eBay

flamestrike

I just started using ebay last week, and i think im addicted. Ive been saving my money for a car, but i have plently and i was prepared for ebay. I needed a part for my xbox and got it off. After such a smooth transaction i decided, hey i want a ps2 for kingdom hearts. Bought one of those. Then today i was like, hmm i need a new acoustic guitar, and boom bought it. I love this new found sport.

how did you reviece the package? like, did you have to be home in order to get it? did they drop it off and leave it at the door? how did the whole recieveing pert of the transaction go down, because my post on ebay died and no one answered my question.. lol

SDAlXLd.png

1543 Skill total, 100% F2P

Generally they will send you item(s) to whatever location you designate.

I get mine sent to my work, as I am never in during the day.

Once you have "won" the auction you get the choice to pay straight away.

I personally wait until they send me notification, just smooths up the process.

I would never use anything other than PayPal as it is secure and if the auction goes bad it is easire to get you money back.

(The only time I have ever had problems were with sellers with <50 feedback)

The way I avoid getting addicted to eBay is by only using it when I actually need to buy or sell something.

I am rather experienced with eBay so I you have any further questions i would be happy to answer them.

Ajc100.png

I quite lik eBay and dont use it that often but i agree it can be addictive. Hanging on until the last 20 seconds ot put a last minute bid in and going to "war" with someone else bidding far more than an item is worth just to "beat" the other person lol

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

It's bad to be addicted to ebay. I think it's even worse than NotSafeForYou, since your money is disappearing. :wink:

Although, ebay has some nifty stuff for sale! I'm planning to get a cheap FM transmitter and car charger for my Zen Micro so I can listen to it in my car. ($10 as opposed to $40 retail)

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

Not sure if anyone has heard about the scam people pull on ebay and paypal, but it is easier than it sounds to be able to get the product, pay and get your money back.

Basically, you buy the item. It gets to you and you complain to PayPal (not the seller) that it is faulty, they give you your money back (before they know you have returned the item) and tell you to send your item back and give them the code for it (during transfer). The buyer sends PayPal a track code but it is only an envelope. So PayPal thinks you have your money but not the item when you actually have both.

Illegal, but strangely genius.

Have fun at ebay, by the way. Just don't get scammed :wink:.

knkcopy.jpg

i hate when they rip you on the shipping handeling. The shipment of some simple items should not really cost like 20bucks :evil:

companies do that to save on ebay fees, generally the items with $20 postage are only going for 99 cents.

tmpphpnppgpw.png

i hate when they rip you on the shipping handeling. The shipment of some simple items should not really cost like 20bucks :evil:

eBay charges fees on the price of the item, not the shipping. They earn 100% of whatever the shipping cost is, but they lose some on the price of the item.:)

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

I always thought eBau only sharged a listing fee? Its paypal who charge money on income, thats why some ppl say you have to pay 2% more if using paypal.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

yeah i agree Ebay is great - i dont think you are the only one who is addicted i like never stop buying/selling on it, the paypal makes everything sooo much easier, and i do my runescape payments through paypal too. but it is annoying when the item doesn't arrive etc

but overall i love it :D

andy+sam202.png

I'm a bit weary of using paypal after searching paypal in google, and found this: http://www.paypalsucks.com.
If its on the internet it must be true.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi