Yay for Jagex. No more f2p wars.

DragonFirenze

So you guys hate it because of the mysticism? Heck, I'd find that kinda fun, not knowing who you are going to run into.

It's a clan war, not a picnic. You're basically complaining that the Wilderness is too dangerous now. And?

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Barihawk. Also it would make the wars more realistic. Imagine fighting a war in the forests of Western Washington (where I live). You would never be able to see the battle field. Thats the same thing with the Wilderness now. I might actually go pking now... :)

R.I.P The Old Nite. Heroes get remembered. But Legends never die. You were truly a Runescape Legend

newbankofrsyq0.gif

No... people are complaining that the clan wars will be to one sided to even make it possible to have a fair fight. I really enjoy f2p clan wars and I hope that there is a new area for multi-clan wars in the wild now =x

minisigdz6.png

Runescape Dinasty Moderator

No... people are complaining that the clan wars will be to one sided to even make it possible to have a fair fight. I really enjoy f2p clan wars and I hope that there is a new area for multi-clan wars in the wild now =x

Isn't the whole point of a war to find your enemy's weakness and exploit it? Both sides of the clans would struggle to control the hills. The hills would see the bloodiest fighting of the clan wars...just like real wars.

I may not be in some uber fancy clan, but I think I would get more fun out of this now. It's less...boring up there.

And the Volcano is AMAZING for DMs.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Sorry I don't know existing strategies, I'm just an outsider/skiller. (They are probably just type *so and so on him* and the right click on him :lol: )

All I see is a new opportunities for strategies like mages and archers being able to pick targets at will from atop the hill.

And for a formidable downhill rush by meleers.

You could not be more right :D People like to think there is some strategy to wilderness wars but really its just point and click the names called out. THis actually adds a new, more realistic element to war.

Torlen.png

Isn't the whole point of a war to find your enemy's weakness and exploit it? Both sides of the clans would struggle to control the hills. The hills would see the bloodiest fighting of the clan wars...just like real wars.

I may not be in some uber fancy clan, but I think I would get more fun out of this now. It's less...boring up there.

That would be all fine and dandy if there was 1 stupid hill,there are tons.As for volcano dming,theres something we have called pjers.I could talk more about them if youd like :D

That would be all fine and dandy if there was 1 stupid hill,there are tons.As for volcano dming,theres something we have called pjers.I could talk more about them if youd like :D

Well, look at the Korean War...there were lots of hills there, too. It won't hurt wars too much, It'll make them more fun...as long as you are there for fun and not for free stuff.

And I know all about PJers. The tip there is to make sure you are alone before you fight. Not to mention that a quick getaway to the level 13 wild is only a few steps away.

Untitled.png

Well, look at the Korean War...there were lots of hills there, too. It won't hurt wars too much, It'll make them more fun...as long as you are there for fun and not for free stuff.

And I know all about PJers. The tip there is to make sure you are alone before you fight. Not to mention that a quick getaway to the level 13 wild is only a few steps away.

Are u seriously comparing rs wars with rl wars? I think that's totally inappropiate.

867de2w.jpg

What can I say? I'm a rebel, like Ché Guevara.

8fcsy9s.jpg

What the hell is Ash doing while Team Rocket says their rhyme?

Are u seriously comparing rs wars with rl wars? I think that's totally inappropiate.

Lmao :lol:

Rsn: Scouit

Why shouldn't I? The tactics are almost the same. If people are allowed to compare the runescape economy with a real life economy, why cant battle tactics be applied?

It's not like I am disgracing the soldiers who fought those wars.

In addition, here is my theory on the hills:

They give skillers, clue hunters, rune miners, and dragon slayers a fighting chance. Which I think is totally fair after spending years getting attacked just for stepping foot into the wilderness.

The only change I ask is that east of the greaters becomes multi. That area is awesome for wars and its not likely for anyone to wander there without good reason (ie no skills or monsters to train on there)

Untitled.png

Why shouldn't I? The tactics are almost the same. If people are allowed to compare the runescape economy with a real life economy, why cant battle tactics be applied?

It's not like I am disgracing the soldiers who fought those wars.

In addition, here is my theory on the hills:

They give skillers, clue hunters, rune miners, and dragon slayers a fighting chance. Which I think is totally fair after spending years getting attacked just for stepping foot into the wilderness.

The only change I ask is that east of the greaters becomes multi. That area is awesome for wars and its not likely for anyone to wander there without good reason (ie no skills or monsters to train on there)

The whole of runescape is HUGE, non pkers have 95% of the map where they can wander freely without fear of being attack.. all us pkers are asking for is our own place that we fight in to be left alown for us to fight in... after all, that is the idea of the wilderness...

Jagex seem to have a habit of trying to fix things when theyre not broken

clans in runescape dont exist. there are no clan events or clan structure in the game. jagex doesnt care about player-made groups that call themselves clans. so they dont really care what happens to clan wars and so on

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

i agree wiv barihawke here, this is a real change to turn mindless (and totally skilless, not counting the player's actual levels) into a fun and more strategical thing.

It will have people worrying about postioning, timing, and just who will be over the next hill. it alows proper strategic moves such as flanking and will give mages and rangers a much better chance.

And even if i am wrong, you should wait until there has been some good sized wars there before you say how rubbish it is.

sigbanksupportqd1.gif

... non pkers have 95% of the map where they can wander freely without fear of being attack..

For F2P, it's more like 60%...

all us pkers are asking for is our own place that we fight in to be left alown for us to fight in...

But does that work the other way too?

That is, will PKers leave non-PKers alone if they are in the wildy on non-PK activities?

I didn't think so...

after all, that is the idea of the wilderness...

For F2P, the wilderness is a lot more than a PKing place.

For example, in F2P, the wilderness is the only place to

-- fight greater demons

-- get a sapphire spawn

-- mine runite ore

-- get a cosmic rune spawn

-- get a chaos rune spawn

-- fight chaos dwarves

-- fight bandits

-- get big bone spawns

-- get the best store prices

-- get planks

So, there are plenty of non-PK reasons to be in the wilderness.

Jagex's update might be aimed at addressing some concerns of non-PK players.

The whole of runescape is HUGE, non pkers have 95% of the map where they can wander freely without fear of being attack.. all us pkers are asking for is our own place that we fight in to be left alown for us to fight in... after all, that is the idea of the wilderness...

Jagex seem to have a habit of trying to fix things when theyre not broken

That's pretty elitist. The wilderness is there for risk. You want to risk so that you can kill people and get loot. Skillers risk for enhanced training at the cost of possibly being PKed. Clue hunters don't even have a chance in the matter, and risk death for a gamble.

I'm not a total skiller. I went PKing just yesterday. And I am getting sick and tired of this elitist PKer vs Skiller debate. Just get along and kill eachother, for Pete's sake.

I'm not asking for you to give up killing people just because they skill. Just don't whine like a baby when you're HUGE advantage over them is diminished.

Untitled.png

You whine far too much for this kind of decent update. From what I saw in pictures, the hills will be an interesting twist to wars and PKing.

If you don't like it, don't PK or fight clan wars. If you still want to PK or fight clan wars, live with it.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

East of gds is no multi anymore, its now single zone.

Goodbye f2p pking

Exactly- i dont know who in jagex suggested that but it wasnt a good idea in many people's opinions.

About the hills, ill have to try them for myself.

118+ combat

1730+ total

85 slayer

95 mage

94 range

East of gds is no multi anymore, its now single zone.

Goodbye f2p pking

Exactly- i dont know who in jagex suggested that but it wasnt a good idea in many people's opinions.

About the hills, ill have to try them for myself.

I don't mind east of the GD, but in my opinion the ruined castle is worthless as a single zone. It's even more of a perfect place for a melee war than west of the GD's.

The hill's arent bad. I ran a few tests with another explorer up there and you can manipulate the camera to get beads up the hills.

Untitled.png

Sorry, I don't know if someone posted this already, but here is what paul had to say on the Single Combat zone:

Paul 24th April 2006

Hmm yes didn't think of that.

You're right it's not ideal having a singleway combat area in the middle of the main multiway wilderness.

We'll change all that volcano area etc to multiway combat.

Will have to be done for the next full game update.

that sort of thing isn't possible as a quick fix.

===

~Trumpet