20 April 2006 - Rune Essence adjustment

biggy08755

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that moving teleporting thing is a good idea.. someone should tell that to jagex and hopefully take out this pure and unpure essence stuff
a moving teleport wouldnt do anything but add a few lines of code to the macroers program. This solves the problem in a very drastic way, but at the same time, it aint all that bad. At least now autoers are going to have to pay jagex more money to make their money.

which is what is going to happen.

ChewyShoe

Spider Egg

Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:45 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't, essence won't go lower than 10gp a unit if you ask me.

Pure essence will go way back up though, also if the problem is people trading for real life money, what makes jaqex think they won't just make memebers account? Its only $5 per account, I am sure a million sells for well over that. All I see is more incentive for the cheaters to p2p their accounts, which ends up in more money for jaqex.

Surprise surprise.

he is correct, more money for jagex, which means better quality staff and updates for us.

w4M8t.png

well...

first i didnt like it, because none of the members would mine ess, but now i see the bright side: Normal ess wil become cheaper, so im going 2 stand at the air temple shouting: Open!, Open! knight10071

and all the law and nat crafters will buy pure ess like 100 ea if this update has been a while, (because all member's ess changed into pure ess)

On the other side, FFL, this will be gone really fast i think, since they need 2 buy "pure" ess and this is maybe not worth the xp anymore, and ofcourse, the price of nats will increase, this means that alching is worth less

And NO one in f2p will mine ess (expect for people, like me when i was f2p, don't want to spend money on magic training) Earth strike FTW!

I think this is an update with a lot of con's and pro's

But JaGEx could've do this better with moving portals

Aurei_Animus.png

20 April 2006 - Pure Essence on free servers

It has been brought to our attention that some free players who used to be members have had their essence converted into pure essence which they now can't use.

Don't worry, we are aware of this and are working to fix it. In next week's update we will make it so that whilst free players can't mine any more pure essence they can however still use/trade any which was automatically converted.

If you haven't already read it, then please see the previous news post entitled Rune Essence adjustment for more details on the Rune Essence changes.

Update!

well today at 11:30 am 14 years ago i was born.. wo0t!!!
At 11:30 you should start holding your head underwater wo0t!!!
Stop acting such a moron.

this is my letter to jagex about this. I am so mad! :evil:

I am not an autoer and never have. I frequently report autoers at the yew trees. I recently have been buying rune essence to merchant. On april 19th I sold 35k ess and planned to sell 60k the next morning. I buy these ess for 25 each and sell 30 each. I have been working for a santa. Since you made this update I am out a lot of cash. I can't sell because members use pure essence. I would have made 1.8mil and now hav 5m if you did not do this! Now it is very hard for me to get a santa. I used to have my friend advertise for me at the fast free laws on 66. Now that it is pure esdsence none of them have use to buy it. I am combat level 40. My name is joshie410.

only 1 reason why did this this clearly...

all macroers must become member now

another proof how greedy jagex is..they dont care about macroers..

only there bank account matters.

*curses j4d3x..again..*

lmfao!! why the hell should jagex "care about macroers"??? macroers are rule breakers. either play by the rules or get shafted. geez

its kinda unfair now that every f2p player with a stockpile of ess in their bank has been changed to a "member's object" which is completely useless to them unless they get members. i think jagex should have changed all f2p ess to normal ess, so at least legit f2p runecrafters can still use the ess they have to make their runes

other than that i think this is a good move. and all you people ranting against jagex, you should focus your rage on the real reason for this update: the rule-breaking autoers. not a single person has expressed their anger at the mindless noobs that make level 3 accounts to make themselves rich, you guys are just looking at the update and feeling inconvenienced. well i got some news for you. its the autoers and rule-breakers that spoiled the rune essence market, not jagex

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

only 1 reason why did this this clearly...

all macroers must become member now

another proof how greedy jagex is..they dont care about macroers..

only there bank account matters.

*curses j4d3x..again..*

lmao!! why the hell should jagex "care about macroers"??? macroers are rule breakers. either play by the rules or get shafted. geez

its kinda unfair now that every f2p player with a stockpile of ess in their bank has been changed to a "member's object" which is completely useless to them unless they get members. i think jagex should have changed all f2p ess to normal ess, so at least legit f2p runecrafters can still use the ess they have to make their runes

other than that i think this is a good move. and all you people ranting against jagex, you should focus your rage on the real reason for this update: the rule-breaking autoers. not a single person has expressed their anger at the mindless noobs that make level 3 accounts to make themselves rich, you guys are just looking at the update and feeling inconvenienced. well i got some news for you. its the autoers and rule-breakers that spoiled the rune essence market, not jagex

I dont think you get it.

F2p ahs ess but can only make the elemental runes. If a f2p had a members item in their bank the ess became a members item.

Also since if macroers want to make actual money they need to become members.

Next is gonna be yew logs are members only, if that happens it really shows how greedy jagex is

well today at 11:30 am 14 years ago i was born.. wo0t!!!
At 11:30 you should start holding your head underwater wo0t!!!
Stop acting such a moron.

You all need to read the update again.

In it is says:

"We also track trades so we can ban the recipiant of the illegally obtained items"

HOW IN THE HELL ARE WE SUPPOSED TO KNOW WE JUST TRADED WITH A MACROER AND GAMBLE WITH OUR ACCOUNT???

They need to fix this. It is not possible for people to know that one character is a macroer and another is a legit player.

Unless Jadex comes up with a "I'm a macroer" symbol for all macroers to wear above their heads, I am never buying another piece of ess again!

ue5wr.jpg

Wow...I just scanned it with my new high tech program called "common sense" and it detected a scam.

I dont think you get it.

F2p ahs ess but can only make the elemental runes. If a f2p had a members item in their bank the ess became a members item.

Also since if macroers want to make actual money they need to become members.

Next is gonna be yew logs are members only, if that happens it really shows how greedy jagex is

if the ess in f2p account banks were changed to normal ess, then this wouldnt be unfair, because f2pers could still use the ess to craft their own runes or sell to f2p players or members that want cheap ess for low level rc.

if the ess in f2p account banks were all changed to pure ess (member's object) then that would be unfair, like i said before

i dont think you get get it. jagex is NOT obligated to make provisions for macroers who want to make actual money. this is breaking 2 rules. if you pay for membership, and you break rules, youll get banned and lose your account and not get refunded. this is the agreement you agree to when you make an account. jagex has a right to NOT let macroers that want to make actual money do so. do you have a problem with that?

and if this happens with yew logs, then yes, blame the macroers again. with yews you need a level 60 wc, but lots of noobs create new accounts and just let a macro run on them to chop logs till they get 60 in a day or 2, then they sell the yews cheap to members, or through real world auctions. and if this is the case and jagex needs to do something about it, they should. make yew logs a member object so you cant make money cutting them unless youre a member. or make f2p yews only burnable, and only member yews fletchable. this is a measure jagex will probably take next. but tough luck. dont be mad at jagex. this is totally the fault of macro-using real-world trading rule breakers. they are spoiling the game for legit ess miners and probably very soon yew cutters. dont make excuses for rule breakers. its jagex's job to eliminate tham, and thats what they are doing

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

Moving portal is quite a good idea, but it's still can't do anything to macroers. But at least we do something to the auto-ers. This update is not a good idea for me, but at least they do something. They need to do somemore updates to fix that. There're many reasons of why we don't like this updates...

You all need to read the update again.

In it is says:

"We also track trades so we can ban the recipiant of the illegally obtained items"

HOW IN THE HELL ARE WE SUPPOSED TO KNOW WE JUST TRADED WITH A MACROER AND GAMBLE WITH OUR ACCOUNT???

They need to fix this. It is not possible for people to know that one character is a macroer and another is a legit player.

Unless Jadex comes up with a "I'm a macroer" symbol for all macroers to wear above their heads, I am never buying another piece of ess again!

You need to learn to read and comprehend stuff properly.

What they actually say is that they track trades that give large amounts of RS money for free. This usually indicates that someone is buying RS money on sites like eBay. It says that the macroer's sell the essence for RS money (they don't say anything about the people that buy the essence), and then they sell the RS money for real money. They are cracking down on the people who sell and buy RS money for real money.

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

You need to learn to read and comprehend stuff properly.

What they actually say is that they track trades that give large amounts of RS money for free. This usually indicates that someone is buying RS money on sites like eBay. It says that the macroer's sell the essence for RS money (they don't say anything about the people that buy the essence), and then they sell the RS money for real money. They are cracking down on the people who sell and buy RS money for real money.

Excuse me, but you need to learn to read and comprehend yourself there bud. They never say they track trades that give large amounts of money for free in the update news. they say this:

"We also track trades so we can ban the recipiant of the illegally obtained items, but the abusers in this case were swapping the runes for gp, and then selling the gp for real world money on auction sites."

"ban the recipient of illegally obtained items"!! So as the previous poster stated buy ess from a macroer bam get banned.

I just got screwed, as an ex-member with my D hally and DDS still in my bank as well as some other stuff, i've just lost all the 3k ess i had in my bank, now it's a members object, which i cannot trade... DAMN IT!!!

Don't throw it away yet, JaGex just post that you'll able to trade it next week.

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

i think its a good move, i mean yes i see the annoyance of not being able to trade with f2p anymore for my ess, but so what, ill just spend sometime mining it. Its not all that bad.

We all moan about macroers, well now they did something about it and you are still moaning lol jagex cant win can they!?

Excuse me, but you need to learn to read and comprehend yourself there bud. They never say they track trades that give large amounts of money for free in the update news.

Of course the person buying the gp for real world money gets banned, because we track the money they received in an unbalanced trade to a macro account,

Unbalanced trades, i.e. large amounts of money given for free.

"We also track trades so we can ban the recipiant of the illegally obtained items, but the abusers in this case were swapping the runes for gp, and then selling the gp for real world money on auction sites."

They mean that they track trades of the essence being given to a macroers main account for use when runecrafting, so that they can ban the main account. By saying 'but the abusers in this case were swapping runes for gp' shows that they are not tracking the trades where a macroer sells the essence for a fair amount of money.

"ban the recipient of illegally obtained items"!! So as the previous poster stated buy ess from a macroer bam get banned.

Hence, this is not true. If you are concerned about it, send in a Customer Support query.

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

F2p ahs ess but can only make the elemental runes.

No, f2p can make the 6 'basic' runes with their f2p essence. Not just elementals.

There is still money to be made for f2p essence miners. They can make popular air and fire runes and after leveling a bit they will be able to make double and triple etc runes out of their ess.

Things will just take a bit more effort. Nobody has killed off essence mining. The balance just has changed. And maybe we can say the balance has returned to normality.

The price on the runes made from "pure ess" will rise, such as chaos, nats, deaths. But if they rise then the rune stores will just be bought out 24/7. The best thing for a member to do would be to make many Nature runes, since they cannot be bought in F2P rune shops, and then since the price will rise on those and members are the only solution the members can make more money. The "normal ess" will drop in price at the beginning since people are madly trying to sell ess. It will later rise to purchase because there will be more discouraged ess. miners (less ess. miners) meaning less product and more demand, increasing the price. I am pretty much just rambling on, but all I can say is this was a good update by Jagex. Now the macroers have to become members to macro ess. and as someone said this means more and better updates, and possibly more servers. This could lead to large updates...carpentry...POH's...though that is only a pipe dream.

Kudos on the update Jagex. :D

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

I don't dabble in the essence market, but I think this update is slightly irrational and not well-thought-out. I know Jagex is trying to act quickly to stop cheating in Runescape, but this does not seem to be the best answer. This solution punishes dedicated, rule-abiding players. Some make their Runescape income off of essence, yes, there are other ways to make money but why partition an item? This decreases opportunities for free-players to make money and also centralizes the "real" essence market to purely p2p.

Though their reasons are valid, the means to the ends is most definitely not approved or preferred by this Runescape player.

R

O

F

L

Sorry, but do Jagex actually think this will solve anything?

It just means the autoers will still mine the essence, still craft the air runes and still make absurds amount of money. Biggest pile of smeg I've ever read. It's a mockery of a sham of a sham of a mockery of a mockery inside a sham wrapped up inside of a mockery.

Oh man, to the staff member who conjured up this beauty, give him a Darwin award! :lol: