The Davinci Code

Howie101

Who else can't wait to see this movie?

Comes out tomorrow, Friday the 18th where I live

Looks great and is based on one of my favorite books. Obviously it will be dramatisized due to Hollywood. Facts will misconstrued and what not. But I still hope I enjoy it.

Lock if needed*

I belive it will be enjoyable, if the Damn Christens don't interphere. Blasphemy my wagon, its free speech.

What a great post! You only mispelled every single word that you typed, and you most likely only offended 2/3 of the people that will read this topic! :)

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

Bah... My brother Ghost gets to go see it tonight for a pre-showing because he works at a Theater, lucky jerk.

Can't wait! :P

His name is Ghost?...that is awesome!!

A friend of mine whose brother works at a movie theater got to see it early. He says that it sucked and a lot of stuff was left out. I'm going to see it anyway.

chompysigpleaseswork.png

You only have to type four extra keys for me to not think "ur" an idiot.

solardeathray.teensupergenius.com

Guest GhostRanger
Bah... My brother Ghost gets to go see it tonight for a pre-showing because he works at a Theater, lucky jerk.

Can't wait! :P

His name is Ghost?...that is awesome!!

I'm fairly certain he means Ghost..as in GhostRanger...as in me. :P

To quote what I said about it on the Dan Brown thread:

Well I just got back from seeing The Da Vinci code... pretty decent movie. A little too long for my taste (some parts could have been shortened) and not nearly as controversial as I thought it would be. Still controversial just by the nature of the plot, but not as bad as it could have been.

I'd definitely recommend this one, but only when you're wide awake...unlike me. Razz"

Rotton Tomato critics give it 16% and the users 57% :-/

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

In Cannes they couldn't hold their laughing during the movie, and RT indeed says it's bad. I don't expect much from it, but of course I'll see it and judge for myself.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Guest GhostRanger

I wouldn't say the movie was bad, it just didn't meet my expectations. Bad is kind of pushing it I think. If you haven't read the book or didn't like it... you probably won't enjoy the movie.

Saw it yesterday, and it was how I expected: poor.

I think Hanks does a good job as an actor, and the female lead (I forget her name >.<) is an extremely good actor in the film, and some of the cinematography from Ron Howard is nice to see. However, they are just let down by the story's plot, or rather lack of a plot, and its content.

I mean, it's pretty abysmal stuff. It really is airport trash novel material. Lacking a compelling protagonist, an enveloping story, amongst others. And I'm looking past all the contoversy, I'm trying to see the film for what it is; fiction. But it just fails, and I have to say, fails pretty miserably.

Guest GhostRanger

I think Hanks does a good job as an actor, and the female lead (I forget her name >.<) is an extremely good actor in the film, and some of the cinematography from Ron Howard is nice to see. However, they are just let down by the story's plot, or rather lack of a plot, and its content.

I mean, it's pretty abysmal stuff. It really is airport trash novel material. Lacking a compelling protagonist, an enveloping story, amongst others. And I'm looking past all the contoversy, I'm trying to see the film for what it is; fiction. But it just fails, and I have to say, fails pretty miserably.

Have you read Angels and Demons? I think it would have been a much better pick for a movie. It's full of the type of an action a movie needs. Nothing about The DaVinci Code strikes me as "should be a movie." I did enjoy watching it though. Just not as fantastics as I'd hoped...

Have you read Angels and Demons? I think it would have been a much better pick for a movie. It's full of the type of an action a movie needs. Nothing about The DaVinci Code strikes me as "should be a movie." I did enjoy watching it though. Just not as fantastics as I'd hoped...

Yea, that story was really exciting!

But then again, I really havent read the Davinci code before I watched the movie so I cant really say the movie was bad.

Nevertheless, the story was still very interesting! :)

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

I haven't to be fair, but after the DaVinci Code, I'm not really compelled to read more Dan Brown. I agree with your comment on how there's no outstanding movie quality in DVC, too.

Guest GhostRanger
Watched the movie yesterday, never read the book though. For some reason i kept thinking of National Treasure when i watched it. The movie was OK though.

Conspiracy theories :P

His book Angels and Demons deals with the Illuminati, Free Masons and what not. National Treasure reminded me of it a lot.

I saw it last night.

If you've read the book, you're fine. If you haven't, you'll be completely lost. It's very hard to follow, and the movie doesn't even scratch the surface of the stuff they get into in the book.

Tom Hanks gave a great performance as expected, however, everything else was pretty dreary. Whoever played Silas the monk though, was energetic and gave a good performance as well.

I also thought that some of the French accents would be a little hard to follow for some people.

3898000bYVcx.png

Rotton Tomato critics give it 16% and the users 57% :-/

then it must be a rotten tomato.

the newspapers + movie reviews around here (new york) didnt give it such high remarks. i heard it was mediocre\bad. i saw mission impossible 3 instead. kick @** movie!

happiehour.jpeg

The critics made it out to be worse than it is. It is their job to criticize ya know :P

Personally, I found it entertaining and was ok since I read the book. I was able to follow the plot. My gf who went with me couldn't really grasp the plot since she has no idea what the book is about. And truth be told, it was kind of a bit rushed. I expected it to be like that as there was just too much in the book to put it in a 2 1/2 hour movie so I wasn't disappointed. Gonna explain the bits and pieces of it to her later tonight I guess.