Has chain drop on dusties changed?

MANwitSTIK1

Awhile ago, i was fighting dusties and i to my surprise, i got a chain after only fighting about 100 or so. This was when they went for 33 mil, so i sold it. At that time, a lot of others say they got a chain there too around the same time. Now im back at dusties and it seems no one is ever getting a chain. Ive killed thousands. Think the drop rate changed or did we just get really lucky earlier?

I am currently buying:

Green Drag Hides: 1500ea

Blue Drag Hies: 1800ea

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the first time u got a chain in about 100 kills, you got EXTREMELY lucky... ive heard the drop rate of a chain from them is like 1 in 50,000. i dont think theyd change the drop rate on it

This is my original signature. You can't touch this.

If theres one thing I despise it's people talking about the drop rates, there are no official drop rates for anything in rs, there are people that have gotten a chain on their first one and then there are people that have killed tons and tons To the person saying 50k till a chain, has anyone killed 50k of them? All in all, there is no official drop rate so people just need to stop trying to sound smart in saying that they know.

If theres one thing I despise it's people talking about the drop rates, there are no official drop rates for anything in rs, there are people that have gotten a chain on their first one and then there are people that have killed tons and tons To the person saying 50k till a chain, has anyone killed 50k of them? All in all, there is no official drop rate so people just need to stop trying to sound smart in saying that they know.

well there arent any offical drop rates, but jagex must have a system to determen the drops. So if there is a system then there is also a drop chance

well there arent any offical drop rates, but jagex must have a system to determen the drops. So if there is a system then there is also a drop chance

no it is just luck and nothing more then big luck like the wheel of fortune there is no way you know whast number comes out because u should always win then

i heard that d chain drop from dusties is a bug and it has been fixed.

then they should have fixed it at the beginning, not 1 year later when they were known for having d chain drop.

Lvl 109 main - retired

Currently playing:

Lvl 107 Rune pure with 99 range, 99 hp, 99 mage, 99 att, 99 str and 98 slayer

Lvl 200 Maxed with 114 dung.

Norge ruler!

i heard that d chain drop from dusties is a bug and it has been fixed.

*Sigh* The guy who said Abbyssal Demons drop Light Sabres told you this?

deadforumslol.png

The problem with dragon chains and drop rates is that those are so small. For instance: If the drop rate is indeed 1 in 50000:

This means you have a chance of 1/50000 of getting a chain, or 1-1/50000 chance of not getting a chain. Suppose you kill 50000 dust devils, the chance of not getting a chain is (1-1/50000)^50000 ~ 36.8%, which means that 100%-36.8% = 63.2% chance of getting a chain.

If you really want to figure out the drop rate, you'll need to kill much more than 50k dust devils. Not something a lot of people do.

phata_elise.png

no it is just luck and nothing more then big luck like the wheel of fortune there is no way you know whast number comes out because u should always win then

That might be true for the recipient of the chain, but certainly not true for the dusties that drop it. It might be as close as possible to "random" as to when they drop but it would still be within a defined numerical value. You cannot program "luck" so hence there has to be a drop rate.

Mordendravid.png

That might be true for the recipient of the chain, but certainly not true for the dusties that drop it. It might be as close as possible to "random" as to when they drop but it would still be within a defined numerical value. You cannot program "luck" so hence there has to be a drop rate.

i remmber being told by jagex that drop rates were like wheels. you had all the items on 1 wheel, but everytime you see a monster respawn it has a new one. when you kill it, that wheel is spun and your drop is set. but there is also a second wheel that has all rare items like d chains only excecible thru a special slot on the first wheel. this second wheel has d drops, gems, bloods, half keys, and in the case of tzhaar, higher amounts of tokul is my guess.......

This means you have a chance of 1/50000 of getting a chain, or 1-1/50000 chance of not getting a chain. Suppose you kill 50000 dust devils, the chance of not getting a chain is (1-1/50000)^50000 ~ 36.8%, which means that 100%-36.8% = 63.2% chance of getting a chain.

Are you sure?

sigbanksupportqd1.gif

Are you sure?

yes, he is right

nice to meet good student here :)

THANK YOU! (i was gonna say that :wink: )

i don't play psykick anymore... i play 2ed: "pure fett"

26081 to get 99 herblore

The problem with dragon chains and drop rates is that those are so small. For instance: If the drop rate is indeed 1 in 50000:

If you really want to figure out the drop rate, you'll need to kill much more than 50k dust devils. Not something a lot of people do.

missing your logic here....if it is 1/50000, then the chance of NOT getting on is simply 49999/50000. But i'm not sure it is 50000 and there probably is no definite #.