Any "Hardcore" kids out there?

DiLord

Is anyone into the kind of music where kids are 2-steping and doing death kicks? Going to one of the local shows to see your best friends bands play and te guitarest do back flips off of the drum stage?

Ganres I'm possibly taking about as I'm not good with them:

Metal

hardcore

Post Hardcore

Screamo

Rock

Grindcore

Bands:

Atreyu

Silverstein

(old) UnderOath

Chiodos

Greeley Estates

Screams of Serenity

Foxy Shazam

Senses Fail

It dies Today

As I lay Dying

The Electrician

Believe You Me

The Number 12 Looks Like You

Tears Of Augustine

Those are some of my favorites that I can think of at the moment. Is anyoe isnto that kind of music, or am I one of the only ones?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm Hardcore to the bone. There's nothing I'd rather do than browse myspace and listen to underground hardcore bands the entire day.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

As I lay dying is metal. I just saw them at Taste Of Chaos and there were PLENTY of people fricken dancing and moshing.

Same goes for Grindcore. The number 12 looks like you is considered Grondcore. I just saw then about 2 weeks ago and there were penty of people2-steping and dancing.

And is it sad that I totally knew what "Notsafeforyou" is haha. Notsafeforyou: A place for friends. =D

I'm Hardcore to the bone. There's nothing I'd rather do than browse NotSafeForYou and listen to underground hardcore bands the entire day.

You forgot about going to local shows and dying your hair, and talking about how hardcore you are.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

As I lay dying is metal. I just saw them at Taste Of Chaos and there were PLENTY of people fricken dancing and moshing.

Same goes for Grindcore. The number 12 looks like you is considered Grondcore. I just saw then about 2 weeks ago and there were penty of people2-steping and dancing.

Rofl no they arent, theyre hardcore. Or metalcore at best.

And i dont know too much about grindcore, but the type of grindcore i know would have and hardcore dances being being ripped apart by other fans.

And is it sad that I totally knew what "Notsafeforyou" is haha. Notsafeforyou: A place for friends. =D

as i lay dying is perfect example of metalcore and so is it dies today, i like most of the bands u mentioned and as u said i do go to local shows and watch a lot of friend play, i myself play guitar got vocals and drummer friend only need a bass player and hello my band!!

as for my bands that has a bit more core( ill mention some of the 1s u did as i listen to them too):

underoath

norma jean

bury your dead

cannibal corpse

atreyu-just like 2 songs cuz theyr sort of emocore so it gets me a bit bored to be real...

alexisonfire

chiodos-like 3 or 4 songs, other r too emo

black sabbath-father of metal thank them if u listen to them u would laugh like hey wtf this is like punk, well thats the 80s and 70s [bleep] same goes with KISS or AC DC which is hardrock

the number 12 looks like u-started listening to them a few daysd ago itsd an ok band i guess

judas priest- to be real i like all music that has a voice so ummm thin?? if thats how u call it in english

comeback kid

fear factore

in flames

from autumn to ashes-last CD SUCKED was so dam slow

poison the well

rammstein-german lol but not core actually...

showbread

the red chord

i could know make a list of 70s music and 80s but this is core theme, theres also hard punk which there r only a few bands i could think of atm

as i lay dying is perfect example of metalcore and so is it dies today, i like most of the bands u mentioned and as u said i do go to local shows and watch a lot of friend play, i myself play guitar got vocals and drummer friend only need a bass player and hello my band!!

as for my bands that has a bit more core( ill mention some of the 1s u did as i listen to them too):

underoath

norma jean

bury your dead

cannibal corpse

atreyu-just like 2 songs cuz theyr sort of emocore so it gets me a bit bored to be real...

alexisonfire

chiodos-like 3 or 4 songs, other r too emo

black sabbath-father of metal thank them if u listen to them u would laugh like hey * this is like punk, well thats the 80s and 70s wonderful person same goes with KISS or AC DC which is hardrock

the number 12 looks like u-started listening to them a few daysd ago itsd an ok band i guess

judas priest- to be real i like all music that has a voice so ummm thin?? if thats how u call it in english

comeback kid

fear factore

in flames

from autumn to ashes-last CD SUCKED was so dam slow

poison the well

rammstein-german lol but not core actually...

showbread

the red chord

i could know make a list of 70s music and 80s but this is core theme, theres also hard punk which there r only a few bands i could think of atm

I know what you mean about the From Autumn To Ashes CD. It is very slow to their other stuff I've heard.

What UnderOath do you listen to? Because if you listen to New UnderOath, you have to listen to old because it is so much better (Old si considered The Changing of Times and before that).

If you've heard Atreyus new stuff, stuff that is coming out on their new CD in a few days, I believe they are going to become one of the next MTV products as they've become alot softer which totally blows.

Been meaning to get a Comeback Kid CD FOREVER! I got them on a Victory reconrds CD from last years ToC and fell in love with them.

The # 12, is so dang talented and technical. It may not sound like it but they are extremely talented.

I haven't listened to alot of Norma Jean, I need to though, I've heard alot of great things about them. I'm just lazy, lol. Same goes for the Blood Brothers, need to check them out, but lazy.

I got a picture of me with Marc and Travis from Atreyu and one of them has a Bury Your Dead hoodie on. I haven't yeard much about them.

A few more bands I think I'm going to add are Aiden, Fith Street Heist, Refused, The Back Maria, The Hurt Process.

Can't forget about omgzzors! GREENDAY! lol.

I'm Hardcore to the bone. There's nothing I'd rather do than browse NotSafeForYou and listen to underground hardcore bands the entire day.

Subtle flamming is an art.

that it is, that it is.

But eh... lol hardcore. Realy don't know how any of that could be considered "hardcore" (more by the actual term of the word, not the type of music it is). Realy... dying your hair and listening to underground bands that everyone else listens to as well isn't realy "hardcore" ... it's just kind of... funny.

Subtle flamming is an art.

that it is, that it is.

But eh... lol hardcore. Realy don't know how any of that could be considered "hardcore" (more by the actual term of the word, not the type of music it is). Realy... dying your hair and listening to underground bands that everyone else listens to as well isn't realy "hardcore" ... it's just kind of... funny.

I never said anything about dying hair. That was some other kid being stupid. I haven't dyed my hair since I was in the 6th grade and I dyed it blonde when it was the cool thing to do. And did I say doing that stuff was hardcore? I tried using it for the music aspect.

Bu try "throwingdown" and 2 steping and doing "death kicks" That stuff is hard to master and it's pretty dang core if you can do it, and it's done to that type of music, thus Hardcore... I guese, or me saying that just made myself look extremely stupid.

I think it fits, makes sense to me. :lol:

I'm just posting my opinion on what the majority of these "hardcore kids" do.

Than again, doesn't realy bother me that much... but does make me laugh to see some guy in makeup headbanging :oops: :lol: . (note: This doesn't at all apply to you, I just hate that style of music).

2-stepping, isn't that that weird urban dance style from England? What does it have to do with 'hardcore'? And what the hell is a death kick??

21o4pav.jpg

2-stepping, isn't that that weird urban dance style from England? What does it have to do with 'hardcore'? And what the hell is a death kick??

Its when an rl noob sits in a concert and kicks the air cos he thinks its cool. When he is just making himself look like an idiot.

Heres some hardcore dancing, watch the ownage: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3oK0mGLtlAE

Oh, I was under the impression that it had something to do with that mysterious "Bo-Selectaaa".

But, I looked on Wikipedia, and I got to a "Hardcore dancing" article. :o

Hcd2.jpg

Example of hardcore dancing

Hahhaha

21o4pav.jpg

ROFL at the picture and movie. It does look incredibly stupid, but if done right, it's pretty hard. I know I can't do it rights, so I don't even try it because I know i'll look damn near [developmentally delayed]ed.

But it isn't about what you do, it' about what kind of music you listen to, lol.

AHAHHA

But it isn't about what you do, it' about what kind of music you listen to, lol.

So wait, whatever kind of music I listen to defines who I am?

Man, I'm so Ska.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

There is one pretty funny picture of a hardcore kid kicking a metalhead in the side of the face and blood started running out of his ear... I go to hardcore shows but I don't think I make a [developmentally delayed] of myself by "dancing hardcore"...

There is one pretty funny picture of a hardcore kid kicking a metalhead in the side of the face and blood started running out of his ear... I go to hardcore shows but I don't think I make a mentally challenged of myself by "dancing hardcore"...

I dance ska.

Otherwise known as skanking.

Man, I'm so hardcore-ska-post-hardcore-nu-metal-transisiton-emo-rock.

So wait, whatever kind of music I listen to defines who I am?

exactly.

I listened to atreyu recently and I thought they were cool, I didn't have any money so I couldn't buy their cd =\