higher shop price for rares?

Miner_I

With the current value of all rares being nothing (or in some cases a few gps) in the general store, I have often wondered what runescape would be like if this would be changed to say 1 Million gp for each rare (or perhaps another price). Of course nobody would sell for that price but it would keep most people from losing their phat, mask, santa, or other rare if they died.

picture117wh.png

Just wondering your opinion; I'm not sure I would like this personally but I can see it as a possible update in the future.

sigcopyzj5.jpg

Don't really see a...point? No-one's going to sell a rare to a store anyway.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

With the current value of all rares being nothing (or in some cases a few gps) in the general store, I have often wondered what runescape would be like if this would be changed to say 1 Million gp for each rare (or perhaps another price). Of course nobody would sell for that price but it would keep most people from losing their phat, mask, santa, or other rare if they died.

picture117wh.png

Just wondering your opinion; I'm not sure I would like this personally but I can see it as a possible update in the future.

imo if you want to wear something decorative, you have to risk it

just think of those items as having a built in skull :lol: I think jagex likes to punish those who are showy with the rares they dropped because they never intended on them being pricey

100 Combat

91 Strength

70 Defense

82 Attack

85 Magic =)

Of course nobody would sell for that price but it would keep most people from losing their phat, mask, santa, or other rare if they died. I'm not sure I would like this personally.

Some of you may want to read the post before you say you dont get it :P

And like i said im not sure i would like the idea, but it may happen anyway.

sigcopyzj5.jpg

Shop price, yes, I agree that it's being badly paraphrased in the general store. That's the big price for much loss: Merchanters and PKers cherrypick one rares-- or wilfully misconstrue it -- and they're off to the wilderness. I'm sure I've done this plenty of times myself, sadly.

They were meant to be fun, so therefore Jagex is not going to increase the proce that they feel they are worth, Jagex made them worth 1gp, if you want to risk dieing and losing one that is your own choice.

picture.php?albumid=328&pictureid=1551

JAGeX never intended holiday items to be rares, so neither should they support them.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

jagex is neutral on this issue. it is neither against or for rares so that's a thing we gotta keep in mind.

and if we actually increase the prices at which you sell ur rares to the general store, i believe the rate at which the prices of rares rises will slow down ...

so how much do you think the price should be set to? 200 mill for a blue phat? but what when the phat reaches 300? shld it be raised to 300 too?

But where would all the level 3's get their rares from if not the ground?

Drop trades from mains? Skills? Merchanting? Hah, don't make me laugh... :roll:

i think most of you guys are mis-understanding his point

he wants the price of phats and stuff to be raised to like *only* 200k. This way, no one woud bother selling them for the money, but people could ware them when training skills such as woodcutting and mining, and if they died the rare would be saved as one of your 3 items.

RSN: Bantam222 [105 combat] [1578 total level]

1gp.jpg

Support my quest for 1600 Skill Total!

It just WON'T happen. All P'hats, H'masks, Santas, Yo-Yo's, Chickens (etc) goes under discontinued items. If they'll start changing it for "rares", it'll change for "untradeable rares". And what will happen? Everyone will start alching Chickens/Scarfs/Marionetes/Easter Rings (etc) in Draynor Village and get mils.. Is thats what you want? If yes.. Get a life.. :$ Just don't take your "rares" in dangerous places.

Profins.png

specty.png

I think Jagex should allow shops to buy each rare for around 50+m of it's current price now and just have the shop restock less than a split second before being shown. This would be better because in around 5 years, there won't be as many rares left, so phat sets would be 500+ billion? If you do not sell the rares in a week, it would just *melt* and disappear like the chocolate eggs. No, there would not be a party hat dust...

I mean rares as in tradeable items. Also, having an increase in the economy would be better than having a massive increase in economy due to rares.

Rsn-Arctiqz

83/90 attack

I think Jagex should allow shops to buy each rare for around 50+m of it's current price now and just have the shop restock less than a split second before being shown. This would be better because in around 5 years, there won't be as many rares left, so phat sets would be 500+ billion? If you do not sell the rares in a week, it would just *melt* and disappear like the chocolate eggs. No, there would not be a party hat dust...

I mean rares as in tradeable items. Also, having an increase in the economy would be better than having a massive increase in economy due to rares.

Wow.. SMART... lets inflate everything and put billions more gold into it, what would soak up that gold? yews would be like 5k per yew and [cabbage]... stuff would just not be worth it, way too much gold would be put into the game.... if anything, they should make more rares or something

what if for a limited time, jagex let a few more rares into the game, but not for noobs. for example, for one week only, everyone who beats the tzha'ar fight caves (while wearing a fire cape so they cant get it their first time) gets a christmas cracker. This kind of thing would lower the rare price, but not by much

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

i think most of you guys are mis-understanding his point

he wants the price of phats and stuff to be raised to like *only* 200k. This way, no one woud bother selling them for the money, but people could ware them when training skills such as woodcutting and mining, and if they died the rare would be saved as one of your 3 items.

WOW somebody actually gets it! thanks bantam for actually reading the post, and btw love ur sig :D

sigcopyzj5.jpg