Yay for Jagex. No more f2p wars.

DragonFirenze

I really don't see how some hills ruin pking or wars... :roll:

And even if it somehow magically does manage to ruin them, it's not that hard to move the war to the new Volcanoe(That'd be sweet 8) ) or the new ruins(With the walls everywhere) in the wilderness. :wink:

Perhaps, they added these hills so that wars would be held in a more interesting place, like the Volcanoe, instead of plain and boring grey ground like the members gate.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't see how some hills ruin pking or wars... :roll:

And even if it somehow magically does manage to ruin them, it's not that hard to move the war to the new Volcanoe(That'd be sweet 8) ) or the new ruins(With the walls everywhere) in the wilderness. :wink:

Perhaps, they added these hills so that wars would be held in a more interesting place, like the Volcanoe, instead of plain and boring grey ground like the members gate.

I'd agree with you if the Volcano was multi. Members gate -> Greater Demons still is the best place to have wars and the hills make it hard to navigate. Lets face it, there isn't much more to wars than pile calling and killing a particular person so all they need to do is find the target. The hills make it rather hard to do this.

Just a while ago i was hoping for an update like this, but i don't think clans were a high priority when they did it. Oh well :?

there are alot of people who play this game and one of them is going to find a good sport of place to set up wars you just gota wait and yet everyone adjust to the new wilderness

Please click below to help with my ICT A Level, for which I have to monitor my website for 8 weeks, hits and feedback welcome.

http://www.chauncystweb.co.uk/sm

Feedback page now up and working.

there are alot of people who play this game and one of them is going to find a good sport of place to set up wars you just gota wait and yet everyone adjust to the new wilderness

Actually, we just have to wait a week. A few post up is a message from Paul in which he says that in the next major update they will fix the mutlizone.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Every clan in RS now hate Jagex. All clan wars, F2P OR P2P, are set on GDZ plains by the member gate. Now the defending clan (the clan which waits for attack, in clan war terms) will dd on the hilltop and mages and rangers will barrage the incoming clan.

Trust me, every clan does, I'm in Cor chatroom right now and....umm let's jsut say it's burning in here.

sidewalksigpng9qg.png

Hazardmaster.png

Every clan in RS now hate Jagex. All clan wars, F2P OR P2P, are set on GDZ plains by the member gate. Now the defending clan (the clan which waits for attack, in clan war terms) will dd on the hilltop and mages and rangers will barrage the incoming clan.

Trust me, every clan does, I'm in Cor chatroom right now and....umm let's jsut say it's burning in here.

Paul 24th April 2006

Hmm yes didn't think of that.

You're right it's not ideal having a singleway combat area in the middle of the main multiway wilderness.

We'll change all that volcano area etc to multiway combat.

Will have to be done for the next full game update.

that sort of thing isn't possible as a quick fix.

They are fixing it. Tell you're clan friends to hold thier horses.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Who cares, if your f2p you don't deserve to have the wilderness.

Your logic is flawed. Clan wars (p2p or not) are almost always held on f2p worlds.

Untitled.png

I havent seen the new updates so i cant comment on the change it will make.

But from the pictures i have seen, I think it will be really good to see a deathmarch through the hills.

BK.

k me and 4 of my friends we wanted to see how the hills effect viewing on the mini map you may be able to see but it takes way to much work to get the camera into view to see anyone its jus to hilly ive only been in 2 wars and they were in that area i liked it the way it was i like it when they do graphic updates but all those people who did the updates it seems dont play it as much anymore so dont know much about the going ons and keep doin bad or useless updates and also what is with tortoise shells and giant snail shells cant use them for anythin so far a waste of space and what about those birds eggs are they ever gonna be anythin but a waste of space

tifsig3pw9.png

jese1mz7.png

It is the people who dont understand clan pking and warring who are supporting this idea. The hills dont make binding any easier to the person who suggested this. The bind-follow system already struggled enough on a flat plane and chasing people around in this area, how it will do in this new terrain will not be pretty.

I wish jagex could of just left this part of the wilderness alone. Pking and warring in a clan was the last thing that keeps me and many other people attached to runescape. Looks like we will have to see how this new area effects pking over the next couple of weeks.

Wow you people really have no ideas how wars work. Whoever compared rl to rs wars is definatly off the plot. The idea of a war is to kill the opposing team, and mainly you pile one person. Id like to see a full scale clan war run flawlessly on the new area. If you havent been in a war or simply dont care then get off this topic. I dont want to hear you spammy, flaming posts any longer.

Lvl 80 construction.

Dragon Drops: 11 (4 Chains, 2 Axes, 1 Med, 2 Skirts, 1 Legs, 1 2h)

God Wars Drops: 4 Zamorakian Spears, 1 Godsword Shard 1

a few notes about the portals

they look like a teleother, but i've heard someone say they got tbed and activated one and sent the predators away

they are p2p only( i tried on f2p)

i like the hills, although i didnt really go there