[Opinions] Miscellania: New loot from island!

12pure34

Here's your cost you'll pay per item IF you have 100% approval:

Coal - 91.6 each

Flax - 40 each

Tuna/Swords - 56.8, 189.4 each (10 tunas to 3 swords)

Maple - 56.1 each

Teak - 166.1 each

Mohagany - 224.6 each

Teak/Mohagany combo - 191.3 each

Unid Herbs - 826.4 each

So, if you put 750k+ gp in your coffers, you'll pay 75k a day. Max you'll pay to a resource is 50k of that 75k, the other 25k will have to put to another resource.

Max Payment Results:

Coal - 546 Coal, 3 gems

Flax - 1250 Flax, 2 herb seeds

Tuna/Swords - 440 Tuna/132 Swords, 2 caskets, 4 gems

Maple - 892 Maple logs, 8 nests

Teak - 301 Teak logs, 1 nest maybe

Mohagany - 223 Moh logs, 1 nest maybe

Teak/Mohagany combo - 131/131, 1 nest maybe.

Unid Herbs - 61 Unid herbs Tarro and above.

On coal, maples and flax I and others noticed consistent nest, gems and seed results. We DID NOT try to figure farm seeds results. Far too chaotic to get a good reading early on.

On herbs, expect this ratio after time: 3 Tarro, 3 Harra, 1 Ranarr, 2 Avant, 2 Irits, 1 Dwarf, 1 Lant, 1 Cada, 1 Kwuarm.

Ex: I put 75k, with 100% on coal and 50% on flax (50k and 25k) I'll get

546 coal, 625 flax

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good logic only with 1 flaw

this is taking money out of the economy so logically, prices will start to fall slightly making it not as profitable soon enough :P

umm, i think it will have a minimal effect on prices, but only time will tell... :P

18/22 skills at or better than 60.

1300+ skill total.

Barrows:Torag's Helm x2, Guthan's Helm, Guthan's Warspear, Dharok's Greataxe, died to dharok, Guthan's Platebody, Ahrim's Hood. All in a total of 104 runs.

Who said that maples are the worst investment. Got 5! nests from my investment of 500k. 100% approval, 100% on maple 50% on herbs. Got ~470 maple logs, 5nests (3 seed, 2 ring). Also a bunch of herbs the lowest being taromins no rannar though ;(

And now the bad thing - 2 of those seeds were acorn and one banana lol. Havent been so excited and so disapointed in the same minute for ages ;). Left the same settings today, will see if I was lucky or maples are realy good nest dropers.

P.S. For those who say no pic no proof I will post the screenshot later.

at 100 percent teak i got 200 teak, and 50 mining i got 187 coal and a ruby. thats after 1 day at 500k in, so 50k

fight caves defeated 3/10/06 at 96 combat 77 range

99+ farming----99+herblore----99 range----99 thieving

213th to 99 herblore, June 29, 2007

It seems like you get 479 non tree seeds on 100% approval 100% seeds 75k coins used.

If anybody has detailed data from the seeds they get(name all the herb seeds), then i could add it to a database.

well, thank you all very much for all reactions you have given and the data about the rewards.

It has been almost a week since the update, so more people will probaly have invested in the new island which seems pretty decent.

What someone mentioned earlier about taking money from the economy, .. where did you go to school :wink:

Learn something about % of total :twisted:

More great or lesser rewards can be posted here and maybe convince people to use the island more often. It seems like rescources received from the island can become a very good way for basics to raise certain skills. Let's say a week on flax, you have saved enough to string 2-3k yew longs! :twisted:

12pure34

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Do you have to collect everyday? Or can you let it sit for a while and just come back?

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Do you have to collect everyday? Or can you let it sit for a while and just come back?

You don't have to come every day, but the approval rating drops by ~1% (has to be confirmed yet) each day and lower approval rating means less production. So it would be wise go to island now and then to rise approval rating and deposit aditional money to coffers.

I had 2m in chest, 100% on maples, 50% on fishing, they took 75k, this is what I got:

892 maple logs

220 tunas

66 swordfish

2 saphires

1 casket- saphire

8 nests- 2 saphire rings, 3 acorns, 2 willow seeds, and 1 MAGIC SEED!

1 lvl 1 clue scroll- steel pick and black full helm :?

Talk about profit!

I accidentally saved over the pic, so you can say it's not true but since I know it's true I could care less.

Slap_My_Feet.png

Wow bigfatleaf,

that is an amazing! amount of resources. Well, I think we found out what the extra bonus is, a clue :twisted:

So you made a tremendous profit with just minutes of work and a 'small' investment. This is a great way to receive large amounts of coal and flax for Very Cheap prices, so I think, myself and many others will use the Miscelana minigame daily or weekly, since it really is fun and worthwhile!

Thank you Jagex, you did a great job and for rest, there is another topic open which is currently calculating all price ratings of the loot you receive from the island.

I suggest we continue our little talk/discussion there and we keep on mini-gaming :P

Thank you for all your comments and help,

sincerely yours,

12pure34 :twisted:

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

about 200k in coffer, 100% satisfaction:

reward9iv.th.png

Special note to the half key

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)