Karma strikes again (credits to Leesters etc.)

cardovilian

Yeah I know its a well-worn topic, but we haven't had one for a while.

Anyway, I was in Fally bank (my home from home) when I see Packerskid (hope you dont mind me using your name - its for a good reason) selling ranarr seeds. I offer 20k each but got beaten to the trade. Shortly afterwards Packerskid offers to go get me some more seeds so I say 'OK whatever you can get I'll buy'.

He has an Ogre slayer assignment to do so goes off to get me some seeds. Since he's on slayer I think, while I'm waiting, I'll go carry on with my outstanding assignment which is Iron Dragons (yeah I know all dedicated slayers would Burthorpe them, but I really want Drag Legs and I've already had a D Med drop from this assign due to a fortuitous Steel Drag) so off I go.

Packerskid and I are carrying on a PM chat, him updating me on the ranarr seed front, when he asks me if I would loan him 100k towards the cost of the Obby shield which he is saving for. My response is that I wont loan the cash but will donate for free all the drops/bones from this visit to drags.

To cut a long story short, I end up handing over about 80k's worth of stuff (best being teeth half key - pretty poor visit I know). Packerskid gets his Obby shield, thanks me for my help and I feel good about myself, everyone's happy.

One thing I didn't hand over was a clue scroll (for obvious reasons) so the next day that was my first job. Bearing in mind that I have never had better than plain rune pl8 from a scroll, lo and behold I get Sara legs, Rune kite (t), Rune pl8 and 80 laws - 1/2 mil for me :). So I PM Packerskid later saying ' Karma to me for helping you out'.

But that's not the end of it. Today I figure I might as well finish those drags off (77 out of 168 left), so I kit myself out, pot up and head to the drags. With 1 prayer pot left out of the 10 I took I see this:

dragonlegs2505065xx.jpg

KARMA? I should say so!!!

So remember everyone, BE NICE, it can't hurt, you'll feel better about yourself, and karma MIGHT strike for you too!

Why is 'common sense' so named, when there is so little of it about?

Welcome to puberty, we've been expecting you.

newsighq9.jpg

I should probably stop lying to people telling them "I dont have any food" when im training at lessers.

Looking for someone to teach me how to Armadyl farm - pm me

10,200th Person to Achieve 99 Magic on 1/10/08

The game coders prabably made it so they can detect niceness and they give you discreet stuff for being nice. Or niceness is a hidden skill that you get exp for and when you get enough exp you advance a level and something good happens.

Or maybe karma is just luck, and maybe luck is just a word people invent to explain the randomness of the universe.

Whichever.

Good day sir, how may I help you?

Id like to access my bank account please.

Certainly sir.

The game coders prabably made it so they can detect niceness and they give you discreet stuff for being nice. Or niceness is a hidden skill that you get exp for and when you get enough exp you advance a level and something good happens.

Or maybe karma is just luck, and maybe luck is just a word people invent to explain the randomness of the universe.

Whichever.

Yep, I must be a total demon since I've killed 500 Steel Dragons and only goten junk :P ..... :cry: .

I thought I had defeated the dreaded Karma threads, but it seems the disease that is the Karma topic has come out of its hiding :x .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I thought I had defeated the dreaded Karma threads, but it seems the disease that is the Karma topic has come out of its hiding :x .

Its a virus. And everyone's a carrier MWUHAHAHAHA

newsighq9.jpg

Not everyone, I made sure to get a vaccine for the Karmatopicitis :P . You can never be too careful (I wonder how many more carriers are roaming around Tip.it...)

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Not everyone, I made sure to get a vaccine for the Karmatopicitis :P . You can never be too careful (I wonder how many more carriers are roaming around Tip.it...)

THOUSANDS.............. :twisted:

newsighq9.jpg

Congratz,GJ

BTW,its Leesters

Good point - edited (and that was after I took out the third 'E', but I have been drinking :oops: )

And how do you know my initials?

newsighq9.jpg

Yes, those two happenings were directly related, obviously attainable to karma.

(Sorry, I'm in the http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=458192 mindset about posting these things)

Anyway, nice of you to be nice, and congrats on the good drop.

I used to be in that camp, but its happened twice to me now, so I'm sticking with the optimists from now on. Mind you, I try to be nice IRL too but I've yet to wake up and find the keys to a Porsche under my pillow :( , so maybe its strictly a Runscape thing?

newsighq9.jpg

Yes, those two happenings were directly related, obviously attainable to karma.

(Sorry, I'm in the http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=458192 mindset about posting these things)

Anyway, nice of you to be nice, and congrats on the good drop.

I used to be in that camp, but its happened twice to me now, so I'm sticking with the optimists from now on. Mind you, I try to be nice IRL too but I've yet to wake up and find the keys to a Porsche under my pillow :( , so maybe its strictly a Runscape thing?

I don't think it's optimism. I just think that people naturally want to explain/make sense of why things happen, and it's easy in most cases to connect dots. In this case the connection is a good thing happening to karma, as if both events couldn't have occured separately on their own without any link. I kind of do sound pessimistic I guess though. :P

I once helped a guy out at bronze dragons by giving him some food so he could finish his assignment, he told me to add him.

yesterday we meet up for the first time and asks why I am on his friends list and i told him the story. He gave me 500 lobsters:)

well today at 11:30 am 14 years ago i was born.. wo0t!!!
At 11:30 you should start holding your head underwater wo0t!!!
Stop acting such a moron.

I'm not trying to be mean but I am really getting sick of all these KARMA threads(But Leesters was good)... I mean, come on, we get the point that karma is in people's lives every day.

First off Karma does not exist in this game. I've done every single kind act you people can conjure and nothing good has happened for me! I've been playing this game for more than 2 and a half years and still haven't had a barrows or dragon drop!

Off-topic it is a very "well-warn" topic indeed. I'm starting to understand that Leesters seems to have enlightened us all about karma. Whatever, it doesnt work.

The self-proclaimed king of bronze.

First off Karma does not exist in this game. I've done every single kind act you people can conjure and nothing good has happened for me! I've been playing this game for more than 2 and a half years and still haven't had a barrows or dragon drop!

Off-topic it is a very "well-warn" topic indeed. I'm starting to understand that Leesters seems to have enlightened us all about karma. Whatever, it doesnt work.

i been payin for 5-6 years and never had drag drop lol... karma... yeah....

93k/300k tokkul - going for furry

Drops: 1 obby shield , 2 obby mauls

Whichever.

i've been nice for 4 years and i'm still waiting for a dragon drop -.- so it's not true :(

2vuhgcn.png

i been payin for 5-6 years and never had drag drop lol... karma... yeah....

how could you have been playing 6 years if the game started in 2001 :S and i doubt u were a beta or alpha tester

sig312.png

angel2w.gif