Bands and their Live Performances

GordanFreeman

Red Hot Chili Peppers - All work together as a group to form an amazing atmosphere on stage, with brilliant music.

Muse - All of them are amazingly talented, I love them so much, and they won a Brit Award for Best Live Act :lol:

I never seen them live, but the live DVD of the Absolution tour and RHCP live at Slane Castle are awesome. Also, Robbie Williams is amazing live.

I just bought tickets to see Muse at T On the Fringe in August. Unfortunately I think My Chemical Romance are supporting. :(

Even if you don't like MCR... you'll enjoy the show, trust me... they are really fun to see

They might put on a good show... But I really, really despise 'emo'.

I really hate to go off topic... but why do you hate emo?

If you say the whole it gives the message to slit your wrists or w/e you need to be slapped silly.. because then you actually need to listen to some of the music.

It's nothing like that. I don't like the vocal delivery, it tends to be whiney or screamy, both of which I dislike. The heaviest vocalist I can handle is Phil Anselmo, and even that is pushing it sometimes.

Also, I find the instrumental parts to be dull and repetitive.

That said, I do hate the 'emo' (false-emo as they may be) following. I don't dig the hair, or the makeup or dress sense.

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Dreaming of that face again

It's bright, and blue, and shimmering

Grinning wide

And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red Hot Chili Peppers - All work together as a group to form an amazing atmosphere on stage, with brilliant music.

RHCP Are coming to the Gwinnett Centre (About a 4 hour drive from where i live). Being they play near my birthday i was hoping to get tickets, but i want to know are they worth it for the 4 hour drive/tickets?

This is a simple question with a simple answer, and that answer is YES!! You will arrive singing their songs, and leave singing even more of their songs! Go with some friends and make it like a thing for your birthday, and I can ensure you that you will have a brilliant time.

P.S I HYT'ed you woooot!

sigstuff4qe.png

I don't know what it is, but something keeps telling me you "own"?

"When you're happy it's like you're a bird; you can fly. The only trouble is, you need other birds to fly with"

Hehe, this is also live related, so I'll post it up here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-wE...h=tool%20push it

Come on, what's up with this sensor. :? click the link and add IT to it.

Tool live, a fan comes on stage, Maynard starts fighting with the fan, and completes the song while sitting on the fan, hehe.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Hehe, this is also live related, so I'll post it up here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-wE...h=tool%20push it

Come on, what's up with this sensor. :? click the link and add IT to it.

Tool live, a fan comes on stage, Maynard starts fighting with the fan, and completes the song while sitting on the fan, hehe.

That's one of the cooler live videos. There's one where Maynard's voice cracks during Parabola, and he forgets the lyrics so he chucks the mic down and storms off.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=P2HYM631O4o&search=Tool%20H.

That gives me shivers. Got tickets to see 'em next wednesday!

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Grinning wide

I'd love to see them live, alas, none of my friends like them. And I don't feel like attending a TOOL concert alone. I could've seen them yesterday at PINK POP, but I didn't have money to buy tickets, my friends would've liked PINK POP because it's a pretty diverse festival, missed my chance. :(

21o4pav.jpg

I'd love to see them live, alas, none of my friends like them. And I don't feel like attending a TOOL concert alone. I could've seen them yesterday at PINK POP, but I didn't have money to buy tickets, my friends would've liked PINK POP because it's a pretty diverse festival, missed my chance. :(

You shoulda jumped on the chance.

They pretty much only tour after album releases, and you know how few and far between their albums are.

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Grinning wide

You shoulda jumped on the chance.

They pretty much only tour after album releases, and you know how few and far between their albums are.

Can still buy tickets for the 27th of june (tickets go on sale this saturday), but I don't know. All alone..few hours traveling and so. Maybe in six years.

21o4pav.jpg

Muse - All of them are amazingly talented, I love them so much, and they won a Brit Award for Best Live Act :lol:

I never seen them live, but the live DVD of the Absolution tour and RHCP live at Slane Castle are awesome. Also, Robbie Williams is amazing live.

Gah, you put up a good list until you listed the fat dancer from Take That....

But yeah, Muse are brilliant live, I watched them at Glasto a couple of years back. Franz Ferdinand are also really good live.

What's wrong with Robbie Williams live? Seems like it has got an amazing atmosphere, he's an amazing preformer, makes good pop-music and doesn't playback. I don't think anyone can deny, whether you like his music or not, that Williams is an amazing live preformer and one of the better pop-stars of the '90's.

21o4pav.jpg

You're like a broken record. Do you listen to anything else?

Hahaha. :P

But yeah like I was saying earlier, I'm going with Ghost to see The Aquabats on June 5th and then Reel Big Fish and Streetlight Manifesto August 11th. Those are going to be some kick-a shows. 8-)

Last time I saw Reel Big Fish, they were terrible :oops: Never seen Streetlight Manifesto live, though. :D

What's wrong with Robbie Williams live? Seems like it has got an amazing atmosphere, he's an amazing preformer, makes good pop-music and doesn't playback. I don't think anyone can deny, whether you like his music or not, that Williams is an amazing live preformer and one of the better pop-stars of the '90's.

Yeah, I stand by what I say, Muse are brilliant, and I watched Franz Ferdinand on 'Friday Night With Jools Holland' and they were pretty good; they did this really cool drum thing at the end.

However I'm gonna have to agree with How2pk on Robbie, regardless of whether you like his music or not, he is a brilliant performer; I watched the concert he did about a year ago in some big field somewhere in England (can't remember name of place sorry) on TV, and the way he had the whole crowd waiting on his every word was phenomenal!

sigstuff4qe.png

I don't know what it is, but something keeps telling me you "own"?

"When you're happy it's like you're a bird; you can fly. The only trouble is, you need other birds to fly with"

Last time I saw Reel Big Fish, they were terrible :oops: Never seen Streetlight Manifesto live, though. :D

Rofl, are you serious? They are amazing live!

I just got back from the Aquabats, Whole Wheat Bread, and The Aggrolites, that was an AWESOME show indeed. :P

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

see that guy on Live 8, hes a pretty damn good singer...

Guest GhostRanger

Rofl, are you serious? They are amazing live!

I just got back from the Aquabats, Whole Wheat Bread, and The Aggrolites, that was an AWESOME show indeed. :P

Oh man, indeed it was! I feel like my life is complete now that I've seen The Aquabats live. What an amazing performance...

!! Another guy on a Dutch forum is going alone as well. He's living pretty close to me and I'm passing the station he needs to get on. So we're most likely going together then!

Woohoo, How2PK is going to TOOL. ^.^

21o4pav.jpg

Oh man, indeed it was! I feel like my life is complete now that I've seen The Aquabats live. What an amazing performance...

Ive seen them twice before, as well (once like two years ago, and this past december), and had an awesome time too. Was surprised at a lot of the people who showed up, though (most were at least double my age lol).

P.S. - Add another "!" to your sig :D

Guest GhostRanger

Ive seen them twice before, as well (once like two years ago, and this past december), and had an awesome time too. Was surprised at a lot of the people who showed up, though (most were at least double my age lol).

P.S. - Add another "!" to your sig :D

Yeah - there were a whole lot of...much older...people there. That surprised me as well.

P.s. I know :oops: MPC has already complained about it to me once. I just don't feel like opening up photoshop. :P

• 2 months later...

I think it's a good time to update my list.

Reel Big Fish (x2)

The Aquabats

Catch 22

Streetlight Manifesto

Whole Wheat Bread (x2)

The Aggrolites

Westbound Train

Big D and the Kids Table

Story of the Year

Linkin Park

That's about all of them, well at least all of what anyone has heard of.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

Seen Aquabats twice also, one of the best shows I've ever seen, just simply amazing. However to the person who said MCR always put on a good show, when i saw them I have to say I was a little dissapointed, I prefered their support act in many ways.

Also Incubus are very good live, really enjoyed seeing them.

Is it just me, or does Tool suck at live performances..I mean, I am a huge fan of A Perfect Circle and Tool, but I have heard Maynards voice on recordings of live performances and it just sucks...

It might be different if you are actually AT the concert. I just wonder if anyone thinks Tool sounds crappy live.. :?

srequest2me.jpg

I am an Atheist, and I take pride in it.