Locked Account? Passwords Leaked? - Main Discussion Thread

ForsakenMage

As some of you may have noticed, your RuneScape accounts have been locked.

This is a security measure by Jagex in order to keep your accounts safe. If you are able to provide the correct information needed to prove ownership of the account, your account should be unlocked shortly after.

Make sure that you have set your recovery questions!

Members (P2P): Please make sure you do have your PIN Number and other information needed in order to recover your account!

Please keep in mind that the Jagex Customer Support is very busy so please be patient. They can only work so quickly and are based in the UK, so those that are living in the US for example may have to wait longer before a response can be given.

~

If you wish to discuss locked accounts, leaked/lost passwords, use this thread please. Thanks.

Keep this thread clean as this will be the only thread (aside from the one on the P2P boards) that will be left open for the subject. Should there be any inappropriate posts whatsoever, this thread will be locked.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

REgarding the locked accounts, did Jagex lock all the ones with matching forum name and rsn, or has something actually been already stolen on those people's accounts for them to lock it?

Was every RS account locked? Or did you just throw a list of names at them, and they locked all of those?

Ah, yes, you threw a list of names at them. Because my power-noob account still works! ^_^

tek0705042a6479ro0.pngblipo1cd.png

LOL I have a bigger problem- I don't know if I have recovery questions set or not, and even if i did, I don't remember the exact word i keyed in for each option, ie. did I use only city of place of birth, or city and country, and which vacation spot was my favorite years ago? omg the questions are so dumb, why can't they be like ur Date of birth and like ur high schools name or something...

didnt effect me since i dont have the same name:)

If you cant provide a secure site, then dont provide one at all >:(

wow your REALLY rude, dont use there site is you wanna act like that they should ip bann you for being stupid, accident happen, some on just got lucky on the password thing, its not all there fualt so grow up it happens to most runescape fan sites

~Bmms

a91e22ec.gif
Aefx(started 11/1/2002) Cb: 200 TS: 1900+
Bmms--Jr(Started on 1/24/06)(Banned 11/13/09 ) Cb: 119(pre-eoc) TS: 1700+
Bmms(Started 8/?/2001)(Banned 1/24/06 ) Cb: 101(pre-eoc) TS: 1350+

If you cant provide a secure site, then dont provide one at all >:(

Look, no-one is forcing you to come here. I'm sure you know where the log out button is. Use it.

Seriously. It is impossible for any forum to be 100% secure. Quit whining people and try to be more constructive.

sig2ho7.jpg

Let's try that again... :|

Basically anyone who has the same password as the ones on RS that's locked out at the moment. If you have the same forum name as your RuneScape name, but not the same password, you're fine.

Tip.it has entirely no intentions whatsoever to have your accounts harmed. It is your responsibility in the end to make sure you don't have same/similar passwords to the ones you use on RuneScape.

We've posted repeated warnings and guidelines, as did Jagex, about keeping your account safe, but evidently there are some people who did not pay heed to such.

Please give the password recovery process time. As said in my earlier post, it will take some time for Jagex to respond to the situation at hand.

Thank you.

Basically anyone who has the same password as the ones on RS that's locked out at the moment. If you have the same forum name as your RuneScape name, but not the same password, you're fine.

That's not true at all. My tip.it password and Runescape password were completely different, yet my account was locked.

I sent in an appeal to get my password changed back, and when I went to go track my query, their message said that they want more old passwords from me. Now how do I give them this? Do I have to go back and fill out another query form completely? Is there any way to contact Jagex without that form?

That's not true at all. My tip.it password and Runescape password were completely different, yet my account was locked.

I sent in an appeal to get my password changed back, and when I went to go track my query, their message said that they want more old passwords from me. Now how do I give them this? Do I have to go back and fill out another query form completely? Is there any way to contact Jagex without that form?

Was your account locked before or after today?

Was your account locked before or after today?

About an hour and a half ago.

Well this is a completely different situation. People can't get your rs password out of thin air now, can they?

How can you be sure that it is connected to this situation?

sig2ho7.jpg

i have a very large problem:

i didnt set any recovery questions.

HELPP MEEE!!!!

There is not much we suggest for you to do if you did not set any recovery questions. You were prompted to do so when you first signed up for a RuneScape account. :| :| :|

Well this is a completely different situation. People can't get your rs password out of thin air now, can they?

What are you talking about; how is it a completely different situation? I was playing Runescape like normal, stayed constantly logged in for a few hours as I was just training and writing a paper at the same time. I accidentally log out for about 30 seconds, and when I try to log back in, I get that account locked message. I'm virtually positive it is related to this. How can it not be? Do you know how huge of a coincidence this would have to be, given all the circumstances? :?

And yes, I agree with you that people can't get my RS password out of thin air. I don't see what that has to do with anything though. No one has it except for me. My account wasn't hacked, it was locked. :?

What are you talking about; how is it a completely different situation? I was playing Runescape like normal, stayed constantly logged in for a few hours as I was just training and writing a paper at the same time. I accidentally log out for about 30 seconds, and when I try to log back in, I get that account locked message. I'm virtually positive it is related to this. How can it not be? Do you know how huge of a coincidence this would have to be, given all the circumstances? :?

And yes, I agree with you that people can't get my RS password out of thin air. I don't see what that has to do with anything though. No one has it except for me. My account wasn't hacked, it was locked. :?

Pretty sure in your case it's different because according to Jagex, they've locked accounts that have had the same password as on Tip.it in relation to the breach. o_o

There is no way this is a coincidence. My friend has also had his account locked, and he doesn't have the same password on both sites either.

Where did you get this information that Jagex only locked the accounts of people with the same password?