Examine total level.

Lets_3ekout

well, there are too many unapreciated skill pures in game. everyone considers them noobs without even knowing their skills (which are most of the time better then thiers!).

so i'm know thinking about a "examine total level" option in the right click menu.

this would not only solve so much conflict in game about judging people purely by combat but would give skill pures some recognition. they deserve at least some.

i thought of this when i saw a friendly looking level 3 (not an autoer, didn't look like one at all. he talked too) makeing natures on karamja and was called a noob by several people. when i asked why he was a noob they said "lok at combat rofl".

yes? no?

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Sounds like a good idea. Personally I would prefer if it showed the amount of time or even hours :shock:you've played on Runescape so then you could counterattack them by calling them a rs freak or such 8) but this could work as well.

548dba32.gif

.:: RSC Product ::.

.:: 116 Combat ::.

.:: 1777 Overall ::.

.:: Biggest Single Drop Log Ever ::.

I think it's a great idea. Why hasn't this been done a long time ago?

don't know, but i think overheard someone here on forums saying jagex don't exactly like skill pures, is that right?

slayermask3.png

I think it's a great idea. Why hasn't this been done a long time ago?

don't know, but i think overheard someone here on forums saying jagex don't exactly like skill pures, is that right?

I could see that, because they don't really want everybody starting 10 or 15 accounts for each skill. But it's not just skill pures who would benefit from this idea. It really would have a positive affect for everybody.

31509signature.gif

Or an option in the options menu to see total levels instead of combats. It could be flipped automatically when entering the wild.

av.png

People just need to learn to share crabs.
I'd prefer my nether regions clear of diseases, thank you very much.
just turn off accept aids

I think it might be good if the "level" people saw in game was proportionate to total skill level instead of just the seven combat-related levels it is based on now. Maybe an average of all skill levels? Instead of having a secondary option...I think this would be a better method.

...just a thought

The reason why they DO NOT do this is twofold. Firstly Jagex has had the Combat Level being displayed since the beginning (or at least for the most part). Secondly Runescape follows the RPG basic formula in regards to the games purpose. "Kill things, get stronger, kill bigger things". That's what all RPG's are about, fighting enemies and gaining levels to fight bigger things. All of these other skills are just filler to show that "You don't HAVE to fight if you don't want to".

This is coming from someone with only level 81 Combat and 1270 Total Levels

^^ I kind of agree with post above. Runescape is totally a combat-oriented game. Every single skill relates to making combat easier. Lookg at mining, it's to make bars to make into armor which is to be used for fighting. Fishing- fish to be cooked to be used in combat training, herblore, making pots that help combat.

It all leads back to combat, which is the main focus of Runescape.

how about having the level display change depending on where you are. if in the wildy, or other pking areas, you can only display combat level, for obvious reasons, but in other areas, there should be a way to change the skill level displayed. for instance, when mining, u can switch to display mining lvl. that way, everyone around u will stop saying "mining lvl?" to u every 2 seconds!!! :)

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

^^ I kind of agree with post above. Runescape is totally a combat-oriented game. Every single skill relates to making combat easier. Lookg at mining, it's to make bars to make into armor which is to be used for fighting. Fishing- fish to be cooked to be used in combat training, herblore, making pots that help combat.

if you look even deeper, runescape is actually about making money. Jagex may not treat it as such, but thats what skills and even combat really lead to... :?

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

if you look even deeper, runescape is actually about making money. Jagex may not treat it as such, but thats what skills and even combat really lead to... :?

actually, runescape is about haveing fun. i think that seeing total levels would be fun :?

but in-game wise it's about being the best, it doesn't revolve around anything. if you want to do a skill and just that you can do it. exlcudeing slayer, there is no need for combat for any skill.

slayermask3.png

One could just as easily say combat is for the purpose of raising your other skills. For instance, your combat level is to help fend off attackers while mining rune. It's all a matter of perspective, and by no means does everything lead back to combat for me.

31509signature.gif

One could just as easily say combat is for the purpose of raising your other skills. For instance, your combat level is to help fend off attackers while mining rune. It's all a matter of perspective, and by no means does everything lead back to combat for me.

he has got a point, it's just the way how you look to it; you can be a miner, woodcutter,... even if it doesn't relate to combat.

runescape is abt fun. it does not orientate over anything. you want to be a miner, so be it. you wan to be a warrior, so be it too. nobody can stop you.

this idea is not new though. but yea, it is a good idea. especially the one on showing your lvl when you are training that skill. for example, when you fish, it says lvl 82. instead of lvl 100. but that would confuse ppl too. like if a guy is fletching, he seems to be doing nothing. and he's fletchin lvl is 68. so instead of his lvl 91 combat, u see his lvl 68 fletching. and you say, "muahaha. u n00b."

nvm. there are obviously solutions to these. but the idea of showing total lvls is okay with me. but could there be an option to show f2p total lvl and p2p total lvl? lol. i feel like messaging jagex on removing all my member skills. i hate it when other members say "u hav a n00b total lvl". comeon, its only a few mths, and i wasted it away on quests.

and yea. those who call lvl 3 pures "n00bs" are n00bs themselves. cant they understand that to actually hav a lvl 3 character with 99 wc is actually more impressive than having a lvl 126 with 99 wc? its easier to train wc with a higher cb than the lowest cb. think. tree spirits. worse. i dunno how a lvl 3 miner can get so high in the scorpion infested place.

Yah i agree...DO IT JAGEX!!!!!!

(By the way:

strenght 60

attack 50

mining 65

smithing 55

toatal lvl 650 or something) ADD ME!! nuetronist (runescape username)

nuetronist.png

doomed8et.png<---Rofl!

If people saw totals instead of combats, I'd get a lot more respect. :P

I really like this idea.

My level three skill pure really suffers from this problem - people call me a noob. I, too, would be a lot more respected if people could see my skill total.

tek0705042a6479ro0.pngblipo1cd.png

good idea i guess.... but wouldnt it be better if people were just generally nicer to eachother, i mean even if someone isnt a skill pure and is lvl 3 or whatever, so what?! we've all been that lvl before

^ what he said...

The other alternative of course is just to ignore the people insulting you...

Mordendravid.png

good idea i guess.... but wouldnt it be better if people were just generally nicer to eachother, i mean even if someone isnt a skill pure and is lvl 3 or whatever, so what?! we've all been that lvl before

^ what he said...

The other alternative of course is just to ignore the people insulting you...

or just laugh at them because they must be pretty sad and get savagly bullied in real life, so the only way to make them feel like they are something and escape their messed up pathetic life is to go around insulting people with a lower cb lvl (or even a higher one in some cases lol) on a internet game :roll:

Firemaking.

Thieving.

Firemaking.

Thieving.

well in their own way they do, fire makeing cooks food so it can be used in combat, and thieving gives profit for combat and gems for ammys rings etc.

but i stand by what i said before, runescape is about what you like, not what others think it does.

slayermask3.png