Locked Account? Passwords Leaked? - Main Discussion Thread

ForsakenMage

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have seen claims that our user database was stolen. This, however, is not correct. The database itself was never targeted and it's security and integrity remained uncompromised at all times. In the tip.it database, there are personal profile information together with username and encrypted passwords. None of this important information was revealed to the hacker.

At this time we cannot reveal any more details regarding the breach, since we are now investigating based upon logs, what exactly happened and who did this. Since the scope and severity of this attack goes beyond simple "play", we are determined to find the culprit and regarding his or her location to bring them to justice.

Now i cant tell you how they got them and most of you know that they couldnt got that information from database easly anyways. Our database wasnt touch.

If i could tell you how it happened , i would but as the quote says, we still working on catching this culprit.

Hopefully when we sorted all this out, then we probaly tell you.

If you havent noticed we updated the news on home page for you.

When everything is sorted I am sure the Admins will post a statement about what occured in the meantime there is no reason to get all worked up.

You have to consider that the Admins and staff are working very hard to return this forum to its normal state and make sure that all users and their information is safe.

Tip.it would not take any action that would intentionally jeapordize any of our users (or ourselves) whatever action (if any) has been taken it was to ensure every members safety.

So take a deep breath, relax and as soon as it is feasable and will not compromise security etc I am sure you will be given more information on the situation.

Thanks

~Alduron

swordsig16zk.gif

Tip.it

Well i have been here for nearly over a year, And well it took me that time to buy a santa, full zammy and be financially secure... Well thats wrecked now, i logged on my account was locked, after unlocking it, i relieased someone had cleaned my inventory out..

JUST WANNA SAY.. im not going anywere love the site, great community and well im gonna come back twice as rich.. Alot of hardwork involved but not as hard as people on here work so..

THANKS TIP.IT i still love u

sig234ej4.png

Guys, can I just say, if you don't know recovery question answers or Membership agrement numbers etc don't worry, jsut give htem laods of info about your account which a hacker wouldn't really know. I didn;t know the answers to recovery questions or anything, but I jsut told them my fremminik name, my former fremminik name, the date I got 44 Rc, the last quest i completed and the colour of my last kitten, my slayer task etc and I got mine back

Madouge.png

Click the pic if you wanna see a Ranged Slayer blog.

people seem to be blaming many things that are due to other problems on to this fiasco, like game not loading, or anyone who got their account locked recently.. omg ppl, just because this "leak" happened, doesn't mean your own technical problems/ macroing and banned/ ur a dumass and got hacked means that it it tip.it's fault...

I have actually posted this on jagex's forums too...Thank you jagex...30 mins and my account was unlocked.

I couldn't remember all of my recovery answers so i said cant remember in the box provided, i did however manage to find my original serial numbers for when i became p2p also i provided info on exactly where i was standing the last time i logged out .

I was locked because i used the same name on here as there, but with a different p/word so that will lock up your account too. But now all sorted, i would suggest that people who are having problems should provide as much info as possible for jagex to to be happy that you are who you say you are :| :wall:

I have the same username as well, but different password. I've given them a fair amount of the items in my bank, the place I think I was standing when I logged out, what I was wearing when I logged out, and everything else I could think of. Mine's still being processed, but I hope it comes through soon. I'm optimistic at the moment. :D

EDIT: After about a 10-15 minute wait, they gave me the account back. Glad that's over with. :)

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

this sucks i just get high enough combat for dragon slayer and you idiots leak my damn password thanks a lot u imbeciles :evil:

hey leave tip it alone!!!!

dont join any forums if you want 100% safty!!!!!

and you know what????

do what jagex says to do!!!! dont use you password on any other site!!!!

tahts what i do....

Does anyone have any advice on what to do if i have no recovery questions set?

goto the forgot password or whatever. if you type in an old password and some other things like when you were last on, etc. then they will sometimes give you your acc. i did this with one of my old accouts that i wanted to get on (because i was bord to check out the new romeo and juliet quest graphics) and i did about that. less than 30 minutes later, i was able to reset my password to somthing i could remember better.

i'm sorry if htis has already been awnsered, but i do not have time to read all ten pages. also it can help others

since my username on tipit and on runescape are different, i should be o.k. though my pas words are radically different too. i hope i am not locked. i know the awnsers to all my recovery questions so i should be fine.

also i was able to change my pass today so things shold be cool hopefully its VERY long now =)

tipitlessersigea3.png

i went through the password recovery process and they gave me the tracking ID thing, but then i went back to try it again and it just said:

Answer to recovery question 1

answer to recovery question 2

...and so on

does anyone have any advice for me to do?

RuneScape Name: PyroSoldier8

currently f2p

3.png

pyrosoldier8.pngALWAYS BUYING RUNE MEDS AT 10K EACH!

Good job JAGeX! First attempt, couldnt automatic change, ok I wasnt worried, sent on to a support member, 2 hours later, declined, no problem, I didnt give enough Info, second attempt, couldnt automatic, no prob, went on to JAGeX, 2 seconds later, unlocked. heh, I was expecting a wait of a few hours, 2 seconds was wonderful ^_^

WHY wont it let me go to the appeals PAGE

each time i try and go it says Java applet failed to load

and a gray screen with a red X in the upper right hand corner appears

im really confused because that page used to work for me a few weeks back

I am screwed cos i sent 5 appeals and all 5 have said account access denied

im really worried i may not get my account back

Has anyone else ancountered the gray screen , and if so how did u fix it

my RSN and forum name are the exact same, yet mine wasn't even locked when I tried to log in. Changed my pass and whatnot, but still, kinda odd that I remained unsafe. I would have prefered my account lost to prevent logins incase someone did indeed see the passwords (I was foolish, it was the same...). I lucked out though, all my stuff was there, I was in the same exact location, etc. Changed my passes on both to something much more secure, and decided to update recovery questions.

You could just use that info in your own request. But its not like the staff actually reads it. >:(. I sent i request with really detailed additional info that if anyone else read theyd unlock it but still its locked, now my friend has to pay for something that wont get used. It pisses me off, all that work on my account for nothing..