tomato, I'm so happy for you :D!!! And Case Western is tough, man :D

Sidenote: I'm a probable math major. You'd be amazed how amazing math can be, man :D

Everybody hug and spread the love :D

siggypooro0.jpg

*ding* you are the lucky winner. (except you don't win anything :|)

Yeah, i'm going to be majoring in graphic design... probaly relating to advertising, hopefully 3D modeling as well. Doesn't realy matter what "exact" graphic art field i'm in (although i'd love to learn modeling a lot in college and do it for a game company ^^)

Your terragens gave alot of hints :oops:

Guest GhostRanger
when do you start filling applying for colleges? I havnt had time to ask my adviser for school yet.

Fall of your senior year is normal. Lots of kids don't start until the beginning of the second semester as well. It really depends on how quickly you want to find out, and what the deadline is for the school you're applying to.

I only applied to things in new york that I could get into. I'm not sure if I'm going to leave the city though. Probably the best colleges I got into are Binghamton U, University of buffalo, polytechnic U. Stony brook isn't that good, but it's close to the city. Gotta do some scholarships, cause I don't have enough to get into some of the colleges.

gr454rc.gif

when do you start filling applying for colleges? I havnt had time to ask my adviser for school yet.

Fall of your senior year is normal. Lots of kids don't start until the beginning of the second semester as well. It really depends on how quickly you want to find out, and what the deadline is for the school you're applying to.

thx for the help, its been bugging me not know when to apply.

tFtfA.jpg

Guest GhostRanger

thx for the help, its been bugging me not know when to apply.

No problem. Your senior year your counselors will probably bombard you with information about college. If they don't, I'm sure you could schedule an appointment with them and they'll help you out more than we could. :P

Wow, congrats to the people who have gotten accepted into college already!

I'll be a senior next year, so I have visited a couple colleges here in North Carolina. My number one choice is UNC Chapel Hill, the hardest state school to get into, I believe. If I don't get into there(I'm not sure what my chances will be for that), I will probably go to UNC Asheville, the third hardest state school to get into, behind N.C State, if I get in lol. These are all I have in mind for now. I'm taking my SATs next Saturday, so hopefully that will go well. I got about the equivalent of a 1250 on the old SAT on my PSAT I took Sophmore year, so hopefully I'll improve at least 50 points. I have a lot of community service mainly from things I have done with my youth group at church, and I enjoy to play sports. However, my class rank isn't very high, lower 60s out of 400ish students, but that was before I was able to take AP classes. I get A's and B's with the exception of C's this year in AP english. So hopefully my community service and SAT scores will outweigh my class rank.

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

I only applied to things in new york that I could get into. I'm not sure if I'm going to leave the city though. Probably the best colleges I got into are Binghamton U, University of buffalo, polytechnic U. Stony brook isn't that good, but it's close to the city. Gotta do some scholarships, cause I don't have enough to get into some of the colleges.

Bleh, Stony Brook is an amazing value school. When it comes to sciences, it's better than the schools you listed. It's easily one of the top SUNY schools. And Stony Brook Honors is very respectable. Also, if you like big schools, Stony Brook is the school for you. I don't know if you've ever been there, but it's HUGE. It's like it's own town. Literally, you don't ever have to leave if you don't want to, as it's got basically any store you need on campus. There are even shuttle buses to take you from class to class. Hell, it's even got it's own LIRR stop, so access to the city is very easy. About 90 minutes from Stony Brook to Penn Station. :P

UB and Binghamton are both good schools though. From all the tense changes in your post, I'm still not sure if you're in college or applying to them. You keep switching from the past to the future. Out of curiosity, where in New York are you?