Is anyone else self-suficcent?

Nanosauromo

I was wondering if anyone else does what I do. If I need some runes, I go craft them. If I need some arrows, I go fletch them. If I need some coal, I mine it. If i need some fish, I catch them.

Is anyone else like me?

chompysigpleaseswork.png

You only have to type four extra keys for me to not think "ur" an idiot.

solardeathray.teensupergenius.com

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought it would be cool to be but I'm most definately not. Later on once you get alot of money, you realize instead of fishing your 1k lobs you could buy 1k, and make the money for 5k lobs back in the time you could have fished them.

Maybe that's just me, good luck staying that way!

I'm definitely self-sufficient. I rarely buy materials from others, but often sell finished goods to other players.

Along with that, I've also been maintaining my Miscellania kingdom for over a year, which has helped immensely with my herblore (average 100-150 herbs each week, set at 80%) and about 1k coal per month (set at 10%).

What this has done is kept my funds low, so I'm not able to afford large quantities of materials with which to make stuff. However, if someone wants me to make stuff for them (d-hide or full mith armor, enchanted jewelry, craft runes thru laws, etc), I'm usually willing to help out.

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

I'm just too darn lazy. I can do (F2P things) I think anything but mine runite, craft diamond amulets and smith half of the mithril things and over.

Most people do this themselves, saying it's fun, and I completely agree. But I suually spend too mcuh of my time PKing.

sidewalksigpng9qg.png

Hazardmaster.png

since i mostly melee i just buy my own stuff because most of the things im fighting i get a large amount of cash from so its acctualy a waste of time for me to go and get my own stuff. But if i need something for a quest ill just make it myself. :roll:

There was a topic on this a while ago.

I see nothing wrong with spending some cash to save a little time.

There are some raw materials that just take too long to gather. Wool is one of them-- it takes forever to shear sheep for wool in mass quantities. I suppose I could take shears to the pen just outside of Lumby, glory to Draynor, and walk back, but the time invested vs. the money spent at the store in Ardougne-- well, it's cheaper to buy wool balls at the store.

Flax for bowstrings and rune essence are a little different-- you can gather flax in Lletya and spin it reasonably fast in Seers, and ess is fast if you have access to the Magic Guild. But yet people spend money on bowstrings and ess all the time.

I see a greater case for spending money on skills than saving up for rares (especially as they are so high now) but your mileage may vary.

I'm working towards being able to do that. As someone said, I'll probably end up buying some stuff eventually to level. But I want to be able to get stuff if I need it quickly, like fish for pking or smithing armour. Sadly, I'm still a long, long ways away. : P

I usually keep to my self since i got no friends on rs but my skills are getting up there so i can pretty much do anything on f2p except craft smith and make runes =\

Arma Hilts-2

Bandos Drops-22

Zamork Hilt-1

Dragon Drops-122

Dk Drops-47

Whip Drops-10

99's-Herblore/Prayer/Fletching/Crafting/Constitution

2200 Total in under 100 days played

My Blog :D http://forum.tip.it/topic/301717-jessomephyrexials-blog/#entry5018330

When I started I was 100% slef-effient. I could make my own steel armor. But eventualy my defence raised and I could use mith. I could'nt smith nor mine smith, so I bought it. Instead of getting waod leaves to make a blue dye for a matching blue cape, I just bought it off someone. Ever since then I've been less self-effience.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I fish my own fish.

I mine my own coals and irons because I like mining.

I fletch all my yew longs to alch so it gives me fletching exp.

BUT I never craft runes of my own except for airs, takes too much time. :oops:

Is that pretty self-efficient?

Edit; Oh, and I buy all the bowstrings and yews for the fletching. :oops:

94magesigid1.png

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=525348 - My Pking Gallery

I'M BACK FOR SUMMER BABY

I tried to be self-sufficient... but then I got to the point where I could wield mith and couldn't smith it. I've bought a bunch of things here and there (ex: party hats, santa hats, rune full, etc.) but when it comes to materials needed to raise skills, I'm pretty self-sufficient.