has anybody else had a problem saying their name?....

wakka102

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cant say gah thats right gah, i was trying to kill a barrows bro and i said gah just die and it looked like i cussed lol and its annoying for a few freinds lol

i don't play psykick anymore... i play 2ed: "pure fett"

26081 to get 99 herblore

yup my names hashim and when i say it on runescape..it comes out as ****Im :twisted: yeah but i found out the h at the start is censored cos i can say Ashim..which is yucky!

Main Goal -->

[hide=]All Stats 70+ And...[/hide]

hashim1990.png

hashim1990.png

hashim1990.png

hashim1990.png

hashim1990.png

no problem with mine - ghstkill8...but a bunch of wierd stuff is censored, It's worse than before.

Currently P2P.

I don't want the world to see me, 'cause I don't think that they'd understand.

Formerly known as: Ghstkill8, Serene Ghst, Genius Goats

Creaphis turns to Crea****. Henceforth I shall be known as Crea, Creap, Creaph, Creaphy, etc. Anything but Crefis is fine. Though I'd really love to have all eight letters back. Now here's a rant, maybe it shouldn't be here but I got caught up in the moment.

This censor gets more ridiculous every time they change it. What Jagex should have learned ages ago is that no matter what they censor, people can still get their corrupt message through. Censoring www and com doesn't make telling website addresses impossible. There's always a spelling of every swear word that can make it past the asterixes. All that these censors do is make ordinary conversation more difficult for the law abiding Runescapers.

Now, with most new censored words, over half the time we can't even figure out what their problem with the word is. Sorry, but what's offensive about "Phone"? If they're trying to prevent people from telling phone numbers, that information can still be told, as a "fone" number, for example.

The ideal censor would just block the normal spellings of the worst swears, and then get out of the way. Jagex can't protect anyone with any more than that, unless they can stop every scam and profane comment in the mind before it reaches the fingers. Currently, the censor doesn't do the only thing that it should do. Certain colorful four letter words can be said loudly and proudly with a 5 before and after.

There's only one place Jagex is going with all this. Envision a scroll down menu where our typing line used to be. In this menu will be clickable choices, such as:

Hello.

I have advanced a level!

Congratulations!

I received a valuable drop!

You are lucky.

Goodbye.

kindness.png

Creaphis turns to Crea****. Henceforth I shall be known as Crea, Creap, Creaph, Creaphy, etc. Anything but Crefis is fine. Though I'd really love to have all eight letters back. Now here's a rant, maybe it shouldn't be here but I got caught up in the moment.

This censor gets more ridiculous every time they change it. What Jagex should have learned ages ago is that no matter what they censor, people can still get their corrupt message through. Censoring www and com doesn't make telling website addresses impossible. There's always a spelling of every swear word that can make it past the asterixes. All that these censors do is make ordinary conversation more difficult for the law abiding Runescapers.

Now, with most new censored words, over half the time we can't even figure out what their problem with the word is. Sorry, but what's offensive about "Phone"? If they're trying to prevent people from telling phone numbers, that information can still be told, as a "fone" number, for example.

The ideal censor would just block the normal spellings of the worst swears, and then get out of the way. Jagex can't protect anyone with any more than that, unless they can stop every scam and profane comment in the mind before it reaches the fingers. Currently, the censor doesn't do the only thing that it should do. Certain colorful four letter words can be said loudly and proudly with a 5 before and after.

There's only one place Jagex is going with all this. Envision a scroll down menu where our typing line used to be. In this menu will be clickable choices, such as:

Hello.

I have advanced a level!

Congratulations!

I received a valuable drop!

You are lucky.

Goodbye.

The last few lines really made me laugh :D

mathisfun.png

i cnat say my name... :wall:

lemme guess dorker42 comes out as ****er42?

Dorkvader comes out as ****vader

"dork" is blocked too...

i dont know why. people usually say darkvader (with an a) but i really dont like it... like most of these, dork is not even a swearword...

EDIT: i bet "andrew" and "paul" and "gower" will never be blocked though. make a new username with that in it and you'll be fine. :roll: (by the way, i'm just being cynical)

tipitlessersigea3.png

i found that I couldnt write canafis when i was on the official forums. I had to write it Can afis with a space in to get past the censor. Not really sure what is going on anymore.

Well, then you might want to try "Canifis", because that is the correct spelling of that town... If that's what you mean.

I'unno 'bout my name, can't get on rs right now to try :cry:

Uula.png

I'm still waiting for my account to get banned because a part of it is censored...

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.