stop getting scammed idea

chad8710

Allright i have been thinking about this for about one month now and this is my idea......... Allright, since most scams are people switching out money for a lower amount hopeing the buyer doesnt notice. We allready have the second window and checking it but we need more and a good idea for this is my idea. It is another window that pops up when the person changes the amount of money they have in the trade box. Yes, Yes it might slow down the trade for what a good 5 seconds while the buyer checks what the seller is trying to do but seriously it is worth it.

I personally think this is a great idea to stop the scamming people do because some people can switch out that money so fast you barely even notice.........Tell me what you think good or bad and possibly a way to improve the idea.

or maybe they could learn to read the next post... no silly me, that would involve using a couple of brain cells

Back by popular demand!

And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade, that you aree the reason, that I am not afraid, and I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall, that we will be together soon if we will be anything at all.

surely if they are gettin a good deal, they wont care about a small screen saying "you are about to get svammed because he just took away 100mil"

Back by popular demand!

And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade, that you aree the reason, that I am not afraid, and I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall, that we will be together soon if we will be anything at all.

wrong forum? And this would produce lag, but sometimes u get excited at a good deal and switch over...happened to my friend. Oh well, i think what we have is good, and jagex keeps giving us these dandy reminders on the login screen. :o

cool idea... got scammed from a cannon like that

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

:roll: sheepdean ... thats why Jagex introduced the 2nd screen into the trade!!! If people are stupid enought NOT to look at the 2nd screen before pressing Accept than ints their fault and scammers are not entirely to blame. So lets shift some blame from scammers onto the people that dont bother to read the 2nd screen. After all scammers are out there for the sole purpose to catch you out NOT reading the screen! Thats why they were born and ivolved.

So slow down you daft aipoth.

untained.png

untained.png

untained.png

I personaly think there should be a list of the last people you traded with. Say about 10 people or so. Which would allow you to report there names to Jagex.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Want a better idea?

Don't let players take items off of trade screen.

Could you get any more stupid?

Please tell me you were joking . . .

The question could be turned right back around on you really... Because from my point of view, KingofLodis, you're the one being stupid.

His idea makes a lot of sense. Why? Because if they can't remove items in the trade screen... they would have to cancel the trade. Therefore the only way someone could scam would be so painfully obvious that you would almost have to be a fool to fall for it. Then again... we have plenty of fools roaming about right now that would probably still get scammed. It still was a good idea.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

I personaly think there should be a list of the last people you traded with. Say about 10 people or so. Which would allow you to report there names to Jagex.

That sounds like a good idea like have a new button on the side that shows the last active trades you had with other players for like within the past 10 min or so.

I do not like the third window idea becuase it is the same as the second window idea and I feel thay people who do fall for that scam just continue to hit accept until the trade is completed without reading becuase they are in a ruch. It would be a waste of memory space. Plus also what if they change it a whole bunch of times?! Wouldn't that be a bunch of windows telling you the changes? You would never get outa that trade and it would be very annoying.

Maybe later you will come up with a better idea.

~Aprzepioski

aprzanimateddarkci0.gif

Nice feedback i see what you mean with the lagg and extra screens poping up everywhere but if the people could just offer the right amount of money the first time it wouldnt be any trouble. This was just an idea to take into consideration. I didnt want to get flamed about my idea but I guess thats how it works, if someone thinks something will slow down thier computer....... Hey you could even have a button to turn a 3rd window on and off, I know i would like to have that in world 2 sometimes. Also haveing a list on the side that shows the names of the last people you traded with would be a good idea. I'm still curious to see what people have to say, so tell me!

Want a better idea?

Don't let players take items off of trade screen.

Could you get any more stupid?

Please tell me you were joking . . .

The question could be turned right back around on you really... Because from my point of view, KingofLodis, you're the one being stupid.

His idea makes a lot of sense. Why? Because if they can't remove items in the trade screen... they would have to cancel the trade. Therefore the only way someone could scam would be so painfully obvious that you would almost have to be a fool to fall for it. Then again... we have plenty of fools roaming about right now that would probably still get scammed. It still was a good idea.

y2, and you turning it back on him maybe be considered stupid by you(however, i do not think you are stupid), since you the person "scamee" cannot physcially or any other way, stop them from doing so.

however, i like the idea of cancel if anything is changed from the original posted item/amount, however this would make trading annoying, how many times have you typed in the wrong #? or like 1 less or too many 0's or accidently clicked something extra, it would be a hassle, but hey we are getting really lazy these days so maybe a lil work will help straighten out the community....one can only hope

Personally, I don't think we need something like that.

I believe half the blame falls on not the scammer, but the person who didn't check the second trade screen. Anyone who got scammed like that obviously didn't check the second screen. It is clearly written out what the item(s) are.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .