Has Tip.it ever done any large scale research into drop rate

Taito2004

Hey.. I was just wondering if Tip.It has ever done any large scale into drop rates from popular monsters? It would be really usefull to know, and if they have, could soemone post the link to it here please?

If not, is it ever gonna happen? ..If it is, I'de gladly take part.. lol, just wud be a good thing to do probably.. like 1000's of kills of popular monsters to try get an average drop rate thing.

92/99 Fishing | 119/120 Combat | 92/99 Firemaking | 94/99 Fletching | 1878/1900 Total | 85/85 Slayer | 80/80 Prayer

5389_08e10c.png

7476_125ca6.png

This was mentioned yesterday, I dont think we have, Duke Freedom was saying he was suprised that we had not I believe.

If this could be done, a Barrows one would also be cool

- My skills are now really, really lame ! Time to fix that! -

Yeah.. I think they should try doing it, they could make an item database like runehq *ducks the objects that are thrown at him for mentioning rhq*.. except it cud have the drop rates on as well..

Ah well, myabe summat for the future.

92/99 Fishing | 119/120 Combat | 92/99 Firemaking | 94/99 Fletching | 1878/1900 Total | 85/85 Slayer | 80/80 Prayer

5389_08e10c.png

7476_125ca6.png

Yeah.. I think they should try doing it, they could make an item database like runehq *ducks the objects that are thrown at him for mentioning rhq*.. except it cud have the drop rates on as well..

Ah well, myabe summat for the future.

I could have sworn that Tip.it had some amazing plans for an item database. But besides that once I hit back to members and the command is to document our kills, Slayer here I come. We wouldn't need to kill 10,000 of each monster if many people come with their kills, that would give our average and then we all would live happily ever after... or something like that.

they should make a tip.it research team for stuff like this. id gladly join to contirbute.

me too

5389_08e10c.png

7476_125ca6.png

As far as I know, this hasn't been done before. I do agree it would be very interesting. It might be an interesting future project! But we need to be able to rely on the submissions we get, and there's no way we're gonna count 10k drops manually :P.

It probably will never get through, but it would certainly be cool. Maybe if we finish some other large projects, and jagex stops with their weekly updates for a while :).

Try posting this on the website suggestions board btw, might get the attention of the admnis there quicker!

I know what I know and what I know might well not be what you want to know but then seeing as only I know what I know and you do not know what I know then you will not know if what I know is what you would like to know

we would need an army of ppl killing monster fot 10000's times.

problem is that rare item drop rate isn't high, therefore we need to get 100's rare drops to determine semi-acurate drop rate.

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

it seems to me that a minimum of 100,000 monsters would need to be logged for anything that drops rares. THe estimated drop rates for some monsters hit 15K+ so even at 100K thats only like 6 drops. Instead of an items database it would be nice to have this added to the beastiary.

Pm me if you need anything proof-read, I may not be very good, but I am always willing to help.

A Seal Clubber is me!

A Oxygenarin is me!

6*9=42

It is a very good idea, but there is an extreme problem of time. If were trying to find the drop rate of dragon items. I was at Shadow Warriors for 2 weeks are so went from 85 to 92 Strength. Wich is around 14k Shadow Warriors if I'm not mistaken. I didn't get single drop. I can see this happening if everyone was looking for other items such as a Sapphire or somthing not so rare. I would glady contribute though, if there ever was such a "test" coming out. It would have to be very widescale for it to be even close to accurate though.

cyco_1.jpg

if this was ever done the way to not have to count it manually would be:

set up a form on a restricted tip.it page (where only the ones accepted can post info)

So it has maybe 5 monsters to start off with.

And everyone has a dam whats it called again the little white points where u can select one.

To select first the monster, then ROW or no ROW then come the options from the tipit monster database and they select which drop they got.

this way people could easily contribute their data and the computer can automatically count and make sensible drop rates out of it.

Actually, in RSC there were drop rates for some items. They were removed long before I became staff.

abomb67

'scaper since 2001

Tip.it Crew 2003-2007

- Guides and Beastiary

abomb67.png