Any "Hardcore" kids out there?

DiLord

Want to know what's hardcore?

sdl18y.jpg

That's hardcore.

I think that guy would do fairly well in a mosh pit. Would knock the hell out of all those emos :oops: .

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really not that hard to know the difference unless you're like 4 years-old.

i have no idea what ska is, ive heard the word before but thats about it.

hardcore all i think is techno

punk i think the movie SLC Punk

goth/emo wearing black clothes and calling yourself a nonconformist.

whats the difference between all of them? they all want to be part of group, but they dont want to be considered "normal". sounds like they all are going for the same thing to me.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Ska is very upbeat music. If you've ever listened to a band like less than jake, that's ska. They are almost a mix between some upbeat jazz and punk, in a way. I dunno, hard to describe.

heh, ska, hardcore, punk, goth, emo, its fun to see all these different kinds of groups people are in. i have no idea whats different about some of them, but whatever floats there boat is fine with me.

anyways, i listened to the masters of hard core volume 17 a lot, in fact its still in my car. i dont know why, i just like it a lot :P . i dont consider myself hardcore though, i dont know exactly what you have to do to be in that clique.

You'd probably be considered "hardcore" if you wore tight gilry pants, eye liner, danced hardcore at your local shows, Wore fingerless gloves, shoped for all your needs at goodwill.

That could even be considered "Emo" by some. I don't know, I do some of that, and I don't do some of that.

I too am not great with termanology and defining labels and cliques. I just kind of go with it.

I like harder music, screamo, I wear the tighter pants, small sweartshirts with my hood always up, a pair of fingerless gloves and I have a big pair pink aviators. I go to shows and dance and mosh.

I just kind of got defined by people as "hardcore" or "Emo" and just kind of went with it. Though I know I'm not "Emo" because I don't cry about stupid stuff, write in a journal, get emotional, or never once have I cut myself.

I'm honestly surprised this hasn't turned into a big flame going on. People have been reletively good, and I'm surpised. Keep it up! :D

Ska is very upbeat music. If you've ever listened to a band like less than jake, that's ska. They are almost a mix between some upbeat jazz and punk, in a way. I dunno, hard to describe.

That's probably the best example of Ska. And I like them. Trumpets, trombones, saxaphone, guitars, basses, all with an upbeat rock sound.

I'm not being relatively good, I think hardcore + emo + all that crap is well... crap. And you dress like a bithc.

You can't be "emo". Oh, and before criticising it, try listening to real emo bands.

I'm Jake Milroy

I never said anything about someone being emo :S?

Ive heard stuff like thrice, the used, dashboard confessional and i dont want to hear any more.

Well, for a start, that isn't emo. And refering to your earlier post, music genres don't "dress like a bithc".

I'm Jake Milroy

God, this entire Emo debtate is getting really old and boring. Get over it, all of you.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

That's probably the best example of Ska. And I like them. Trumpets, trombones, saxaphone, guitars, basses, all with an upbeat rock sound.

No that's not a good example. They don't even consider themselves ska.

Good examples of Ska are Reel Big Fish, Streetlight Manifesto, The Aquabats and Suburban Legends.

And Ska does not have to be up beat, is is basically Rock with a brass section. Not that hard to define.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

I'm not being relatively good, I think hardcore + emo + all that crap is well... crap. And you dress like a bithc.

Quit insulting everyone... No taste in music is better than any other taste and music and all you are doing is disrespecting everyone who disagrees with you. On top of that you are bypassing censors which is against the rules.

Also, try not to carry on 'one-on-one' debates on a public Thread. Do it in private messages instead.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

I like to drop kick and stab people at the shows.

Heh, good ole days when bands used to hire Hell's Angels as security :P

T'was sarcasm.

O RLY? :P

Mine was sarcastic too ^^

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me

I was going to just let this die like someone said, but since you guys are still keen on continuing the argument, go right ahead.

So purplecrayon, in all honesty, since you're posting alot on here, what are you making of this thread?

Good examples of Ska are Reel Big Fish, Streetlight Manifesto, The Aquabats and Suburban Legends.

And Ska does not have to be up beat, is is basically Rock with a brass section. Not that hard to define.

I'm almost certain less than jake considers themselves ska... they have everything that matches.

If they aren't ska, what are they? :/.

I'm almost certain less than jake considers themselves ska... they have everything that matches.

Pop / Punk / Metal

Pop / Punk / Metal

I'm going to out on a limb here that you got that from Myspace.com?

Do you realise most bands don't run their own websites? Less than jake is runned by FueledByRamen. Since Less Than Jake is the only Ska band runned by FBR, I'm going to guese they used those genres to catch the audience of the other FBR bands.

You know, even though it says they are a metal band, I can honestly say they aren't metal...

How come in the death metal topic you flamed it and said growling isnt music, but when someone posts a topic about a genre with growling, less skilled musicians and a far more abnormal "scene" you defend it?

I didn't defend anything... I just pointed out how obnoxious you were acting towards every single person that disagrees with you.