Best Book I've Ever Read

imhomer

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to say The book "the outsiders" i read thru it quickly, but its not the type of book youd like ot read more than once. its about a gang of ricj kids who always pick on a gang of poor kids until one of the poor gangs people kill sone of the rich people (he had a reason) And its really good.

another good book is "flowers for algernon" which really teaches you values and respect. Its about a [developmentally delayed]ed man in his 30s, who is chosen to become smart, but things become bad for him when he starts to become too smart, and overemotional.

Both of these books have movies too. Flowers for algernon has two, but one is called: Charly

another good book is "flowers for algernon" which really teaches you values and respect. Its about a mentally challenged man in his 30s, who is chosen to become smart, but things become bad for him when he starts to become too smart, and overemotional.

Both of these books have movies too. Flowers for algernon has two, but one is called: Charly

I've read that book too. I was skeptical about it before I started, because of it's name and plot, but as they say "You can't judge a book by it's cover", and it turned out to be a decent read.

ShadowSam19.png

My current favorite is The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas.

I read it earlier this year in my English class and couldn't put it down after Edmond Dantes(The main character) got arrested.

I was really disappointed with the movie though, doesn't stay close to the book at all and they cut out some of my favorite parts :( .

crim2ma.jpg

~^v^~Ex-Leader of the Divine Flames of Redemption~^v^~

My fav would have to be "the outsiders" where the greasers and the socs have fights and a greaser kills a soc and 2 greasers run away from town. set in like the 50s or sumthing.

lol i dont no y i dont really like them that much but i read them like 5 times on the holidays coz i was bored but "harry potter series" my sister is a crazed fan and i got bored on the holidays so i read them all and i got sick of them but i kinda like them.

sword2di2.jpg

thanks to mitsubishi64 who made this sig

My favourite book would probably be blink by Malcolm Gladwell. It's about psychology or something related to that in a way. It's interesting, recommended to people who like that type of book. :D

the guy who has the bug is the antichrist! the devil players runescape, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :twisted: :twisted:

he will kill us all!

MMORPG: Many Males Online Role Playing Girls.
:lol:

Wow, this was way more popular than I ever thought it would be :shock: . Anyways, I personnaly love the Wheel Of Time series by Robert Jordan. All the books are great (and thick) reads. Only complaint is that some are kinda slow, Jordan fixed that in his last book though :D

I'm reading the first book in the series, the eye of the world, I think it's a very good book.

Besides that, The hitchikers guide to the galaxy series and all three Lord of the Rings books

I havent read lots of books yet cuz im only 14yrs old.

but i liked the lord of the rings, especially The Hobbit.

I disagree with that age statement.

I read more books when I was in the 12-14 age range than 14-16 (when I hit highschool)

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

I havent read lots of books yet cuz im only 14yrs old.

but i liked the lord of the rings, especially The Hobbit.

I disagree with that age statement.

I read more books when I was in the 12-14 age range than 14-16 (when I hit highschool)

Me too, 12-14 I was actually interested in reading for free time. Now Im not. :? Now I only read books for work.

knkcopy.jpg

The series of Halo books

(theres 3 of them now) (3 more in the making) are actually pretty good books.

about 350 pages each though so u need to have some time to read..

ive read all the ones that are out so far, and im waiting for the new ones.

1984 was good.

Midnight's children is a good read. It's about this guy thats born on the midnight of independence of india. He has the power to communicate with other midnight's children and theres a really good plot.

All quiet on the western front is also a good fictional memoir.

Angels in America is good, it's a story reflecting the aids epidemic in the early 60s i think.

The great gatsby is a good read about this guy obsessed with this girl, trying to get her back by becoming rich.

gr454rc.gif

My favourit book always will be The hitchhikers guid to the galaxy. It was sooo funny.

My second is called The transell saga, and is about this kid who thinks he has been transported to a diffrent planet, but its acutly a diff time on earth.

My third has to be the chrysalids. It was very amusing, and made me think alot.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

A lot of books I enjoyed were already mentioned.

I loved Hitch hikers guide to the Galaxy, though by the fifth book it was going just slightly downhill, became a bit weird.

Lord of the Rings I read twice, took about a week the second time, it was so good I stopped doing homework hehe.

The only book I enjoyed reading as part of my English lessons was Lord of the Flies, everyone should read it.

Mine would have to be God's Smuggler. It's about Brother Andrew, a Norwegian priest who smuggled bibles into the Soviet Union for 30 years. Nowadays he is working on sneaking them into China.

This book was amazing, not sure how else to describe it.

runemsanta,ishepp.gif

89/99 farming

Without a doubt, the best series anyone between the ages of 12 and 16 can read is John Marsden's Tomorrow Series. This also includes the 'Ellie Chronicles' - a series following the life of Ellie after the end of the war.

Anyhow, all by Robert Harris, Fatherland, Enigma and Archangel are all good books.

They are roughly based around the same time of WW2 but from different groups.

Fatherland follows the SS; if i remember right - haven't watched it for a bit so I can't say much.

Enigma follows a code breaker at Bletchly Park and his endevours to break back into the German Naval cypher Shark.

Archangel is more towards the Gustapo. Or eventually ends up along those lines.

I really need to double check, but I think that's correct. Might be wrong with Archangel so don't take it as is, read them for yoursellf :P

And perhaps Winter, and Checkers (two others by John Marsden).

My sister says the Magician series is quite good. But I'm yet to read them yet so I can't really say.

Wow, this was way more popular than I ever thought it would be :shock:

We should ask for our own literature forum :wink:

Currently, I'm reading Empress Orchid which is a fictional account of the last Chinese Empress. I would encourage people to read it as it's a fantastic read.

Offline and unavailable.

Wow, this was way more popular than I ever thought it would be :shock:

We should ask for our own literature forum :wink:

Currently, I'm reading Empress Orchid which is a fictional account of the last Chinese Empress. I would encourage people to read it as it's a fantastic read.

Tried once, having the jokes and spam removed from the Varrock Library was the best I could get done :(

• 4 months later...