Think about Buy World of Warcraft

cluck

Before I gonna buy World of Warcraft and I still don't make decide if I gonna buy WOW yet even I played Warcraft 3 before. I know there have monthly fee but ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã8.99 in my homeplace and I can afford it.

But main reason is "is this worth game?" Don't tell me like "IT'S OWNS", "BEST MMORPG EVER" etc. I just want to know how this good game is and why people claim it's great game. I don't want to waste my money to buy this game if I play it for a few days or weeks then don't play again.

Please post here. :wink:

PS. If you start notice something about me. Yes I don't play Runescape a lot as I did last year ago. You'll probably see my stats as one of reasons. But I play Runescape for fun at the moment.

It's good fun from 1-60, but after then it gets boring thanks to how serious people get, and how you can't do anything worthwhile without a large group.

I heard about 1 to 60 levels before. Are there other features like improve skills, doing anything myself rather than having group for longer time (like walk around the world, kill monsters without help, training myself etc) and events etc?

You can do lots of it by yourself; that's how most people get to level 60. Most of the game, however -- the important bits, that is -- require larges groups of people.

I too found the people who take it that seriously annoying. It became more about politics than about playing a game, which I wasn't really interested in.

I too found the people who take it that seriously annoying. It became more about politics than about playing a game, which I wasn't really interested in.

Strangely, in the same reason, that will attract some people, as they may want to have a submerssive experience.

It's definately a point you'll have to consider: Do you want a game to be good fun without much emotional involvement required, or are you looking for an enveloping experience?

Strangely, in the same reason, that will attract some people, as they may want to have a submerssive experience.

It's definately a point you'll have to consider: Do you want a game to be good fun without much emotional involvement required, or are you looking for an enveloping experience?

It isn't immersive though. It is breaking the game down systematically so you can beat it by exploiting strategies you have worked out by knowing the mechanics. It just makes the game so clinical and mathematical that it isn't immersive at all.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

If your around the age of 10-13 you'll fit right in with the community.

Serriously though, there are a lot of mid teenager's on that game, and thus, the community realy lacks. Plus (I personaly) can not get over the cartoony look of the game.

Don't let me deter you from buying it though, because I just don't like the game.

Serriously though, there are a lot of mid teenager's on that game, and thus, the community realy lacks. Plus (I personaly) can not get over the cartoony look of the game.

Don't let me deter you from buying it though, because I just don't like the game.

Do you know Runescape have lots of teenagers as well as rest of MMORPGs?

I don't care about cartoon look of the game. Some games that I like are kindly cartoon like SSX, Dark Cloud, Dragon Quest 8 etc. Cartoon look of the games don't mean label as kid games. Same for many cartoon television programmes.

Ive played it for about 2 weeks now, its a preatty good game acutly. As long as you arent one of those people who takes it too seriously, and arnt planning to grind the game all 24 hours of the day (i wish to play more, but i only average 1 hour a day) then its preatty good. I like how big the world is, its bigger then oblivion, and there is tons to explore. Also with the proffesions, it gets interesting because you cnat become self sufficent.

I recomend it. (i dont play on a pvp server yet, but i hear its alot of fun because you can wage full out battles). If you ever make a character on BloodHoof, look up NightFetcher.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Do you know Runescape have lots of teenagers as well as rest of MMORPGs?

I don't care about cartoon look of the game. Some games that I like are kindly cartoon like SSX, Dark Cloud, Dragon Quest 8 etc. Cartoon look of the games don't mean label as kid games. Same for many cartoon television programmes.

Why I said I personaly can not get over that, it's my opinion (of course), not fact :).

That being said, runescape has a ton of teens in it, and look at it's comunity (there are always the exceptional people, but for the most part its bubbling with idiots...)

anyways, you asked for our opinion on the game, so I stated it. But then again I like a more realistic fantasy setting :) (why i'm playing EQ2 atm).

as far as teens, I ment mid teens, like 13-15 years old. More like younger teens, but whatever.

I think the game is great and have been playing it for a little over a year. I think the community in some ways is better than RuneScape's due to a variety of reasons. I do disagree with the "10-13" part and do not think that fits well at all. While you run across some younger people (and you can tell), there are many older people playing it as well as people in their late teens. You are hardly inundated with junk messages - I've never had to turn "General" chat off at all. I find the community to be much more mature than any I've experienced. (Again, I know there are a few oddities and people who are extremely immature - but overall, it's great).

I am a person who prefers to solo and with WoW, you can do that. I've played a Priest, Mage, and Druid. While the priest got tough to solo with at around 55-60 (when I respecced out of shadow), it was still possible. Games like City of Heroes require a LOT of grouping and while that may be ok for some people, I still prefer to solo - which is totally possible in WoW. Getting to 60 and having PVP fun along the way is all up to you. The grouping system in WoW is very well coordinated also. It's so easy to find a group and people are often very nice and communicative when grouping. Don't think that finding a group is a daunting task - it really isn't!

Once you hit level 60 (and want to get better gear), you will have to do some 20/40-man raids (or private missions). These often take hours and while it isn't required, being in a guild with ~forty 60s helps a lot. Raiding at level 60 can be boring for some people. It's fun at first but can easily get tedious. Still, for people who aim to get the best gear possible, it isn't exactly a horrible way to go about it. The guild and DKP system is very advanced and it works. I think it also helps that WoW provides many community-like opportunities so it makes it easy to group and create and manage guilds.

There are a few types of servers and Role-Playing is one of them, where you can get very enveloped in the World of Warcraft world. My first character I created was a mage and I loved the scenery and the interaction with NPCs and real people. I took my time in the starting zones and when it came to looking around in the first capital city, I looked at every nook and cranny. You can have a submersive experience if you like. You have to remember that you are spending your money on it - it is up to you to decide how you want to play. While there will be pressure from other people forcing you to play a certain way, you don't have to do that.

WoW is really an experience that is hard to describe through words. I do not think you will regret buying the game at all. There are a multitude of things to do and you don't have to grind your way to the high levels. Once you have hit 60 and have done all the end-game content you like (that will take awhile!!), the replay factor is great. "Re-rolling" on a new class, race, or even faction (Horde / Alliance) is a popular thing among WoW players.

I really think you'll have a great time with the game. :)

sithbridgeay2.jpg

If you don't mind Sith, could you send me a PM telling me which server/faction you play on/as? Thanks ;)

As for buying WoW. It is certainly worth getting it, the game is fantastic to play and the general player environment is much more mature (in general) than Runescapes.

When level 60 does come around, you may need to give up a few weekends (by that I mean a lot of weekends XD) for guild raiding, or you could always reroll.

WoW has basically done for Online Roleplaying Games, what Counter-Strike did for Online First-person Shooters.

taken over market so no other can get in? :lol:

persoal, i would not by a gam, then pay sum of money to have to use game, either one or other :)

or no price of course :D

persoal, i would not by a gam, then pay sum of money to have to use game, either one or other :)

For the amount of entertainment you get it is worth it. You will get much more than a normal single player game.

First of all, I just wanted to say The_Sith's post was very informative, and filled with good advice :)

Having played WoW for about 6 months or more, I would have to disagree with this quote, as The_Sith did. While there might be a lot of teenagers playing this game, I think that the atmosphere the older, more mature players create causes those who would normally be immature to behave in a more civil manner. If someone is spamming the chat with nonsense, there will usually be someone to politely ask them to stop. Immaturity is usually looked down on. Also, if there is an immature playing cussing up a storm in the chat, you can file a complaint, and a GM will contact you usually before you even get off WoW.

I leveled my "main," a human warlock, to level 43 in the 6 months or so that I played. On the other hand, my brother mainly worked on his main character and got him to level 60 before I was even in my 30s (we both played on a pvp server). This was because I was in love with the PvP for awhile at least. There is world PvP and there is battlegrounds. World PvP takes place anywhere around the world, as the name suggests. However it is no where near as fun as it used to be (I could go on for a long time about this), so the main PvP is battlegrounds. I had about 3 characters that were only used for battle grounds. Since I don't want to babble on for 10 minutes about BGs, you should just go the the world of warcraft website and read about it yourself.

After awhile I started to realize how boring PvP had gotten for me. You die, and you suffer almost no penalty, so on the otherhand, you don't get anything other than honor when you kill someone. Having previously played Runescape for awhile, I missed the rush you would get when you either die, or kill someone and get their loot. I was also tired of spending several hours a day on WoW, and having to force myself to get off. So, I unsubscribed and started playing RS again, where I could play an hour and get off without having to force myself to.

Sorry about the disorganization of this post.. I hope it helps :?

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

Eh, I've heard a lot of horror stories. The game just never intrested me, why I never realy said anything other than it looks too childish (for my tastes).

WoW has basically done for Online Roleplaying Games, what Counter-Strike did for Online First-person Shooters.

I think what fook is getting as is WoW made the MMORPG incredibly popular with a much larger ammount of players than other games. While there are tons of other games that are much much better gameplay wise, and that have a larger impact on the MMO market, WoW simply popularlized it, as counter strike realy popularlized online FPS's.

It isn't a revolutionary game by any means. I'm sure it's fun (it has enough members to recognize that fact) but it simply isn't my cup of tea. If you want to get the game, go for it.

It isn't a revolutionary game by any means.

It certainly is. It's the first MMORPG that 'normal' people have really taken to. You can go to a party with normal (and by normal I mean not just computery) people and chances are one of them will have played it.

I think the game is great and have been playing it for a little over a year. I think the community in some ways is better than RuneScape's due to a variety of reasons. I do disagree with the "10-13" part and do not think that fits well at all. While you run across some younger people (and you can tell), there are many older people playing it as well as people in their late teens. You are hardly inundated with junk messages - I've never had to turn "General" chat off at all. I find the community to be much more mature than any I've experienced. (Again, I know there are a few oddities and people who are extremely immature - but overall, it's great).

I am a person who prefers to solo and with WoW, you can do that. I've played a Priest, Mage, and Druid. While the priest got tough to solo with at around 55-60 (when I respecced out of shadow), it was still possible. Games like City of Heroes require a LOT of grouping and while that may be ok for some people, I still prefer to solo - which is totally possible in WoW. Getting to 60 and having PVP fun along the way is all up to you. The grouping system in WoW is very well coordinated also. It's so easy to find a group and people are often very nice and communicative when grouping. Don't think that finding a group is a daunting task - it really isn't!

Once you hit level 60 (and want to get better gear), you will have to do some 20/40-man raids (or private missions). These often take hours and while it isn't required, being in a guild with ~forty 60s helps a lot. Raiding at level 60 can be boring for some people. It's fun at first but can easily get tedious. Still, for people who aim to get the best gear possible, it isn't exactly a horrible way to go about it. The guild and DKP system is very advanced and it works. I think it also helps that WoW provides many community-like opportunities so it makes it easy to group and create and manage guilds.

There are a few types of servers and Role-Playing is one of them, where you can get very enveloped in the World of Warcraft world. My first character I created was a mage and I loved the scenery and the interaction with NPCs and real people. I took my time in the starting zones and when it came to looking around in the first capital city, I looked at every nook and cranny. You can have a submersive experience if you like. You have to remember that you are spending your money on it - it is up to you to decide how you want to play. While there will be pressure from other people forcing you to play a certain way, you don't have to do that.

WoW is really an experience that is hard to describe through words. I do not think you will regret buying the game at all. There are a multitude of things to do and you don't have to grind your way to the high levels. Once you have hit 60 and have done all the end-game content you like (that will take awhile!!), the replay factor is great. "Re-rolling" on a new class, race, or even faction (Horde / Alliance) is a popular thing among WoW players.

I really think you'll have a great time with the game. :)

That's really good post. I start understand a lot now. Thank you much. :)

Kido14, I did read many information from official website yesterday.

Knowing several people who are absolutely addicted to WoW, I would have to say don't get it. All the people I know who play it are struggling with school and losing their money to it.

sigon4.jpg

handed me TWO tissues to clear up. I was like "i'm going to need a few more paper towels than that luv"

Its a great game in terms of graphics and gameplay.. but it gets annoying like at every level you get you have to spend a ton of money on new skills, professions, armor, weapons, and materials

and the fact that the level difference is so big gets on my nerves too.. like on rs a person has a good chance killing someone 5-10 lvls above them.. on WoW you can barly kill someone 1-2 levels above you

and like some people said... without a high level group with you .. you have no chance to do instances and stuff

sigjicu0.gif

Nice point, sigjicu. As I posted in another WoW thread, my friend tried to run into mobs 2-3 levels higher (and 5-6 mobs at a time) and tried to kill them. No way! That just won't happen (special circumstances excluded).

The thing you have to realize about WoW before transitioning is that it IS a different game from RuneScape. I am not discounting your position on the game at all, sig, but your problems with the game are because you are so used to RuneScape. It's just a totally different experience than RuneScape. You have to go at it without any expectations or preconceived thoughts about what it is like.

@Kiel: I'll send you a message right now.

sithbridgeay2.jpg

Its a great game in terms of graphics and gameplay.. but it gets annoying like at every level you get you have to spend a ton of money on new skills, professions, armor, weapons, and materials

and the fact that the level difference is so big gets on my nerves too.. like on rs a person has a good chance killing someone 5-10 lvls above them.. on WoW you can barly kill someone 1-2 levels above you

and like some people said... without a high level group with you .. you have no chance to do instances and stuff

Very true, i thought i co uld easily take a lve 12 elit character by myself at 8, nope that didnt turn out. But i like it this way. This way you cant be a walking tank/one man army.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

No offense to anyone's mate here, but whether you can take out stuff or not depends on what class you play, what you're facing, what preparations you've made and most importantly, how good you are at utilizing your class'/racial/skill abilities. Depending on the combinations of the above, taking out groups of four mobs or the odd elite is quite possible solo.

And that's really what makes the game fun. Walking into a fight, any fight, is about tactics. It's about knowing what tools you have available and when to use them. How to use them. Between the different choices of race, class, skills and talents, you can build a character that fits your playstyle extremely well (/whineOn Not as well as you could in the old SWG, but SOE killed that, so that's not an option anymore).

One thing to keep in mind if you do try it, is that the game changes when you hit 60. The higher level you go, the more abilities you'll get, and the more tactics you'll have to use to get around. Because different classes have different power curves, some classes own everything 1-30, where as they at 60 can get routinely clobbered by players of a different class. PvP, items, dungeons... You can have a lot of fun getting to level 60, but never think you've done it all because you got a lvl 60 character two hours ago. In some ways, it's like a new game; Your time will be spent in different places - new dungeons - doing different things - raiding. Or the same ol', same ol' but better - PvP.

Don't go the level 30 with one class and say "this sucks". If you think it sucks at 30, try a different class. But get one character to 60, and see how you like that type of gaming. I have mate who's been playing on and off for like a year now, and his highest leveled character is 57. He hasn't been to half the places I favour in the game now.

Short version: You miss out on a lot of you don't hit 60 and play as a lvl 60.

While there are tons of other games that are much much better gameplay wise...

Such as? There's tons of other games with better graphics, and there's other games where individual systems have a better design philosophy behind them, but comparing the entire WoW gameplay package... (And by that, I'm excluding the graphics)

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif