Yay for Jagex. No more f2p wars.

DragonFirenze

The new update has made west of gds and the area surrounding it so hilly its practically impassible. I have no idea how f2p wars are supposed to be conducted, i just hope they havent ruined poison woods. Still, this entire update has just been one big nightmare for pkers and clan members like. Jagex had better decide to do something about this before clan wars become no more .

Lvl 80 construction.

Dragon Drops: 11 (4 Chains, 2 Axes, 1 Med, 2 Skirts, 1 Legs, 1 2h)

God Wars Drops: 4 Zamorakian Spears, 1 Godsword Shard 1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly dont see why jagex would do this :x . As for the fight pits thing i doubt they would make something that good f2p..

Lvl 80 construction.

Huggers were a real problem before, so people started moving wars to members gates. But now that option is gone so im really not sure where the wars will end up. I havent actually looked east of greaters (logged off infuriated acutally :? ) but i hope its a decent place.

Lvl 80 construction.

Impassible?

Lol. I was walking all around there with no problems.

The new terrain is great, if your on a hill you can see all around.

And if your not, then you can't see squat.

Sounds like realistic battle strategy is needed here.

Take them hills. :wink:

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Trem i suggest you try fighting there with about 100 people on each team. Its going to be a pain to find people, use existing strategys. How can you rush someone when all you see is them bobbing up and down...

Lvl 80 construction.

Sorry I don't know existing strategies, I'm just an outsider/skiller. (They are probably just type *so and so on him* and the right click on him :lol: )

All I see is a new opportunities for strategies like mages and archers being able to pick targets at will from atop the hill.

And for a formidable downhill rush by meleers.

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Id agree with you if there was ONE hill but theres like 50 of em around there.. Its just a shocking place now.

Lvl 80 construction.

Sorry I don't know existing strategies, I'm just an outsider/skiller. (They are probably just type *so and so on him* and the right click on him :lol: )

All I see is a new opportunities for strategies like mages and archers being able to pick targets at will from atop the hill.

And for a formidable downhill rush by meleers.

Except you cant change camera angle.Basicly in a war,clans defending will have a advantage because they know who there gonna attack unlike attackers who will be rushing blind.

Also east of gd's is single wilderness.By gd's the only single place was 10 wildy levels down or so to chaos dwarves and it was a very small area.Now there is a huge area.

This update has severely crippled the wilderness again.

Except you cant change camera angle.Basicly in a war,clans defending will have a advantage because they know who there gonna attack unlike attackers who will be rushing blind.

Actually, thats my point.

The hill offers an advantange to those who hold it as they can rush down without being so short sighted as those rushing up.

Hill taking has been big strategy in real world fighting for foreever.

It would be interesting if runescape could have its own version of this.

Then again I wonder if runescape is designed for large clan wars.

I am beginning to think not.

Golvellius.png

Actually, thats my point.

The hill offers an advantange to those who hold it as they can rush down without being so short sighted as those rushing up.

Hill taking has been big strategy in real world fighting for foreever.

It would be interesting if runescape could have its own version of this.

Then again I wonder if runescape is designed for large clan wars.

I am beginning to think not.

Hills wo do nothing other then make pking worser then it already is.

I can pretty surely tell you that this place will NEVER take off in the clan community. Its completly biased to a defender now. Wars will have to move.

Lvl 80 construction.

No offense Dragon, but the update's been out an hour and you are screaming bloody murder.

How would this affect wars? Heck, I think it would make it more fun. And Wars are ALWAYS biased to a defender, RL or in RS. Heck, I might enjoy PKing now that there is some change of scenery up there.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

No offense Dragon, but the update's been out an hour and you are screaming bloody murder.

How would this affect wars? Heck, I think it would make it more fun. And Wars are ALWAYS biased to a defender, RL or in RS. Heck, I might enjoy PKing now that there is some change of scenery up there.

No because attackers could actually use formations.Also when they put a cursor over the pile,it would show whos on top and everyone would see the same.Now they cant really use that since they cant see who there attacking.

Im screaming bloody murder as most of the clans will be. It wont make it more fun, for either side. Try to find someone on that thing. Its darn near impossible.

Lvl 80 construction.

Yeah, going without terrible F2P wars would just be such a terrible thing. :roll:

Seriously...I've been to wars, and I think theyre one of the stupidest things ever. 100s of morons running around in full rune with a scimmy doing tons of 0s....fun fun fun.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Seriously...I've been to wars, and I think theyre one of the stupidest things ever. 100s of morons running around in full rune with a scimmy doing tons of 0s....fun fun fun.

Meh to you.

F2p Wars have just taken a major setback. I havnt been there yet but those hills look awful to be on. Ty Jagex :roll:

o