Runescape... Boring?

lemonfish

I would have quit a while ago If it hadn't been for the OoC. Actually, I did quit for 3 months, but came back. I'm not one of those guys who sits for 5 hours fishings, then does 3 hours woodcutting then logs off. I use it as a relaxant, and when i'm stressed, its great just to log on, talk to a couple of freinds while doing something simple. The times i'll be on runescape most are when i'm stressed or i'll. It is a great relaxant. Don't do drugs :P

Also... don't let it cloud your priorities. Got a geography essay to finish? Get it out of the way. Playing runescapae after is your reward for finishing your work to the best of your ability :D

Retired from Runescape and the OoC.

THE_Selbbub.jpeg

Maybe some players need some rest

lots of friends stopped when there member quit they Took a rest and after 2-3 months they were playing again

but what u said about Endless isnt true

some players hate some skills so they train there higher skills

u could have farming 10 but u hate it they rather train there cooking 99 For an example

u can just do what u like in Rs and if u have enough of it for that day

you log out xD

Greetz Fire-shot-x

personaly i think that runescape does benefit you (or at least me) in real life. it often relaxes me if i am stressed because a upcoming test or a large amount of homework, in these situations runescape is helpful and calming.

another reason why people play RS. Good one.

That is a very good reason to play actually. Obviously, not everyone will feel the same way about it, but it would be good if they could.

to be the best you can

to be proud in what you have acheived

I hav3 skill total 1700 in internet game and I haven't done anything else, but rs in last 3 years!! wow so cool, im very proud of myself!! Other stupid things are like "respect" on internet game, please get life some people....... ;)

Anyway playing can't 24/7 can't help anyone. It's ok to use like hour in day example for rs, but when it becomes to lifestyle then people should go to the hospital...

All morpg games = evil

because of rs and other games like Wow 10000's of childrens have wasted their life.

I was wondering if It is true that all experienced or high lever players are addicted to runescape because it seems that way to me. My brother still plays and he is almost impossble to pry away.

not that way at all.

one of my best rl friends had a lvl 112 charcter with one of the best names i've seen in rs.

he died one day and said 'F**k this, im not gonna waste my life repidatively clicking to make pixel cash, i have better things to do.'

haven't seen him online since.

:wink:

what is the POINT in real life anyway, we will all die one day, so why dont we just enjoy life while we can, runescape = enjoyment for some, therefore runescape is not pointless

magicaltrevorst2.jpg

to be the best you can

Yeh but it doesn't really benefit you in real life.

Any entertainment does not benefit you....

But runescape holds you in. I mean other games aren't quite so addictive but runescape can really damage your social life and there is no Real Life acheivment. I now see it as people just wasting their lives

Any form of entertainment does not 'hold you in'. You are not obliged to play the game every single waking moment ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ã

cescsig.jpg

Actually runescape does sort of come in handy in real life. I'm not talking about the skills or anything, I'm talking about merchanting. Many people make their money in real life litterly by just merchanting goods. And runescape is a good trainer for that if you think past all the colorful pixels.

I guess I would kind of consider myself "addicted" because I play it quite often but I still go to school every day and make straight A's and B's and I still hang out with all my friends almost every weekend. That goes to show you that you can play a game all the time and still not have it interfere with your real life. You just play it for enjoyment and entertainment during empty time blocks when your not doing anything else.

hells_box.png

What's the true purpose in life? If you can't answer that, then everything you do is, in a sense, a waste of time, and RuneScape is just one of them, so what makes it worse than others?

So your trying to say that there is basically no point in life because you can not fully understand it, so instead of doing something productive and self-healing you believe that we should all live in our basements and play Runescape, as we do not know the real purpose of life and our only option is to do whatever we want?

Thats like saying that its just a good idea to kill your own mom as it is to play Runescape, as all things as you say are "a waste of time", and equally good and bad, productive and counterproductive. What the hell is going on in your head, that would possess you to believe such a ludicrous theory?

Note: I do not believe RS is a waste of time to a certain extent, as long as it is not controlling your life, and you have other things to balance it out(extra-curriculars, community service, hanging out with close friends, no, school doesn't count).

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

To answer the thread title... yes. I have quit oh to many times out of boredem and im suprised i even made it to where i am now. And i dont think i will play again in quite awhile, the game is an addiction, and also a time waster, well for me atleast, may be different for other people.

But these forums.. NEVER! i love coming onto here even when i don't play the game. :P

Pier pressure?

I can just see you being threatened by a wharf or jetty because you're a teleporter. Yes, I can see a large wooden wharf uprooting itself from the shore, walking over to you and slapping you in the back of the head for teleporting.

:lol:

F2P=boring

P2p=Excitement, adventure, fun..

Zonhottie.png

Currently training all skills to or above 60.

Barrows drops: 87 runs done so far. Torag Platebody on 4th run. Guthan Chainskirt on 35th run. Dharok Helm on 45th run. Torag platelegs on 49th run. Ahrim Robeskirt on 86th run.

Nah, I don't think I'll quit RS for a long time. It's too addicting (that's not a bad and I'm f2p.

6,521th to 99 woodcutting | Fletching 98/99 |

Idarodo | Combat 90 | Total 1565+ | 38m+ total exp

Retired.

ok first of all whats the point of "quitting" rs and staying on the forums? it will just remind u of the times uve had in rs and make u want to come back :roll: for some ppl rs is addicting and to others is might just be all the forums dealing with rs that is keeping them addicted

personally, I could quit rs today for a number of reason and not come back, but its something for me to do when im bored and have nothing else to do. Runescape has changed a lot since RS there is more autoers, the community/friendlyness has dissapeared, clans have changed and the marketprices has changed drastically. After playing RS for a couple years then having to switch over to rs2 has made the game boring :wink: i miss the good RS days when ppl were nice and not calling everybody a noob for nothing, and when u actually had to work for ur skills not right click, click "cook X" "smelt X" "Fletch X" "Spin X" and click only once to fish a full load of fish :roll: how much fun is it to sit in on spot and let the game do the work for u? it seems pointless :wink: Rs2 isnt even challenging :roll: they need to bring back RS to f2p (yes i am p2p) so all of us "oldies" who still care about RS can go back to the original way of playing :cry:

firmabmxjp0.jpg

99/99 Crafting

86/85 Mining

i agree. rs is only boring for f2ps. for p2ps, theres always somethg to do every mth.

however, the prob is u get addicted too easily in p2p. and then when you have finally finished most of the p2p quests, you eventually will start to aim for something. but that something requires loads of repetitive actions and you get bored.

in f2p, you get bored faster. i mean, after finishing the quests, you can probably memorize and draw out ur own map of runescape. and you lvled most of your skills up and reach the point where it is hard to go higher if you dont have that patience and the money to upkeep your expenses.

for me, i quitted because my friends all left runescape. real life friends. and so, i had played because of competition. they grow strong, i must become stronger. yet, when they left, i had no reason to continue. and at my lvl, ppl dun really wan 2 become friends with me anymore. most just feel like becoming friends because they are after my cash? it is boring.

The ponit of RS is to have fun. I bet you enjoy something that you do in your leisure time? Playing cards, watching T.V, playing Ps2 or something like that. Whats the point of spending Real Money on these types of things? To have fun. Whats the point of playing Runescape?

To have fun. And there is a benefit to it.

If you dont have Real life Friends who play it, you can be proud of yourself and you would be enjoying your life while you have it.

If you do have friends who play it, you can still be proud of yourself, but you can also RUB IT IN THEIR FACE that you are stronegr then them. Then they get an urge to get stronger and then before you know it, youve got a friendly/competitive race going on.

If you think there is no point in playing Runescape, then you must think there is no point watching T.V, or playing Sports, or going to the movies.

If you can answer that, well, youve just answered that question to why people play runescape.

To have fun.

ohdearyouaredead3dl.png

ihavearightfinald5er7be.gif

to be the best you can

Yeh but it doesn't really benefit you in real life.

Any entertainment does not benefit you....

But runescape holds you in. I mean other games aren't quite so addictive but runescape can really damage your social life and there is no Real Life acheivment. I now see it as people just wasting their lives

heh have you ever read the lemony snicket books i've read each book for 3 days each :lol:

but really any fun games are addicting take kh2 and the halo games

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

what is the POINT in real life anyway, we will all die one day, so why dont we just enjoy life while we can, runescape = enjoyment for some, therefore runescape is not pointless

I know runescape seems fun now, but eventually you are going to want to do something else with your life than just playing online games.

If life is a game, I would rather be playing the real thing than some virtual reality where my choices don't matter.

True, we will all die at some point. But part of life is sharing your knowledge and experiences with the people around you.

Not sitting in your room clicking away at pixels.

But, you probably won't realise this until it's too late so I might as well not tell you this.

Or maybe.. :wink:

tablw5.png

Kill corporate radio. http://www.killradio.org

when u 1st start playing its a bit boring as u get a higher lvl it becomes more fun and u can do better thing and quests, and most ppl dream of everything 99 but wat happens when u get there all u do is wait for quests which will be very easy and almost pointless because if the reward is 10k xp on attk "wow ive alreaddy got 99 attk didnt need that". New minigame "wow that was easy i owned all the players there, there was no challenge".

But since im not there yet i think runescape is fun as, apart from boring skills like mining waiting for the ore but it would be great when u get a higher lvl and just be able to make sumthing cool, cut onyx, make black d hide, smith rune stuff, fletch magic bows, be able to defeat a very high lvl monster. Not that i can do any of that stuff, but where i am now im happy. :D

sword2di2.jpg

thanks to mitsubishi64 who made this sig